Did blizzard forget about updating Enhance?

Shaman
I'm seeing all other classes got a "proc stacking" mechanic added to their prime skills, so it will be a little easier on rotation. Like if mages get an icelance proc, they have 2 chanaces to use the spell so they don't have to use it right away. Maelstrom weapons would be A LOT easier to control if we had this. Did blizzard forget, or am i not seeing it somewhere?

Also, cooldowns.
Cooldowns and more cooldowns.
Enhance rotation is already filled up, there is literally no breathing room for extra spells.
Looks like the raid needs an extra heal with and you could drop a healing totem? Your dps is going to fall a little bit to cast it out of dps rotation, so might as well just not do it. The competition for dps is already hard for enh shamans, so most will not do this. It would be nice if I could use them in any situation without dropping out of my rotation, but global cooldown is to precious to give up.

So please blizzard fix this:
Maelstrom procs
Cooldowns
Enhance is fine. Also I am not sure what you are referring to as "no breathing room" within the rotation. I find myself needing more tbh, I am always waiting for spells to come off CD.
it's like you don't even know how amazing of a spot we're in now
Hm.. No. No that's not it. You obviously don't know how the hell to read a post.
I read it. It hurt, but I read it.

Also reporting posts just because you disagree with what they say is silly.
09/21/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Resboron
I'm seeing all other classes got a "proc stacking" mechanic added to their prime skills, so it will be a little easier on rotation. Like if mages get an icelance proc, they have 2 chanaces to use the spell so they don't have to use it right away. Maelstrom weapons would be A LOT easier to control if we had this. Did blizzard forget, or am i not seeing it somewhere?

Fingers of Frost and Maelstrom Weapon are hardly comparable proc mechanics. One allows Ice Lance to treat its target as frozen to benefit from Mastery, while the other is a cast time reduction ability. MW is more comparable to Master Marksman if anything.

lso, cooldowns.
Cooldowns and more cooldowns.
Enhance rotation is already filled up, there is literally no breathing room for extra spells.

I have always found free GCDs in my Enh rotation every 10-12 seconds or so depending on how my abilities are lining up and my luck with MW. This is not Wrath. We are not GCD capped anymore.

Looks like the raid needs an extra heal with and you could drop a healing totem? Your dps is going to fall a little bit to cast it out of dps rotation, so might as well just not do it. The competition for dps is already hard for enh shamans, so most will not do this. It would be nice if I could use them in any situation without dropping out of my rotation, but global cooldown is to precious to give up.

HST is not something you necessarily HAVE to drop every time it is up, and there is always the chance you are moving or away from the target when you want to drop it, sacrificing less. We do have some GCDs to spare, so it will be less of an issue than you pretend it to be.
09/21/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Resboron
Hm.. No. No that's not it. You obviously don't know how the hell to read a post.

No, I read it.

You're just wrong. Completely.
09/21/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Swagbot
You obviously have no clue what the hell you're talking about.
If FoF took 5 stacks of a proc to activate, it wouldn't allow for a second proc. It is there because you can get 2 ice lance procs within seconds. The closest we can get is with the T13 4set, and with our priority system it is no where near the same.
09/21/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Jynthe
Enhance is fine. Also I am not sure what you are referring to as "no breathing room" within the rotation. I find myself needing more tbh, I am always waiting for spells to come off CD.

I really hope you're not talking about PvP.
09/21/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Acid
I really hope you're not talking about PvP.

Did you not even read the thread?

Sometimes I wonder if people are just so insecure about their gameplay that they always try to direct every statement towards an issue they're having.

Guess what, it's PvE. Jesus.
Like if mages get an icelance proc, they have 2 chanaces to use the spell so they don't have to use it right away.

Mages have had this particular mechanic this way since the introduction of the Fingers of Frost ability which was back in burning crusade if I remember correctly. This isn't a new ability that was given to them for mists.

The competition for dps is already hard for enh shamans, so most will not do this

Just like Balance/Feral Druids didn't use Tranquility in tough situations and no top end Spriests used D-Hymn/HoH for progression? Hint: They did.

Right :-|

In any case Ancestral Guidance will be a superior choice in almost every case for maximizing healing done as a dps & is off the GCD which means it won't lower your dps. Healing Stream Totem may have been what you meant, and I address the supposed lack of time to drop it below.

It's funny because when maximizing your rotation around 25-7% of your time will be spent waiting on the cooldowns on your abilities.
GISTWIKI, QUIT BEING SO NICE.
for pcve: imo enhance is fine as it is for now,
just a little clunky w/ aoe and mobility fights but overall enhance is in a good place
the stacking proc/cd mechanic could very well be applied to shocks.....(the one conflagrate has comes to mind since ive been levelling a destro lock)

it might ease up some of the es/fls/frs juggling for both specs.

of course, this would make the specs easier, and people might complain about dumbing down mechanics.
Looks like the raid needs an extra heal with and you could drop a healing totem? Your dps is going to fall a little bit to cast it out of dps rotation, so might as well just not do it.

Hey, hey, you know what else makes your dps fall? Being DEAD.
I enjoy the healing capabilities of Enhancement.. a lot, actually. Glyphed for Healing Storm and using the Conductivity talent w/ an occasional HST I was able to do >18k HPS during a few Heroic DS (25) encounters. Sure, it knocks off some DPS but.. now the raid can shed a healer and the entire raid DPS goes up because of it.

If you're not willing to play a hybrid class in a hybrid role you should've rolled a rogue, instead.

Oh wait, rogues can heal themselves... and may often be expected to do so. So... hunter, then? You do have to take a little responsibility for healing your pet sometimes, though.
What would a good rotation be?