Case fans-to Motherboard or PSU?

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Whatever the computer you will be burning the CD on must have the ability to record a blank CD. You will be using a program like ImgBurn to write the file you just downloaded (after you rename it) to the blank CD.
09/23/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Kalganized
Whatever the computer you will be burning the CD on must have the ability to record a blank CD. You will be using a program like ImgBurn to write the file you just downloaded (after you rename it) to the blank CD.

Okay, I downloaded ImgBurn. Do I need to copy or create an image?
Write to disc from ISO, specifically, "Write image file to disc"
09/24/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Kalganized
Write to disc from ISO, specifically, "Write image file to disc"

These are the options, not sure which one will include writing to the disc:
-Copy DVD-Video (>4.7GB or <4.7GB)
-Create an image of DVD Video on the hard drive to burn it later
-Work in advanced mode to select the function yourself

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions, but I'm still very confused. And I appreciate all the help given so far.
After clicking Write image file to disc at the start of this program, you should be seeing a new menu that tells you to "Please select a file". Then you click the folder icon next to it, browse to where you saved renamed .iso file, select it, then click the burn icon (one with a picture of file -> burning CD).
Okay, so I clicked download on the ImgBurn site, and it gave me this program called Grab and Burn, which does not have the option to write image file to disc.
Okay, I downloaded wrong thing, now I can write the image.
09/23/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zizadin
So I'm almost done building my new computer. So I have a case fan in the back, and a case fan in the front. Both have a 3 pin cable which is connected to another 3 pin thing (I don't know what it's called)which is connected to a 4 pin connector, and something that looks like it would plug into the 4 pin connector. So I don't know where to put these. If I take out the 3 pin connector and put it in the motherboard, I don't have room for the other fan. Need some help here! So desperate to be done with this...

The small three pin connector "can" plug into the mother board if the mobo has that connector. The 4 pin molex is just an adapter. One end of the molex plugs into the power supply, the other end is female so you can plug other stuff into it.

Most mobos have a 3 pin plug for the CPU fan, and usually at least one for a chassis fan. I prefer to plug the chassis fan into mobo if I can, as the fan can have it's speed adjusted by software or the bios.
I burned it, but it won't let me boot the CD. How can I do that?
If CD was successfully burned, insert it to the DVD drive on your new PC. You should see "press any key to boot from the CD...".

If you do not, you need to go into BIOS and change boot order to have DVD drive first thing to boot. Consult your motherboard guide as to how to get into BIOS (as motherboards are different vendor per vendor), and where you can change boot order. Manual has it somewhere.
I saw the press any key when I inserted the OS disc, but I'll try the boot order suggestion. If it doesn't work, I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll just start fresh, although I'd like some files :/.
Is the computer you are posting on a desktop computer?
09/24/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Kalganized
Is the computer you are posting on a desktop computer?

Yes, it is. Why do you ask?
You can use that computer to connect the old drive (that you want to backup files from) and copy it to a USB stick or something.
Awesome, changed boot order and it started up. Now I'm at the desktop with Parted Magic in the background. I went to file manager but there is loads of stuff and I don't know what it does.
09/24/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Kalganized
You can use that computer to connect the old drive (that you want to backup files from) and copy it to a USB stick or something.

Can you connect it to the hard drive without taking the hard drive out of the computer I am currently typing on? Because this is a little HP, and I had to take apart half the computer to get at the HDD.
You need to find your drive there. It's like Windows Explorer, but with less descriptive names.

Can you connect it to the hard drive without taking the hard drive out of the computer I am currently typing on? Because this is a little HP, and I had to take apart half the computer to get at the HDD.

You don't have to attach the drive to anything. Set it flat on the surface anywhere.
You need to find your drive there. It's like Windows Explorer, but with less descriptive names.

You don't have to attach the drive to anything. Set it flat on the surface anywhere.

Sorry, I don't understand. You mean I can take the hard drive out of my new computer, and somehow copy that data on to this computer?
Yes

Connect the old drive into your HP (leave side of the case open). It'll be a 'slave' drive. You do not replace the existing drive in your HP.
Yes

Connect the old drive into your HP (leave side of the case open). It'll be a 'slave' drive. You do not replace the existing drive in your HP.

Okay, I'll try that.