Ask a Feral PvP'er!

Druid
Prev 1 7 8 9 15 Next
10/03/2012 06:11 AMPosted by Nagoto
It honestly shouldn't break stealth - same reason Starfall doesn't anymore. It's slightly unfair.

It really is a bummer to see that ring of death in a BG. : /
I buckled down on Tuesday and managed to grind out my PvP 4 set. If you are unaware the bonus allows for a no cost, no positional requirement Ravage every 30 seconds.

A new (old) solid opener has surfaced!

Prowl > Savage Roar > Pounce > Ravage > Rake > NS-HT (DoC Buff) > Tiger’s Fury > Shred > Rip > PS-HT > Shred > Shred > and so on…

You’ll have to keep an eye on your combo points as a string of critical strikes can put you at 5 rather quickly.

Having a potentially huge critical Ravage at your fingertips every 30 seconds to weave into your action can make a tremendous difference when you’re going in for the kill.

Anyone else enjoying their 4-set bonus?
Is tauren more favorable than troll for a horde druid? Or do you just like being large? :3
Hi Hanharr!! Welcome to 90, even tho I believe you beat me to it!. Moving with no interwebs for 5+ days = win. /flex

PS. I went resto. Joining the popular crowd.
Basic question. What are we looking for on stats.

Are we trying to stack mastery again?

Agility > Mastery > ???

Yes, mastery is still by and large our best secondary stat for PvP.

Is tauren more favorable than troll for a horde druid? Or do you just like being large? :3

Whats wrong with being a troll ' mon?

PS. I went resto. Joining the popular crowd.

Resto is going to be EXTREMELY strong this season - a long with Mistweaver (Which i'm leveling as an alt =^_^=
Are we trying to stack mastery again?Agility > Mastery > ???

Mastery is shaping up to be a Feral’s best friend once again. The reason being is we are super starved for energy, so being able to spam damage via Shreds won’t get the output we’ll need. Of course burning CDs and Ravage spamming is pretty solid direct damage every 3 minutes.

Mastery buffing our bleed effects becomes the clear winner as we are working our entire rotation around scoring that buffed Rake and Rip on our target. I feel like when I land an SR+DoC+TF+Rake+5CP Rip when my target is fully debuffed it’s like a torpedo making its way to a battleship. Too late now, fish is in the water!

Yeah, naval reference!

I’m currently going with the following priority; Agility > Mastery > Hit (to cap) > Critical Strike > Haste. I’m still not certain at what levels I want my PvP Power and PvP Resilience to be at. I’ll experiment more with them as I complete this season’s gearing.

10/03/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Raifu

I am large and in charge, baby!

I think I just liked the classic feel of a Tauren Druid. Besides, how else could I have the name Hanharr unless I was a wannabe Wookie?

Mostly, I really like having Warstomp as a tool to pull off clutch CC and as an additional interrupt if needed. I feel I have enough burst when I need it with Incarnation and Berserk plus trinket.

Hi Hanharr!! Welcome to 90, even tho I believe you beat me to it!. Moving with no interwebs for 5+ days = win. /flexPS. I went resto. Joining the popular crowd.

/e waves at Tokiwa.

My lady and I moved into our new pad back in March and didn’t have internet for 36 hours. Far too long for a couple of power nerds…

I really do want to make a go of Resto this season in PvP. We’ll see if I get the ambition to learn a completely foreign spec. I’m thinking about settling on Feral/Guardian for PvE at this time. I’m thinking Feral/Resto would be solid for my PvP exploits.
@Hanharr: As someone who was on a serious hiatus prior to MoP launch, I honestly appreciate your insight into the new druid mechanics. I wasn't (and never will be) a feral glad, but I like to think I could hold my own in PvP prior to 5.0. Nowadays, though, I'm getting smoked fairly regularly without the utility of go-bear-and-wait-out-your-bleeds.

I know feral is a bit like a dance: you get in and get your CPs+bleeds ups, and you get out and play defensive. However, with 3-400k health pools, and the fact that almost every class has a means to heal themselves to some degree, that's just not getting it done. My defenses, while still (arguably) decent, seem to be ripped through by... well, anyone.

I just realized I'm not even sure what my question is, specifically. Maybe it's something like "I used to not be bad; can you teach me to not be bad again?" But that's not my exact sentiment. I dunno. Any advice, maybe? Any soothing you can offer, as hunters, warriors, pallies, mages, and DKs just obliterate (no pun intended there) my pretty pink hide?

Thanks for the advice thus far, and hopefully a little more ;)

PS- I should mention that I've loved my druid since vanilla, and I loathe the idea of re-rolling something with "more survivability" when that used to be where we shined. I still defend feral PvP, but perhaps I'm among the last of a dying breed.
10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Chabooty
Thanks for the advice thus far, and hopefully a little more ;)

Survivability has changed quite a bit since you were last in the mix. Gone are the days of Bearcatting and long live the days of monster self-healing! All hail Nature’s Swiftness and the Prince of DoC!

When Feral and Guardian were separated by a crazed Blizzard employee wielding The Subtle Knife we lost our ability to jump into the middle of a massive melee brawl and simply tank them all. Meh. Our ability to survive even 1v1 or 1v2 situations with innate or passive talents has diminished as well. We must exact a much more active role in our pursuit of honor and glory on the battlefield. I’m feeling very dramatic looking at 1 hour left in my work day…

Basically the situations that you elect to engage in need to be considered carefully. You can choose to employ many strategies all boiling down to the three following categories; Offensive, Defensive and Control. All three can keep you safe in one way or another.

Offensive: Generate Combo Points that can be used for heals. Utilize stuns to keep pressure rolling. Cycle your Offensive CDs.
Defensive: Cycle your Defensive CDs. Leverage your massive movement advantage. Practice line of sight techniques.
Control: Disable your opponent to lighten your incoming pressure. Manage diminishing returns to maximize your Control cycle.

If you stay very Offensive you can accomplish two things – forcing your adversary’s defensive CDs and generate more PS Procs which may lead to many options including your self-healing. I typically elect to lead with an Offensive tactic when I have the proper CDs available.

While playing Defensive, look at it as biding your time until your target has burned key CDs allowing a window for you to take to the Offensive.

As far as Control is concerned, this is most beneficial when you are out of both Offensive and Defensive abilities. Buy yourself some time by mixing and match Defensive and Control options to allow for your Offensive skills to come off of cooldown.

It’s a new world out there. Get up and get some!
10/04/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Nagoto
Resto is going to be EXTREMELY strong this season - a long with Mistweaver (Which i'm leveling as an alt =^_^=

With very little time to play with my new job/settling in I am still topping bg's left and right, the amount of healing I can put out is stupid.

/e waves at Tokiwa.

My lady and I moved into our new pad back in March and didn’t have internet for 36 hours. Far too long for a couple of power nerds…

I really do want to make a go of Resto this season in PvP. We’ll see if I get the ambition to learn a completely foreign spec. I’m thinking about settling on Feral/Guardian for PvE at this time. I’m thinking Feral/Resto would be solid for my PvP exploits.

not having internet for even 24 hours is miserable. It should be a crime punishable by law, end of discussion.

Feral/gaurdian from what I read is shaping up to be pretty solid in pve, even resto is going to be great in pve/pvp. Idk why but boomkin feels kind of lack luster to me, I like the spec atm as boomkin/resto in pvp, and pve ... However i tend to just say "screw it" and go back resto... Idk ! Maybe nagoto will disagree with me! :|

Trolls have the COOLEST!!! Druid forms, with worgens being a close second there feral crow is pretty cool
It’s a new world out there. Get up and get some!

That all sounds about right. I feel a little better about where we are after a nice little win streak last night. I'm not exactly topping the charts in damage done, but I an say the same for deaths, and that's always pleasant :)
Hello fellow Orange dots.

I’m finding this particular entry hard to focus on as the Blue Angles are buzzing the skyscraper where my office is located. Every time I feel them rumble across my window every ounce of my concentration is instantly diverted towards the sky. If you think Shark Week is awesome, you need to be in San Francisco for Fleet Week! : )

http://www.fleetweek.us/
Time to kick the tires and light the fires!

I was posting some more of my gibberish in another thread and it got me thinking about our burst. More specifically, our Combo Point usage during said burst.

I’ll start by reviewing my setup for burst. I like to head into burst with a 4+ CP Savage Roar active. The last thing I want to be thinking about when I’m Ravage mashing is if my SR is about to fall off. It’s not a game breaker and I will roll on the throttle even if my SR is winding down I just prefer to have one less buff to track while I’m having to deal with a very full energy bar, rapidly acquired CPs and not nearly enough GCDs to go around.

In addition to SR being active I prefer to have Mighty Bash, PvP Trinket, enemy PvP Trinket spent, no DR on Stun and of course all of my damage CDs available. lol I get this is asking a lot to have every star in the solar system align for you but, as I said, it’s just what I prefer. As long as you have your PvP Trinket available and Mighty Bash on tap, you’re in a good place.

I lead into my burst with a full Energy Bar, Incarnation, and then dump my Energy with Ravage x 2. At this time I pop my burst macro (TF+Trinket+Berserk) and lay on the pain.

Much like most of our decision making when dealing with which ability to use I have a priority lineup that I try to stick with.

GCD Priority While Going Crazy:
Savage Roar > Ravage > Rake > Rip > Ferocious Nibble

If I have control of the situation I’ll weave in DoC buffed Rakes/Rips with NS while I have at least Trinket popped if not TF as well. Most of the time I’ll only Nibble if I’m at 5CP with ample time remaining on both Savage Roar and Rip. Otherwise it’s a waste of a GCD.

Keeping an eye on your energy while under the effects of Berserk is very important. Every point of energy is potential damage and healing so respect the yellow bar!
Anyone else having trouble with warriors? These seem to be my achilles heel now. Ive never had trouble before. The can seem to come back from a quarter life globally stun me into the ground. In cat form I just get pummeled, bear delays the death.

Im asking for advice, ideas... yes i rot and kite and heal, ect... Ill soothe when i can.
bump for help
I should point out that "Bleed kiting" is more important than ever. Against anyone in Cata who knew hoe ferals worked, "bearcatting" didnt work very well either. So now that we can't, bleed kiting is your go to tactic against most anything.

Zybaks playstyle in cata revolved around bleed kiting a lot. In fact I cant remember very many vids where he actually went bearandboard.

If you are having problems with warriors it might not be just you. They are a lil OP atm. It doesnt matter how much I bleed kite something if it hits me for 100K + when it touches me in 1 global its hard to put bleeds up without splatting. Not to mention if a warrior sneezes you get stunned. Its doable but man those guys hit like trucks.
10/07/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Earthreaver
I should point out that "Bleed kiting" is more important than ever.

Very difficult against warriors because of Second Wind (Whenever you are below 35% health, you regenerate 3% health per second). Doesn't seem like much, but it is.
I'll admit I am new to this class. I am currently looking up r1 Gladiator ferals and or ones that have been over 2400. Arenajunkies has been misleading so far this xpack from what I have seen.
What are our desired stats now. Still mastery,crit and hit for pvp. Pvp power won't really start coming into play until T2 gear or next season I believe.

Desired mastery %
Crit %
Hit will always be 5%

How effective is expertise going to be? Considering we are a attack from behind class. I assume not too important?
I cap hit & exp at 3% to avoid yellow damage missing or dodged. You're not always going to be behind your target, and parry is still a pain against Blood DKs and the like, but 3% is a nice place to be, from what I understand (fully admitting that could be too low).

Your stat priority should be:

Agi>Mastery>Hit/Exp (to pvp cap)> Crit >... unreforgable haste
I thought cap was 6% ? Idk. Also I could be very wrong, but I think its more like Mastery> Agi> crit after hit/exp caps