Mists of Pandaria disc not working??

Mac Technical Support
Just bought the new expansion pack this morning, put in the disc and all it does is open the launcher window and doesn't update at all. it does say that the game is up to date and i have added the authentication key to my account yet i can not play as the new character race or class.
i have every expansion there is and i have every patch there is.
buy the way i am running on the new macbook pro retina with the superdrive plugged in.

please help
Just bought the new expansion pack this morning, put in the disc and all it does is open the launcher window and doesn't update at all. it does say that the game is up to date and i have added the authentication key to my account yet i can not play as the new character race or class.
buy the way i am running on the new macbook pro retina with the superdrive plugged in.

please help

You're already up to date, but the Pandas and Monks stuff isn't going to be turned on until after 12:00 am PDT
ok then

thanks for the quick reply

cheers
Does this mean the Information form the disks will not be used??
I'm wondering the same thing
I recall that all the other expansions had at least a small download like Cata, So idk if i should be nervous because the PDT and EST active realm time should have no effect on when information should be brought off a disk. I believe.
09/24/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Fisherz
Does this mean the Information form the disks will not be used??

If the Setup program detects a fully updated World of Warcraft install it will just open the Launcher to allow you to play.

09/24/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Fisherz
I recall that all the other expansions had at least a small download like Cata, So idk if i should be nervous because the PDT and EST active realm time should have no effect on when information should be brought off a disk. I believe.

For this expansion there's new tech where you won't have to log out to get the breadcrumb quest for MoP.

Also the European realms opened first. I've thus far heard of no new patches needed other then what we have so far. The only issues I've heard reported is just the usual for expansions (systems being overloaded and what not but no patching issues so far)
If i'm understanding what's being said correctly, at midnight PST all the servers will be updated to allow the new content, but in order to USE said content you have to upgrade your battle net with the authentication key that comes with the disks and aside from having a hard copy of what I believe is 5.0.0, the disks are pretty much just a hard copy unless you got the collectors edition then you get whatever that comes with.
Yean having the same problem, I entered the game key onto my account but when i try to play, i can't play as the Monk or the Panderan. It's about 1:30am here right now so i hope all this is released to the public soon, otherwise buying this game was a waste :/
09/24/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Sùckmymauls
If i'm understanding what's being said correctly, at midnight PST all the servers will be updated to allow the new content, but in order to USE said content you have to upgrade your battle net with the authentication key that comes with the disks and aside from having a hard copy of what I believe is 5.0.0, the disks are pretty much just a hard copy unless you got the collectors edition then you get whatever that comes with.

Doing a fresh install now to confirm what version gets installed and how much you have to download after that.
Didn't catch which version it initially installs but once I started downloading I had 1.39 GB to download , 250 MB minimum.
So basically they could have just sold us cards with an authentication key on them? The discs are useless??
ya i'm getting the same !@#$. WTF fix this %^-*
09/25/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Jafferen
So basically they could have just sold us cards with an authentication key on them? The discs are useless??

Clean install of 19 GB with only 1 GB to download after that.

Not completely useless.

If you had to do a reinstall using the battle.net installer you would have 20 GB to download.
09/27/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Skårfaçe
BUT the biggest issue i have is that it gets stuck at 0.3 it was on all night downloading and this morning its still at 0.3 and the internet is on.... I also dont have and cant afford the data or banwidth or w.e needed to download the game online so one question i have is does the CD still use bandwidth or data usage

I think there is a small amount of bandwidth used to do checksum tests and sorting out which files should be where.

How long was it stuck on 0.3 before you sleeped the computer for the night ? AFAIK when a Mac goes into deep deep sleep it disconnects from the network.

If you're talking about installing from the Disc a fresh install does download about 1.4 GB as it installs a base version of wow then updates from there.

09/27/2012 07:42 AMPosted by Skårfaçe
and also o i need to update my mac to lion b4 i can install?

Recommended but not absolutely required. Mountain Lion would be better IMHO. Cheap upgarde.

09/27/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Skårfaçe
i also have this question. i figured buying the battle chest would speed the process up so im installing the battle chest cd. hopefully meaning the cd will handle wotlk and cata tthen disc 2 for mop am i correct?

Do not use the battle chest CD , Wrath or Cata DVDs they are too old and will cause install issues.

Only use either the downloadable battle.net installer or the MoP DVDs to install.
I just bought the expansion today, I added the game to my account and I put in the cd it sits at the install screen 0.0% for almost 2 hours now? What am I doing wrong???

please help

You're already up to date, but the Pandas and Monks stuff isn't going to be turned on until after 12:00 am PDT

I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE I BEG YOU!