MoP 5.4 Elemental Guide: Zap that Orc!

Shaman
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 29 Next
Yes. The 1% hit is going to provide the stat equivalent of 340 secondary stats, whereas the Panda racial will provide quite a bit of Int.
Figured I'd ask this here.

Considering stat weights, is the Pandaren food racial going to be a better choice [for Elemental] than the Draenai 1% hit racial for this expansion?

If you don't need the hit than yes pandaren is better...getting that extra hit should be easy to find somewhere depending if you have pre raid BiS gear from dungeons
09/27/2012 05:56 AMPosted by Kynks
If you don't need the hit than yes pandaren is better...

Probably should've noted that. If you can't get the hit without sacrificing Intellect then the draenei racial will be better. If it is possible to get that hit without sacrificing Intellect then the Panda racial is better.
Judging by the amount of spirit available on all the heroic gear in that BiS list, I assume hit isn't going to be much of an issue.
but i love my draenei
09/27/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Saesra
Judging by the amount of spirit available on all the heroic gear in that BiS list, I assume hit isn't going to be much of an issue.

Not in the slightest. Since everyone can use the Ghost Iron Dragonling it's a pretty good pickup early for 1200 free hit (1 hit cog/1 spirit cog.)

09/27/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Killahkev
but i love my draenei

Negligible dps difference. Not worth the money to switch tbh.
twitch.tv/kynks

streaming heroic dungeons!

watch thanks, sorry hijack a bit :D
Geez Gist, I leave Velen for not 2 months and you're all over the place being an amazing shaman.

I'll bump this for ya, thanks for the guide write up man.
<3 np np
Is it known if orc pet racial affects FE with PE? Is this is even testable? Extremely minor but just curious.

EDIT - Also, proof Blizz reads Shaman (Class?) forums, this has been up a week? now.
awesome guide. would be nice if you added section on reputation guide too
09/27/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Kanatah
Also, proof Blizz reads Shaman (Class?) forums, this has been up a week? now.

Heh. This is nothing. My first guide (old forums, a R-Sham gearing guide) was up for nearly 6 months before getting stickied.
How good would you consider the Direbrew trinket in terms of trinket options? Obviously its an easy option to get a higher ilvl, but what about in terms of dps upgrade to other trinkets available?
Bumped and sticky requested!
Sticky requested.

Bump for great justice!
09/28/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Unthir
How good would you consider the Direbrew trinket in terms of trinket options? Obviously its an easy option to get a higher ilvl, but what about in terms of dps upgrade to other trinkets available?

Proc isn't showing up properly on the armory. I imagine it'd be a good stopgap trinket but I can't tell for sure till I see one.

Edit: Proc's bugged atm. Once it's fixed it should be fine. Better than either of the 463s.
Up. This'll be getting all of the updates that have been worked out since release in a day or two assuming I don't get mauled by work :<
You work at Disneyworld so that'd be hilarious to see you get mauled by cartoons.

Here's to hoping.
Is there a trinket ranking list anywhere?

Have a Zen Alchemist Stone, Ghost Iron Dragonling (with haste/hit/spirit), and Mithril Wristwatch. I assume the wristwatch is better; would it be best to replace the alchemist stone or ghost iron dragonling? I'm assuming the alchemist stone because that much hit is pretty godly right now.
Is it known if orc pet racial affects FE with PE? Is this is even testable? Extremely minor but just curious.

EDIT - Also, proof Blizz reads Shaman (Class?) forums, this has been up a week? now.

Yes, it does, but not enough to change the overall talent ranking. It just reduces the already small difference
09/28/2012 02:56 AMPosted by Chidori
awesome guide. would be nice if you added section on reputation guide too

Given the way the rep grinds actually work, you'll be doing Kalaxxi -> Golden Lotus -> Shado-Pan/August Celestials anyway, so there's not much to write a guide about that's specific to us.
Is there a trinket ranking list anywhere?

Have a Zen Alchemist Stone, Ghost Iron Dragonling (with haste/hit/spirit), and Mithril Wristwatch. I assume the wristwatch is better; would it be best to replace the alchemist stone or ghost iron dragonling? I'm assuming the alchemist stone because that much hit is pretty godly right now.

Evaluating trinkets is on the To Do list, but most of it you should be able to work out yourself.