To all "Dungeon Guids"

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
If you think you can lead a raid or dungeon, ask yourself this, "Am i patient and willing to help those who have never been here before?" if the answer is a NO, then dont claim to be able to lead a dungeon. Because all you do is hinder someones growth in knowing what they should be doing for each pull. Plus they will never grow their gear enough to actually be a help instead of a hindrance.

So to all of you "elite epiced out" individuals, just cause you have the gear or multiple lvl 85s, that doesnt mean your qualified to lead.
im also referring to little personal quirks that arent mentioned in the journal

EDIT: I also hevent found in the journal where it states what to expect when fighting said bosses or the proper way of taking care of the trash in an area
worst thread
the dungeon guide is AUTO GIVEN if NO ONE checks the box...

so not ALL players who are labeled as a "dungeon guide" actually CHOOSE to be one...

the game CHOOSES for them sometimes...
I love how these people can't find strats online but they somehow can find the forums to complain about it.
not everyone is going to understand the online strats cause they havent been there. apparently common courtesy is a bit much to ask when playing WoW
It's really not hard to understand "Stay out of the fire."
i go pewpew not slashslash, so i tend to stay away from things that cause pain
09/19/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Whistt
not everyone is going to understand the online strats cause they havent been there. apparently common courtesy is a bit much to ask when playing WoW

So is spending 5 minutes to know what you're doing apparently.
The dungeon guide is something I click so my Que is 30s faster

not because I like babysitting entitled catababies.
I always liked taching new players various dungeons.

Looking at you, newbie dwarf who popped a flask of fortification for magtheridon trash and was freaking out.

and of course, shoutout he Central Ironforge Agency and their Putricide idea...tank under green vat, but when the ooze comes down, run away so the line isn't short. They were thinking. They were wrong, but they were thinking. It's rare these days.
I actually don't mind when people mess up common sense, like in ZG, if they run together with toxic link, I'd explain the right way, and not be mad til they did a 2nd time after being told.

09/19/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Whistt
Plus they will never grow their gear enough to actually be a help instead of a hindrance.

If you're doing it right, even being naked would be a help in a dungeon, don't join groups when you would label yourself as a hindrance.

09/19/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Whistt
So to all of you "elite epiced out" individuals, just cause you have the gear or multiple lvl 85s, that doesnt mean your qualified to lead.

Just because you can cheat the ilevel and wear 16 haste gems to get into "Heroics" doesn't mean you're qualified to be carried.

(331 Equipped)
you know .. when we go into do a boss the first time we don't know exactly what to do most of the times. Yes we can watch people who have done it before, or read the journal..

But 90% of the mechanics of a boss fight are used elsewhere OR .. USED on the trash leading to the boss.. so that gives you a preview of what the boss is actually going to do. derp derp derp...

That being said. After you've killed a boss 5-10 times you get sick of explaining how to kill the thing to people who don't want to listen.
Dungeon Guids
09/19/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Barfus
That being said. After you've killed a boss 5-10 times you get sick of explaining how to kill the thing to people who don't want to listen.

I don't know...I find that's what keeps a boss more fresh. doing it with new people.

several of my alts had to help the tank with heroic ozruk.

what happened is over the next 2 hours multiple tanks came in, tried, I helped them, got embarasse and bowed out after apologising.

I'm not in a hurry to get ozruk's 178h kill...it's fine by me. I thin those guys could've gotten it if they tried further but that's their problem. my patience was unyielding :D

I queued for ZG specifically once after many forum horror stories, but instead of a tough dungeon with a learning experience i got in a faceroll-oneshot group that did snake, bloodlord, jindo in 15 minutes.
09/19/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Robokapp
I'm not in a hurry to get ozruk's 178h kill...it's fine by me. I thin those guys could've gotten it if they tried further but that's their problem. my patience was unyielding :D

Players who would even give it a real try are dying out, not to mention Ozurks mechanics were somewhat challenging, compared to a tank failing at Benedictus, because they tank the enemy while standing inside a GIANT BLACK CIRCLE for 30 seconds (these are the people that I will actually belittle)
09/19/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Baelraug
Dungeon Guids

I was going to say something about this but I try to be nice.