Ask a Feral PvP'er!

Druid
Prev 1 6 7 8 15 Next
09/24/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Hanharr
This time, Tokiwa, I’ll be bullet proof.

Tick, tick, tick, tick on the watch
And life's too short for me to stop
Oh Hanharr, your time is running out.

When your walking down the street and a man tries to get your business, and the people that you meet want to open you up like Christmas. How are you gonna wrap your symbiosis with a big red bow?
I’m Almost Sorry that I Don’t Feel Like Take’n Your Mama out all night Dancin’ in the Invisible Light with Mary or Laura even though they are Filthy/Gorgeous.

Almost...
In west Mist of Pandaria reborn and raised
In the Four Winds where I spend most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.
When a couple of horde who were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood,
I got into a few fights and my friends got scared....

!!! Almost had it, then lost it. 90's starting to fill out now! ! Should i just roll boom/resto and hope for feral to pan out? Or just be a hardcase and roll feral.
I'm currently leveling as Feral and I'm feeling a bit... bored.

The gaps in damage are fine when I'm engaged in PvP as there are plenty of things to do while I'm filling in the gaps. It just feels... lacking trying to bounce around and kill mob after mob as Feral.

I plan on sticking it out for the time being though. I do have all of my PvE/PvP Boomkin gear to play with if I get too fed up with it.
Same. I'm finding energy starvation to be a major pain. Since the SR glyph is pretty much mandatory what if they make the glyph also increase our energy regen for the next X seconds? Seems like it's not really asking much at all - or heck make that ability baseline.

Also working on my Unholy DK, Aff/Destro Warlock & Ele Sham and finding those to be much more fun while levelling, unfortunately they're not my mains :(.
The gaps in damage are fine when I'm engaged in PvP as there are plenty of things to do while I'm filling in the gaps. It just feels... lacking trying to bounce around and kill mob after mob as Feral.

SR should be a significant haste buff instead of a flat damage buff. This would still make it mandatory in terms of sustained damage and long-term cp generation, in pve and pvp, but wouldn't be as punishing for bleed applications. It would also be far more interesting overall since it would probably have knock-off effects on our "rotation" (ie. potentially being able to use FB more often), and possibly provide more survivability in PvP.

It would also introduce a larger element of randomness into our damage via OOC procs, which should make Blizzard happy, since they love randomness.
Same. I'm finding energy starvation to be a major pain. Since the SR glyph is pretty much mandatory what if they make the glyph also increase our energy regen for the next X seconds? Seems like it's not really asking much at all - or heck make that ability baseline.Also working on my Unholy DK, Aff/Destro Warlock & Ele Sham and finding those to be much more fun while levelling, unfortunately they're not my mains :(.

The bonus that I have is I’m leveling exclusively with my girlfriend on her Fire Mage. I’m able to control pretty much every mob that comes at us between snares and roots while she nukes it to the ground. At least every 30 seconds I get to help with the killing. : )

I’d really like to see Savagery become a baseline ability. Freeing up a Major Glyph would open up some fun options like Fae Silence.
SR should be a significant haste buff instead of a flat damage buff. This would still make it mandatory in terms of sustained damage and long-term cp generation, in pve and pvp, but wouldn't be as punishing for bleed applications. It would also be far more interesting overall since it would probably have knock-off effects on our "rotation" (ie. potentially being able to use FB more often), and possibly provide more survivability in PvP.It would also introduce a larger element of randomness into our damage via OOC procs, which should make Blizzard happy, since they love randomness.

Then I wonder if people would simply neglect it as their damage is now on par again. Hitting like a wet noodle is a powerful incentive to keep a buff active. Perhaps as gear comes around and haste values increase we come into a time where energy regeneration feels much better baseline and having Savage Roar up becomes more of a luxury.

Of course, given the example you have set I would keep it up fulltime regardless, much like every other Feral with half a brain would do.
09/27/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Hanharr
Then I wonder if people would simply neglect it as their damage is now on par again

Hmm. Think I'm going to start a new thread for this. I don't want to derail this one.
I got tired of the lack of energy and just auto attacking mobs down, now with that said tho I enjoy feral as a whole, and I like playing it waiting on energy and such. The burst is just fun.

However, I just speced Boomkin and right out the gate I land a 95k crit star surge.

Well, I think ill finish out to 90 as boomkin.
Ive found SoF helps with energy for leveling. Also on boss fight when I do DPS I have seen a increase on number as to I have constant up keep, and rarely run out of energy.

I just spec'ed boomkin yesterday but I find the number lacking. Never really focused on it before so my !@#$ty number are probably due to inexperience of the spec. Still undecided on what i'm going to play in RBG'S and Arena.

I do think SR should be reworked...maybe give it a shout effect 3-5min, it seems all the crying to blizz about ferals got to them. They truly wanted us to be watered down rogues and warriors. Then give maybe a CP ability like Slice and dice where haste is increased.

*Also for SR i know its been mentioned before weakauras is awesome for keeping SR active.
09/28/2012 04:33 AMPosted by Chôsin
Ive found SoF helps with energy for leveling. Also on boss fight when I do DPS I have seen a increase on number as to I have constant up keep, and rarely run out of energy.

I’m the trouble starter, !@#$in’ instigator when I’m leveling. I’ve been playing for approximately 11 hours and I’m barely at 94% through L85. Why? Why am I so slow to level? It’s because Jade Forrest is such a target rich environment that I can’t focus on questing to save my life. I spend my entire time griefing Allie questers and corpse camping them until they either log over and beg for mercy (which only serves to increase my malice) or they simply logout for the evening.

That was a very long introduction only to state that I’d rather sit idle while pooling energy than give up Incarnation while I’m leveling. : ) It is so satisfying lining up my CDs to Ravage spam someone to death. I’ve been having GREAT success leveling alongside my girlfriend’s Fire Mage as she is filling in all of the gaps for quest mob killing and I’m allowed to maintain my PvP spec for controlling the random garbage that comes our way.

Still undecided on what i'm going to play in RBG'S and Arena.

I think I’ll end up doing what I did last season. Which spec is viable for RBGs? Oh, Boomkin? Sure, I’ll do that. I really, really hope Feral has a place in RBGs this season, but we’ll find out soon enough. I’m thinking a melee cleave with a Rogue’s bomb could score some clutch kills in RBGs.

I’d hate to see another season of caster domination, but with how strong Mages and SPriests are shaping up to be I can see it going that way very easily. Although, Hunters are very strong at this point as well…

I can picture the following comp being viable:
Group 1
Disc Priest, Holy Pally, Resto Druid, Blood DK, Rogue
Group 2
Feral, Arms Warrior, Ret Pally, BM Hunter, Rogue

I like the idea of double Rogue when you’re working with a melee cleave. Smoke is the winning move for most of the kills that will be scored aside from a huge zerg on someone out of position. Also, my knowledge of Monk abilities is horribly retarded and as such I cannot really conceive of a place for them at this time.

Also, I like having a Resto Druid for tank heals as they can provide an additional defensive buff via Symbiosis. In addition they’ll be able to provide a ton of CC as well as Stampede for many offensive and defensive options.

*Also for SR i know its been mentioned before weakauras is awesome for keeping SR active.

So far I’ve been using BadKitty to track my Savage Roar and I’m very happy with it. It has 2 major ways of tracking your abilities – bars and icons. Both options are highly configurable making them very easy to work into your existing UI.

My UI is configured with Player, Target and Focus frames center screen just above my bars. I have BadKitty setup so that it attaches just above the Target frame. It displays icons that relate to all of my bleeds as well as my SR. The mod leverages Omni CC for countdown support and will alert me with a countdown as my abilities are fading. Once I have lost a bleed or SR, the icon representing that ability appears above the Target frame in red. It’s a simple as keeping the space above the frame clear of red icons and I know I’m set on my buffs and debuffs.
09/27/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Tokiwa

If I were to be flying solo I'm pretty sure I would have swapped into my extensive Boomkin gear by now. I like the meshing of Predatory Swiftness procs with my girl’s Fire Mage for clutch heals and control while facing multiple Allie targets out in the world.

I’m quite sure we would do just as well as Boomkin / Fire Mage (If not better, really.) but I do love Feral.
Watch Hengest's videos. He's a great feral druid and will help you get better.
09/28/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Äëïöü
Watch Hengest's videos. He's a great feral druid and will help you get better.

I'm not sure, but I don't think I've seen anything from him post patch 5.x.
09/28/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Hanharr

If I were to be flying solo I'm pretty sure I would have swapped into my extensive Boomkin gear by now. I like the meshing of Predatory Swiftness procs with my girl’s Fire Mage for clutch heals and control while facing multiple Allie targets out in the world.

I’m quite sure we would do just as well as Boomkin / Fire Mage (If not better, really.) but I do love Feral.

My buddy is rolling a ele shaman to level, our dps when i switched over to boomkin is absolutely insane, players just drop. The added bonus with glyph of the moon beast is even better, I am using my cd's strictly offensively. Its great! :P

But you are right, kitty dps is so much fun.
Bump from the dead so we can get more pvp'ers opinions on the new season, and current state of Bg's.

Also prevents 300+ more threads on how we get facerolled in BG's
halo is kinda op. 30 yard range radial? No way to stay stealthed through that
halo is kinda op. 30 yard range radial? No way to stay stealthed through that

It honestly shouldn't break stealth - same reason Starfall doesn't anymore. It's slightly unfair.