Druid and You.

Druid
For starters, I am not trying to troll or anything, I am actually just trying to form a logical answer. The story goes like this!
My long time Druid tank guild leader has stated he will be shelving his druid for a brewmaster come MoP. His reasons were mostly that Druid will fall off the shelf as a reliable progression tank. His logic mostly comes from avoidance and damage mitigation compared to that of a brewmaster, or even a warr. He also reads EJ a crazy amount and is highly biased on anything posted there.

Now, as for me, I argued with him. Stating I preferred playing my druid tank current game over my warr (who is much better geared). Although I can see a large difference in mitigation between the two even now. Mostly being that my Warr has a lot more ways of dealing with incoming damage dodge/parry/block etc.

Can anyone discuss this with me as a serious progression situation? Both of my characters are sitting at 85, most likely I will level which ever is more interesting for me to play (druid). Just curious and wanting to have a conversation while at work.

<3 you all.
He's got grass-is-greener syndrome in terms of "reliability" and hasn't really learned how to utilize the new system on Bears properly.

Monk doesn't feel much better, especially now that their energy regen got nerfed again. He's going to be in for a surprise if he think Monks are better just because they have a few more buttons to push.
He's got grass-is-greener syndrome in terms of "reliability" and hasn't really learned how to utilize the new system on Bears properly.

Monk doesn't feel much better, especially now that their energy regen got nerfed again. He's going to be in for a surprise if he think Monks are better just because they have a few more buttons to push.

Well his argument came with "Stagger". Also I agree 100% he is a fotm player. However, my main concern is if druids will be shelved for say a warr, pally, or dk for progression purposes, when in previous content druids were favored for there large health pools.

Continuing the conversation, would changes to FR make things a little more interested? For example, adding a 'shield' if used when you are already at full hp, to absorb any incoming damage. Atm that would only give you a 26kish shield if topped off. Which roughly equals a critical block atm for my warr, who can have more up time on SB.

Again! Not trolling! Nor am I saying I dislike druid tanking, I actually enjoy it more so. Just trying to figure out stuff.
For starters, I am not trying to troll or anything

Never start with this XD You prepare readers for the worst ;)

As for him re-rolling. Blizzard isn't going to allow one tank to be severely behind another when it comes to PvE. Trust me, after living in the monk forms over the past few months there is just as much crying from them as any other.

Pallies cry that dks are better, Dks cry about druids ect ect.

He should stick with what HE enjoys as a main. If he has been playing a Druid for years - and he doesn't like adjusting to how bear plays... meh.. that is his choice.

If he is re-rolling because he thinks Guardian won't be as viable as say Protection or Brewmaster - then that is an issue.

I'm assuming that is the case?

Well short of hitting him with someone large and heavy - a lamp post maybe (Sorry jax is my main) you really don't have a way to stop him from leveling something else come tuesday.

If you tell him or try to make him play his druid he will most likely .. *Can't think of the word* I HATE mornings.. need coffee...

*Sips*

resent - there we go! He will most likely resent you or his Druid for being forced into something; that will just make the "Grass is Greener (Like reesi said which I 100% agree) syndrome even stronger.

TL:DR He should stick with what he enjoys - just don't try to force him into anything.