Mists of Pandaria Launch Times

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
If you can't produce data or a logical argument then don't post. What you just typed means absolutely nothing.

I didn't try to post anything because I don't have any, neither do you, what you posted - what I responded to - was stupid at best. Sorry to burst that small bubble of yours, your little rant was nothing but that - a rant.
09/18/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Naumu
If you can't produce data or a logical argument then don't post. What you just typed means absolutely nothing.

I didn't try to post anything because I don't have any, neither do you, what you posted - what I responded to - was stupid at best. Sorry to burst that small bubble of yours, your little rant was nothing but that - a rant.

I know you can't argue with stupid....but I'll try. Unless Blizzard produces zone by zone data on where its customers play the game then we have to assume its game playing population has roughly the same distribution as the population as a whole. That is, of course, unless you can give some logical reason as to why the distribution would be skewed.

So, until either of those things happen - my statements are sound.
09/18/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Kaivax
If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition

09/18/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Kaivax
we’re using a new bit of tech
These don't generally go together but I'm behind you all the way and am hoping for the best. ;)
So what happen too being fair? just yesterday we had to wait till 6pm and europe got to play way earlier. blizzard said they was gonna make us wait so everyone would have the same time doing theramore. But i guess that doesnt apply to the expansion. East coast has to wait till 3am?? Come on blizzard be fair
09/18/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Ríckross
I don't know why people are even complaining about 3 am est launch time, it's been like that for every expansion, or blizzard release haha. Gives me more time to sleep ;)

Nope. Check BC release
I logged in at 12:30 AM CST in Wrath as well and immediately went to Howling Fjord.

I wasn't as excited about the Cataclysm launch so I didn't log in until the next day with it. I think people have said that it was launched at 12:00 AM PST rather than EST like the others. Might do the same with this one since it will be 2:00 AM CDT and I am sure there will be problems for a little while like always.

I think I can get more done by just logging in after my 8:00 am class and playing all day, rather than spending that 5 hours and then possibly cutting myself short the next day.
09/18/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Katfish
I don't know why people are even complaining about 3 am est launch time, it's been like that for every expansion, or blizzard release haha. Gives me more time to sleep ;)

Nope. Check BC release

There weren't "first" achievements at the time of the BC launch. Allowing players on the east coast to play sooner than the west coast gives them a 3-hour lead.

Also, why do so many people keep saying the 3am thing means they can't play until after Wednesday? You can play when you get home from work/school on Tuesday still.
09/18/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Ríckross

I can't be sure of this (was a long time ago), but I think TBC was mid EST because I don't remember waited after I got home from the store to play it.
Of course, 3am release isn't the same as midnight release, but Blizzard thought about this long and hard and realized they don't care about half this country's population. The mere idea of someone who doesn't live on the West coast getting to play before they do must sicken them. I'm not sure how they handle the European and Asian launches other than "out of sight, out of mind". I'm sure it tears them up inside.
You wanna know why I'm jumping to such ridiculous conclusions? Because so many Blizzard launches have been plagued with really embarrassing issues that could have been eased with staggered log-ins. Diablo 3 wouldn't have been nearly as bad if people had been logging in in waves instead of everyone at once. It could have at the very least shown them the flaws in the system and given them three more hours to work on it instead of only even finding out about it at 3am EST. But no, we gotta wait for Cali to catch up and then everyone gets to find out their product doesn't work.
This thread makes me laugh...and makes me happy :) It's amazing how many of you think (from your postings) that California is the west coast. Hello...try again....I am from the great state of Oregon which is neighbors with the great state of Washington who are neighbors with Canada...etc. There are many states between east and west coast too who aren't complaining..so what's up with that? Blizzard is based in California...it's their game...their rules. So east coast...just chill..we all get in when the magic button gets pushed.
Oh for goodness sake people, relax! I swear you will find any tiny little thing to complain about, then beat it to a bloody pulp.

The long-awaited expansion is coming in less than a week! Get pumped! Get excited! Do your research so you don't have to waste your time asking trade trolls where you need to go at launch!

Let's just collectively cross our fingers and hope that the transition from Cataclysm to Pandaria goes smoothly (despite past experiences) and let go of the launch time whine-fest.
If you just made it 12 EST then everyone would be happy. PST gets it earlier and EST people don't have to stay up until 3AM.
yah srsly im excited for the expansion, just unhappy about having to wait till 3 am when we know there are always issues. no launch goes smoothly. and i have to pay bills so i work or id stay up and do the ridic world firsts. lvling first doesnt mean anything anyway. the true firsts and bests will come when the new pvp season and raids are released. seroiously just open pandaland at 12 est it would make a lot of people happy
What happens if we have 25 quests in our quest log? Will we still be able to get the starter quest that magically appears?
You know the servers don't get slammed even harder. I mean a 9pm PST/12PM EST launch would have a LOT more people logging on in first minute. I am with everyone though, there should be another option instead of giving EST players the shaft every launch of every game.
I'll give you a dollar to let me in now.
09/18/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Bombination
Will I be able to sit on the character creation screen and see pandaren/monk become available or will that require a log out/in?
I would also really like to know this??? please stop back in for a follow up blue :D
I don't mind the 3 AM start gives me time to go get my game install it hope the internet isn't crap that night, proably will screw you WS, install it go nap for 2 hours. And "IF" this new system works maybe that mean log in servers wont be bla but Still no clue how this will effect people NOT in SW people going for the server firsts are going to be in molten front or TB waiting to turn in dailys will the XP bar just pop up or something like in cata when quest's didn't even give XP for the first 10 mins could happen.
I took tuesday off...I'm just gonna sleep, wake up around 7 eastern and play the damned thing.