Eternal Flame and Harsh Words glyph

Paladin
Just wondering, why doesn't Glyph of harsh words not work with eternal flame? I can see not allowing the HoT to become a DoT, but not even allowing the base heal to convert to damage? It used to work, and helped me put alot of pressure on heals / opponents, now I;m stuck between losing eternal flame, or choosing a lackluster glyph to replace Harsh words. I know it's supposed to be all about making tougher choices, but is that the sole reason, or am I missing something here?
- Rebuke is excellent
- Beacon of Light is amazing
- Turn Evil is almost freakin' mandatory

Besides, I like using my healing for healing. Denounce is damage enough, I want more healing utility.
- Rebuke is excellent
- Beacon of Light is amazing
- Turn Evil is almost freakin' mandatory

Besides, I like using my healing for healing. Denounce is damage enough, I want more healing utility.

I....don't quite know what you are trying to say in regards to my post. rebuke IS awesome, no argument there, as is delicious Bacon of Light. (turn evil though, really? The situations you would use that in are so rare, not worth it IMO)

Those aren't CHOICES as far as the talents go. If you'd argued say, choosing Holy Avenger vs. Divine Purpose, I'd get it.

Also, I love healing, reason I do it. But when you're in arena matches, having a second person to put pressure on the team can stop a comeback in it's tracks. That's what I want, and feel alienating Eternal flame from Harsh Words glyph was focused at Holy pallies, and would like to know.
I don't really like healers being able to do damage. When I can kill people with Denounce or catform, I feel disgusting.

Against DKs/Felhunter locks it's pretty much mandatory. I'd happily sacrifice my healer-DPS to be able to instantly fear an unfearable undead, prevent a charge/gnaw when I need to cast, or prevent a spell lock. When you don't have melee on you and their pet is feared, it's like devotion aura. All the time.

And I'm talking about glyphs... just to make sure that's clear lol. Instant Turn Evil, 6-second lockout Rebuke, and no-GCD Beacon. Target switching with Beacon... so good.
09/22/2012 06:24 AMPosted by Sparklefever
But when you're in arena matches, having a second person to put pressure on the team can stop a comeback in it's tracks.
That's why Blizzard balances around 3s, not 2s.

/sigh

Ok then.. when you are in a 3s match, 5s match, or rBGs, being able to assist in putting pressure on the opposing team can stop a comeback in its tracks.
I'm with you 100% on this, Dancer. And I think it SHOULD give DoT effect when used with EF... but I suppose I'd settle for it doing something at all. The Glyph is a buff that we pay for that extends the function of a talent. If EF replaces WoG, then there is NOTHING unfair about having that (or a) glyph equally extend EF the same way, if the idea behind the talents is that they are "equal abilities" in principle, just different for your style of play.

As for not liking healers to be able to do damage, well Protection and Retribution Paladins use heals to protect themselves. Healing energy is just magical energy designed to affect an individual's health. Once a high level of mastery of that ability is achieved, it seems natural that a user of magical/holy powers would be able to choose to use that power to negatively affect an enemy's health for the purpose of protection or DPS... just don't make it available to Healers. They get major bonuses for healing power already that keeps them alive. It's fine if you personally wouldn't want to use healing for damage... be a healer. But as a tank/DPS, it makes sense to be able to use that power as I see fit.

Bottom line, TOTALLY unfair that Harsh Words doesn't work with Eternal Flame. Really? It's the SAME THING, Blizzard... we shouldn't get penalized to choose a talent of equal power that better fits our playing style... might as well remove the talent.
09/21/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Dancër
Just wondering, why doesn't Glyph of harsh words not work with eternal flame?

The simplest, probably most logical, and likely best answer you will get:

Because Blizzard said so.

We don't know why. We likely never will. It just doesn't.
Rare? Not really, but when you don't need it against a certain comp, glyph out of it before it starts. Turn Evil is fantastic against DK's, Lock's and Priests. Fearing those Psyfiends with an instant is an easy way to keep your whole group from getting CC'd out of LOS.
It's probably something to do with the coding more than anything (probably some weird bug, similar to how Word of Glory won't self cast if your enemy target's not within range), otherwise it's illogical that the glyph shouldn't work with the talent. At the very least, the base heal should convert.