Help needed. :)

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
I want to level a Male Human Shadow Priest. I need a fitting name.

Now, I know there is no such thing as a priest name, but all the RP Human names I find are either too elvish or ones I don't like. Or even worse, taken already.

I was hoping maybe someone could help solve my plight? Please and thank you. :P
Shameless bump. XD
Can you explain what you mean by a fitting name?
He probably means a name that's appropriate for a human male and that also might imply what the character is about (in this case, a shadow priest having something that implies harnessing darkness or something )

Unfortunately, unless people are super bored and or creative enough to pop out an original, unique name for you...you're going to have to come up with a name on your own.

My advice to you is to do some research - make a random human character for now (or just fly around on your Hordie) and go around Elwynn/Stormwind/Westfall and maybe especially Duskwood and look at the human Male NPCs - what sort of names do they have? Look at their surnames - are they just nice sounding or do they have to do with their class/profession?

You don't have to take an NPC's name obviously but if you find something you like, take a notebook and fiddle around with variations of it...sometimes doing this for a few minutes helps me find a name that is completely different from what I wrote down but sounds AMAZING. That is also another option.

Also consider how you want the name to sound - rough? Rolls off the tongue? Sinister? Normal? Thinking about what you want this character to be about might help in the name process.

Overall, my advice is to never really look to other people for help on names - it's usually the hardest part of the character creating process but I think it's the best, too. It's easy to take a name off a list but coming up with one of your own really attaches you to that character...well, at least for me.
Harold
Gundar
Rafiki
Raif
Seron
Ashley
Jerome
Muhammad
Jesus xP
Cody
Kyle
Kaleb
Jonnyappleseed

Kinda like how Yelann put it, name-making's really up to you, but there's some to get you going.
09/17/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Laviette
Jesus xP

09/17/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Laviette
Jonnyappleseed

http://www.soshichan.org/g/src/132813749143.gif
Harold
Gundar
Rafiki
Raif
Seron
Ashley
Jerome
Muhammad
Jesus xP
Cody
Kyle
Kaleb
Jonnyappleseed

Kinda like how Yelann put it, name-making's really up to you, but there's some to get you going.

saw five gfood names in that pile.

1. Muhammad (ummm wow xD)

2. Jesus (SWEET BABY JESUS IM ON FIRE!)

3. Kyle (is he jewish xD)

4. Johnnyappleseed (what a vegetive prick xD)

5. rafiki (did you happen perchance to et that off of aladdin xD)
Rafiki is the baboon from Lion King, dammit!
OH RIGHT!

/cowers in fear

sowwy I was thinking of the parrot! xD
NO! THE LION KING! GAWSH!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR7pBKJJ98Q

Also, Jesus and Jonnyappleseed were more of me being silly xP.
09/17/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Ihealedyou
1. Muhammad (ummm wow xD)

Muhammad's the most common name in the world. ^.^
09/17/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Ihealedyou
the parrot! xD

Iago.
09/17/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Istella
the parrot! xD

Iago.

Oh right im sorry guys havent seen the lion king or aladdin in awhile don't hit me with cinema bats xD
I once saw a KotOR 2 playthrough and the character was named Jedi Jesus. He really DID look like Jesus. Dem white robez n' everytin'.

EDIT: BAM! CINEMA BATTED!
I once saw a KotOR 2 playthrough and the character was named Jedi Jesus. He really DID look like Jesus. Dem white robez n' everytin'.

EDIT: BAM! CINEMA BATTED!

Ummm... not to be totlly christian about this but.....

Noone rally knows jesus's features and if we saw that as jesus we would be going agains the 1'st commandment which is you shalt not have other gods before me.

Technically talking about jesus's fatures gives us a false view on the actual jesus which would mean we were worshiping an idol

Sorry for putting my christian pwers against you just wanted to point that out xD

EDIT: owwwwyyyyy!

/rubs hurt head
Best place I have ever found names is the phone book, and if you were to look you would find just about any spelling of a name that would work. Or you could try a baby name generator or something, there are some on the internet, Google it.

I tend to think of humans as kind of Old Bibical names, or you could use Roman names if you want. Like Octavious, Perseus, things like that are not usually used. As a last resort, use the name generator, keep hitting it until you see one that kind of fits what you had in mind. Then you can always remove or add letters to make it more personal.
Oslexandemew
Donalds
Ozren
Barov
Bolvangar
HAHA! And about the Christian thing, I'm simply referring to the general look of Jesus in the idols and that whole dead-on-cross picture. He has a beard and white robes and longish hair in those, so that's what I went with.
LEONIDAS!!!!!!!

CAESER!!!!!!!

PERSEUS!!!!!!!

damn I wish I had a name like that be cool xD
09/17/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Srdotsalot
HAHA! And about the Christian thing, I'm simply referring to the general look of Jesus in the idols and that whole dead-on-cross picture. He has a beard and white robes and longish hair in those, so that's what I went with.

Ok wasn't sure what you were meaning about that but I see what your saying now

I just wanted to point out wasn't trying to be mean or anything
Yeah it's alright didn't think you were trying to be.