5.1 Sided Factions

Story Forum
It would be interesting if, in 5.1, each side got a new faction coming in with the assault on Pandaria's beachhead. I mean, yes the Horde/Forsaken and the Alliance each have a navy but aren't really naval powers.

It would be interesting for Kul'Tiras to come into the picture for the Alliance, while Vol'jin could strike a tenuous alliance with the Zandalari trolls.

Also, we could gain Kul'Tiras and Zulduzar as new faction cities!
It would be interesting if, in 5.1, each side got a new faction coming in with the assault on Pandaria's beachhead. I mean, yes the Horde/Forsaken and the Alliance each have a navy but aren't really naval powers.

It would be interesting for Kul'Tiras to come into the picture for the Alliance, while Vol'jin could strike a tenuous alliance with the Zandalari trolls.

Also, we could gain Kul'Tiras and Zulduzar as new faction cities!

The Zandalari homeland was destroyed with the Cataclysm, and it pains me to say it, but at this point, Kul Tiras could have been destroyed as well, with the way Blizzard is treating it.
Considering how childishly easy it would be to at least bring back Kul Tiras in name (scatter a few Kul Tiras characters and ships around various port cities and bingo, you're done. Since we don't see much naval combat in the game, it's easy to imagine the bulk of their contribution to the war happens off-camera), I have to imagine they're simply not interested in doing so.
09/17/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Lorelaî
The Zandalari homeland was destroyed with the Cataclysm,

Survive the Well of Eternity Exploding? Done.

Survive the Cataclysm which was so much smaller and weaker? Nope.

What even the heck :P
I think the problem with Kul'tiras is one of actual faction balance ingame. No not the population balance but that of gameplay.

Now if Kul'tiras comes in as an Alliance faction (where you'll probably have to gain rep with them etc) what would be the balancing force for the Horde? (And for the love of kittens not the Zandalar, they have every reason to want to destroy the Horde (and alliance) at present if any still live. Also Naga are out of the question as they don't like anything that isn't them. )
I think the problem with Kul'tiras is one of actual faction balance ingame. No not the population balance but that of gameplay.

Now if Kul'tiras comes in as an Alliance faction (where you'll probably have to gain rep with them etc) what would be the balancing force for the Horde? (And for the love of kittens not the Zandalar, they have every reason to want to destroy the Horde (and alliance) at present if any still live. Also Naga are out of the question as they don't like anything that isn't them. )

Kezan.

EDIT:

Or the Lost Isles.

Only with a black volcanic scarred military base look to them.
Ugh goblins... almost as bad as gnomes....

Better idea... help me come up with a safe way to goblin punt, to join the gnome punting season.

Jokes aside though, Kezan's population was entirely Bilgewater cartel I thought? Which means any and all survivors are already in the Horde...
Ugh goblins... almost as bad as gnomes....

Better idea... help me come up with a safe way to goblin punt, to join the gnome punting season.

Jokes aside though, Kezan's population was entirely Bilgewater cartel I thought? Which means any and all survivors are already in the Horde...

What? No.

All the trade princes of every Cartel lived in different areas there.

Lots of neutral and potentially hostile people there that could be won over to the Horde cause by force or by the fact that Kul'Tiras is growing back into a trading power and the Alliance no longer buys goblin since they have gnome tech and reverse engineered titan stuff and draenei stuff.
Ah... don't like goblins so never did the starter zone for them (did for worgen though). Plus brain has been switched off for god knows how long...

Might work... although why the goblins would side with just one faction would be beyond me if they had free choice though. Despite gnomes and draenei, they'd be other things they'd be able to trade for that aren't tech.

(Such as raw materials etc.)

I don't think there's really any profits for them joining the war on the Horde side of things... Bilgewater would be strangle holding everything.
Kul Tiras isn't coming back, we really need to just face that fact. It had next to no mention in Tides of War and it's likely that it just got ruined by the Cataclysm.

We just need to think of other things the Alliance needs at this point. I'm not one for giving up on something to hope for, but I think Blizzard has made their stance well known about the state of Kul Tiras at this point.
09/17/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Waraila
don't like goblins

You and I shall never be friends. I'm so sorry.

Despite gnomes and draenei, they'd be other things they'd be able to trade for that aren't tech.

(Such as raw materials etc.)

I don't think there's really any profits for them joining the war on the Horde side of things... Bilgewater would be strangle holding everything.

1. Dwarves and Nelves provide inorganic and organic stuff respectively.

2. Part of the point would be getting rid of the Venture Co. and balancing Gallywix out.
09/17/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Skytotem

aww :(

./kitty eyes.

09/17/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Skytotem
2. Part of the point would be getting rid of the Venture Co. and balancing Gallywix out.

Don't the steamwheedle do that? I know they have some kind of monopoly that the other cartels won't go near or something...
09/17/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Waraila

aww :(

./kitty eyes.

Don't the steamwheedle do that? I know they have some kind of monopoly that the other cartels won't go near or something...

1. Nope.

2. They'd be hurt the most by the Alliance starting to use internal avenues for resources because they have such a large trade network, takes the most income to maintain. (Unless their tradeposts are self sufficient? But I doubt that.)

Personally I don't even want Kezan to be 'just horde' that bad. I'd greatly prefer the Lost Isles getting settled and a sort of military sub-state getting set up there.
I'd kinda rather they return to Goblin stuff as a sort of mirror to returning to Worgen stuff. (Like a phased Kezan and Gilneas, or something. Maybe a phased Undermine if Kezan is unsalvageable.)
09/17/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Donahue
I'd kinda rather they return to Goblin stuff as a sort of mirror to returning to Worgen stuff. (Like a phased Kezan and Gilneas, or something. Maybe a phased Undermine if Kezan is unsalvageable.)

Really makes me wish this was more of a "Great Sea" expac.

We could have Gilnean colonies on some islands and Goblin outposts on others.
09/17/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Naijin
Vol'jin could strike a tenuous alliance with the Zandalari trolls.

You know they offered him a place in the new troll empire and he declined right? Why would they join up?
09/17/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Skytotem

Really makes me wish this was more of a "Great Sea" expac.

We could have Gilnean colonies on some islands and Goblin outposts on others.

As long as every Gilnean isn't Worgn, I'm okay with that.... Somewhat...

I still would prefer Kul Tiras as an Alliance faction.
GoGo illidan redemption story and the beginnings of the Illidari Faction!!!!!
I'm actually of the opinion that we need 4 new factions in 5.1, so 2 per faction.

The first two would simply be the primary Alliance and Horde forces on Pandaria. Might be a decent enough time for a 7th Legion faction on the Alliance, then probably something like "Hellscream's Vanguard" on the Horde, or even the Kor'kron.

Then we'd have two specialty factions. The Alliance would have a new Kirin Tor faction lead by Jaina Proudmoore. Their primary mission would be to secure magical artifacts to keep them from falling into the hands of the Horde and, when feasible, use said artifacts against the Horde.

On the Horde side however you'd have a new group called "The Honorsworn". Essentially they are a group of dissidents who believe that the first duty of all Horde citizens is to the concept of honor and if the Warchief betrays the Horde's honor, as they believe Garrosh has done, then the Warchief must be deposed. Several Horde racial leaders would be members of this faction, although you have to reach very high reputation levels for that fact to become known to your character. The idea behind this faction is to get players used to the idea of rebellion against Garrosh well before the Siege of Orgrimmar actually happens.

The Zandalari homeland was destroyed with the Cataclysm, and it pains me to say it, but at this point, Kul Tiras could have been destroyed as well, with the way Blizzard is treating it.

I doubt Kul Tiras was destroyed... after all, if I'm correct, the Baradin wardens are from there.

Also, the Zandalari are still around and powerful, even without thier homeland if it was indeed destroyed. Theres a troll ambassador in an STV quest hub giving Horde players greeting from Rastakhan. If they're in search of a Horde homeland, im sure an alliance with the Horde would be beneficial.