MoP 5.4 Elemental Guide: Zap that Orc!

Shaman
Prev 1 17 18 19 29 Next
Any good addons or programs you could suggest for reforging? If you've already mentioned this somewhere and I missed it then sorry.
Any good addons or programs you could suggest for reforging? If you've already mentioned this somewhere and I missed it then sorry.

Reforgelite.
03/20/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Gistwiki
Don't break T14 4pc until you get T15 2pc. The T14 4pc isn't great, but is still a significant DPS increase. More than 20 ilevels or so.

Eh. 18 ilevels is 140 int on a ring or neck, and ~250 int on a chest/legs/helm. At ~4 dps per point of int it'll be about equal if he replaces helm/chest for new pieces when accounting for secondary stats.

That much said, if it's not both the helm and the chest (1 tier/1 OS or 2 OS) then it won't be worth it without the 2-pc.

Thanks for the advice people. After reading this I realized that I also had a 496 chest from Heart of Fear. Replacing both the gloves and the chest, accounting for gems, gave me a 667 boost to Intellect, so I figured it was probably worth it.
I recently used askmrrobot to do some reforging for me and it was telling me to reforge my mastery into crit? Is this correct or maybe just some kind of mix up on their part with the new patch and all?
I recently used askmrrobot to do some reforging for me and it was telling me to reforge my mastery into crit? Is this correct or maybe just some kind of mix up on their part with the new patch and all?

Depends on the weights in AMR. What stat weights is it using?
Hit > Intellect > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Hope that is what you meant lol
Hit > Intellect > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Hope that is what you meant lol

I was hoping for the specific numbers. Click on the listed stat priority to alter it and it'll show you the weights. Also, what's the specific piece it's doing that for. On occasion it'll be better to reforge the mastery in a mastery/crit piece over the crit depending on the total reforging scheme.
Haste=1.65

Mastery=1.46

crit=1.39

Hope that is what you were looking for sorry I haven't used robot that much. The pieces its telling me to reforge mastery into crit are Firebird's Kilt and Mindbender Shoulders
Yeah. That's weird. I'd probably post that up on their boards so they can fix whatever issue is causing that ~40 dps decrease to show up as an increase of 3 dps. Normally their optimizer's ok, but it screws up from time to time.

Edit: Did it for my character to see if it's a fluke. It's not.
Thank you for the help Gistwiki
Thank you for the help Gistwiki

Wish I could've done a bit more for ya. Till they work that kink out I'd suggest the reforgelite addon.
Oh no worries you answered all the questions I had and ill be sure to download that.
Is it worth casting a lava burst when FS is not up, with or without lava surge active? Sometimes when I'm forced to switch targets after fulminating, FS isn't going to be up for a couple seconds, so should I just dump the lava burst or wait for FS to go of cool down?
Is it worth casting a lava burst when FS is not up, with or without lava surge active? Sometimes when I'm forced to switch targets after fulminating, FS isn't going to be up for a couple seconds, so should I just dump the lava burst or wait for FS to go of cool down?

Depends entirely upon how long the target is up and whether or not the additional damage from a LvB over a LB is needed to kill the target in a timely manner.

If it's something that lasts long enough for you to reapply FS with several seconds left on its life I'd say hold onto the Lava Burst. If it's something that needs to die NOW then I'd say you should probably fire away.
I just simmed my own weights, and it's giving me mastery > haste. Is that because I've reached a certain haste threshhold? This is my alt so i'm not 100% on top of things, but here are the weights I got with simcraft:

Int: 4.20
SP: 3.41
Hit: 3.71
Crit: 1.45
Haste: 1.37
Mast: 1.49
Nah. Right around that amount of haste with a trinket like that Shado-pan assault trinket the weights get screwy. If you use the reforge plot function in simc to show you the dps increase/decrease of reforging haste - mastery and vice versa you should see that reforging any significant amount of haste to mastery is a loss.
Thanks for the info. Is there ever a cap for haste, or is that literally the end all, be all after hit cap?
Thanks for the info. Is there ever a cap for haste, or is that literally the end all, be all after hit cap?

Haste will drop in value with the Legendary meta, and suffer a relative hit whenever you run a trinket like the Essence of Terror or Volatile Talisman of the Shado'pan assault (or use EM.) So far as a specific point where it drops on its own, that'd likely be 50% haste where Lava Burst & the GCD (which is how your instant spells scale with haste) no longer gain anything from additional haste.

By the end of this tier Mastery will have taken over for single target because of the meta. Whether or not haste will recover depends a lot on what happens with the meta in 5.4.