Odd Forum Issue: WoW vs D3

Customer Support
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
09/21/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Thanks. Nice to know I am not losing it and imagining it

Nope, it happened to me as well. It looks like it was just a temporary hiccup though. If it continues to happen though we'll go poke someone. :D

What? No!

You mean that you are not immune to the Nether Lagstorms, Diseased Manabugs and even the Glitch King himself that sometimes threaten our links to Azeroth?

My belief system is shattering. They aren't gods. They are merely men (women, sleeping pandas, dancing skulls, sword-wielding crabs, et al) in pretty blue robes.

Oh where is my Darkmoon Special Reserve, I need a drink.
09/24/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Alvraen
Question: do any of you guys have SC2 accounts?

Negative. Haven't been into that genre for a long time.

I do not have an SC2 account though I was flagged for the HotS beta.

I do have D3, but not the PTR.

I've had this trouble since the weekend, but figured it was just me. I've tried it in both Chrome (with extensions) and IE with defaults (I never use it, so it didn't even have anything cached).

Oh, and just to add - I tried one thing that was recommended to me - changing the password on my Battle.Net account. No go. (I can log into Diablo III just fine and play my characters, too.)
Yay for a bug that hasn't hit me... yet? :p
09/24/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Alvraen
Yay for a bug that hasn't hit me... yet? :p

Are you opted in to the D3 PTR? And if so how long ago did you sign up for it?
- I do not have an SC II account. When I go there it properly displays my first name and tells me I need characters to post.
- This bug affects both people participating in the PTR and those who are not
- It affects those who were in the beta and those who were not
- It persists across multiple browser versions and physical PCs
- It seems to be account specific because people can borrow a spouses account to post and have been in the thread about it on the D3 Website Bug report forum. I would have posted there...but I don't have a second account.
It doesn't matter what profile you use. It's the account that's unable to login. My default profile over there is Tiapriestess, same as here.

Ok there is another theory shot down. I had switched to my diablo profile on the DIII site. I still have the same issue today even with the DIII PTR back online. I also still get immediately dced after log in on the DIII PTR. I can log in and play fine on DIII live.

My complete list of account flags: I was in the DIII beta though that account was removed normally when DIII went live. My account is flagged for the DIII PTR though I am unable to log into it.

I have the Mists beta and a normal WOW PTR account. I have 4 WOW accounts. 2 active and upgraded to Mists and 2 inactive that are Cata level.

I do not have SC though I do have the SC heart of the swarm PTR now. I have not downloaded and logged into that.

I can log into account management fine on the DIII site and post fine over here. I am just unable to post on the DIII site due to the bug since Friday.

I do have the physical authenticator.
I also have the HotS PTR listing even though I have no active SC2 license.

Also, my theory that the PTR authentication server being down was tied to this has been shot to hell since it's back up and I'm still locked out of the forums too.

Now here's a thought: I have the annual pass, which means I have the digital standard edition D3 license. I'm wondering if one of those two are a factor in who gets locked out.

I have the annual pass on my 2 primary accounts but I upgraded my DIII to the Collectors edition.
I do have an AP but we have not hit even the first possible expiration dates of those so I can't imagine why that would have changed anything.
Well I finally managed to log into the DIII PTR and got my live characters copied over. Tried relogging on the DIII forums but still no luck there.
I'm getting the following info from netstat -n when trying to log into the PTR:

Active Internet connections
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address (state)
tcp4 0 0 192.168.1.3.50039 12.129.236.246.1119 ESTABLISHED
tcp4 0 0 192.168.1.3.50037 12.129.242.30.80 TIME_WAIT
tcp4 0 0 192.168.1.3.50038 12.129.242.21.80 TIME_WAIT

The last two are using http (port 80), which is the authentication servers presumably. It's timing out.

Now if I could just figure out exactly what the trigger is for the forum login problem. :(

I do. But I was in the South East Asia region.
Let me try posting this in the typical nerd-rage fashion.

"OMG! Blizzard doesn't care about Diablo 3 because it doesn't have US$15 subs like WoW. They only care about the money! They only care about milking more money from their biggest cash cow, WoW. Stuff their other customers right?! I'm never buying another Blizzard game again! This company sucks!"

Jokes aside, I do hope this is resolved because I miss posting on the Diablo 3 forums. I also maintain a class guide there.
I too wish I could get in to post. Unfortunately I don't think anybody's even so much as doing a side glance at the D3 site this week with the MoP launch. I suspect it's having a major impact on customer service/tech support what with half the players unable to login and ask for help or offer help, and nobody from the web team is looking into it yet apparently. One game's launch basically destroyed the other game's support mechanism, and that shouldn't be happening in a company with Blizzard's resources. It really does give more credence to the "D3 is a sinking ship" line of thinking since customers are having a royal pain of a time getting any help over there right now.

Nothing I have done on my end seems to work in bypassing the login error, and believe me I've been trying like crazy since Friday.

OK, I think it needs to be said, since it has now been five days since this problem started, that there needs to be something done. Nobody is getting any help on the D3 side, and we the players can't help out ourselves because we still can't log in.

We've got some serious ball droppage going on here. I know people are spread thin, but to have zero support is inexcusable, especially since there are apparently CMs around to lock/delete threads over there.

This is now becoming just as frustrating to those of us that want to help and communicate as it is to those that are looking for that help.

Can we please get an update as to what is going on? Five days with no unsolicited information really isn't sitting well with a lot of us. I know MoP is big and it just launched, but it shouldn't be knocking out one hundred percent of all other support.

I'm trying very hard not to go into a rage over this, but the lack of concern being shown is starting to grate on me, and I'm sure plenty of others.

(RAWR!)

Yep just tried again and still getting the error on the DIII forums. It is hard to give any feedback about the PTR when you can't post :(. Though with MIST live now my DIII PTR time will drop very low.
Going to my account page on battle net also gives me that error.

Edit: Scratch that, account page is fine.
Sigh....I've gotten no response from the e-mail tech support gave me. So, I guess we all have to wait and see, or spam the hell out of the only forums we can log into. Perhaps then they will get the message.
Yeah, this is driving me nuts. I am part of a farming group in D3 and I can't post to sign up for runs. So I've been stuck solo since Friday.