Getting disconnected...like, every 5 minutes.

Technical Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 16 Next
Happening here as well. My internet connection stays solid at 55-75 Mbps and we have 3 computers that disconnect at the same time, all hard Ethernet wired to our Router. We've tested this with also running a Netflix stream on one of our computers instead of running a 3rd instance of WoW. When the two other WoW clients crashed, the Netflix stream was still constant without interruption.

Also 64 bit clients, maybe thats the commonality.
Also happening to me. Re-joined WoW yesterday to play the expansion, and I find myself getting disconnected a ton.

I was able to get to 86, but it was painful. Sometimes I would get disconnected every five minutes. Sometimes I am able to play for an hour. But then there are long stretches of time where I get disconnected only seconds after logging in.

I have died more than once because of this. PvP and PvE. It also resets any quests that involve following someone around (trim tree, paint painting, feed birds), or sitting around waiting, or those storyline quests where you take control of another NPC to "see through their eyes" (sniper, maintaining balance, etc).

I submitted a ticket, and they told me to update my network drivers. It's a total cop-out answer though, but I did it anyway, just in case. Still no change.

These constant disconnects make the game entirely unplayable. This needs to be patched, ASAP.

Edit: Also updated my audio drivers, and my video drivers were already up-to-date. My internet connection is fine, the problem is with the game client. Also, my ping is hovering around 50 ms.

Edit 2: I was originally using the 64-bit client. But just in case, I switched to 32-bit. It's made no difference, still getting disconnected.

Edit 3: Also tested DX9 instead of DX11. No difference.
I'm having the same issue as well. 8 years of playing and never had this problem until now.
Wasnt getting this issue at home but once i got to Dallas and tried on my laptop on Charter cant login mostv tries, if i can get logged on and once I choose a toon can get in.
I have the same problem. All my drivers are up to date, deleted WTF, Cache, Interface, No addons, ran repair tool. Constantly disconnected or kicked off the chat servers.

See my thread for my details on my system if you need it.
Same here....never had a disconnect problem until 5.0. I'm already only playing half-heartedly and now I really don't care to spend more than 5 mins on this and if I can't resolve it psss.....
Iv spent hrs doing everything to fix this. Its not me its a blizz issue it makes me want to quite after 5 years
Someone mentioned Charter Communications, any other ISP's? Maybe that's the link here.
I don't think it's an ISP issue. I'm on Insight, never have any issues with them. Always good latency and bandwidth.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tracing route to 199.107.6.185 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms 1 ms 1 ms XX.X.X.X
2 8 ms 8 ms 10 ms X.X.X.X
3 9 ms 11 ms 9 ms te-0-5-0-5-sur01.newport.mn.minn.comcast.net [X
.X.X.X]
4 22 ms 11 ms 11 ms te-0-7-0-1-ar01.roseville.mn.minn.comcast.net [X
X.X.X.X]
5 21 ms 23 ms 23 ms pos-0-14-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.ne
t [X.X.X.X]
6 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms pos-1-8-0-0-pe01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net
[X.X.X.X]
7 20 ms 19 ms 19 ms X.X.X.X
8 50 ms 48 ms 66 ms cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.132.158]
9 116 ms 116 ms 58 ms cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.2.53]
10 45 ms 47 ms 47 ms cr1.cl2oh.ip.att.net [12.122.2.206]
11 47 ms 45 ms 47 ms cr2.cl2oh.ip.att.net [12.122.2.126]
12 46 ms 49 ms 47 ms cr2.phlpa.ip.att.net [12.122.2.210]
13 103 ms 49 ms 55 ms gar1.pitpa.ip.att.net [12.122.107.85]
14 57 ms 46 ms 47 ms 12.122.251.2
15 51 ms 55 ms 51 ms mdf001c7613r0003-gig-10-1.nyc3.attens.net [63.24
0.65.10]
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.

**** etc... (I x'd out out some of the #'s )

come on blue help..

Whisperwind Realm
Xfinity Broadband
Saint Paul MN, USA
Same here... Just like original poster described...
Same thing here.
I found that when I used the regular wow.exe instead of the wow-64.exe it was better for about 30 minutes.

I have also found that if I don't move my character around at all, I don't get disconnected. REALLY FRUSTRATING... why don't we have a response at all? Is there another thread somewhere?
Constant Disconnections here ... ONLY in Jade Forest (so far).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6712882336
same problem here
Having the same problem
The disconnects are happening due to heavy loads that the servers are currently experiencing. The disconnects/lag are game wide.

Now, if you lose internet connectivity completely, that is a different problem entirely.

Fortunately, I have found a solution to that problem and if anyone wants it, just let me know.

Edit: And yes, the 64bit WoW.exe is having issues with Multi-Core Processors. Just follow this solution and it should work after that. Just skip to where the 64bit solution is stated, the first part is for those having black screens, loading screen freezes and the "Error 132". Let me know if it helps!

This is a driver/hardware related error. What I have gotten from this is that the main issue is the GPU/DirectX/Multi-core function. I will provide solutions to all of these.

GPU Drivers (Graphics Card):

1) First of all you need to download Driver Sweeper. You can find this online.
2) Use Driver Sweeper to uninstall your Display Drivers. It will look either like ATI Display or nVidia Display.
3) Restart you computer.
4) Once you are back in Windows, Re-download your GPU's "Release" Drivers, Do not download the Beta Drivers. They have been having issues with WoW and other Games.
5) Restart your computer.
6) Now you need to download and update your DirectX. To do this, go to Microsoft.com and click on "Downloads". Then search for "DirectX Runtime". This should send you to a list of options. You want to find the DirectX Runtime installer and download that. It will download a standalone installer that will update your DirectX.
7) Restart you computer.
8) Once back into Windows, run the launcher and attempt to play. It should work.

If by chance it happens again, and you have a Multi-core CPU, you need to follow these instructions every time you play until a hot fix is released.

Start WoW. Alt-Tab out and open up Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL). Find Wow-64.exe in the Processes tab. Right click it and select "Set Affinity". Un-check the first CPU core (CPU 0). Tab back into WoW and watch your FPS magically be better. You'll need to do this anytime you start up a new WoW.

The error should not happen once you do this.

Let me know if this helps!
Just thought I'd give an update. After leaving the Jade Forest yesterday evening, I no longer experienced these DCs. I was in the Valley of the Four for like 8 hours and not one DC.
I am sorry, but we can't all be having the same pc problems all of a sudden. In my opinion there is no fix on your pc to get this game to work right at this point in time. Do not let the techies tell you to alter your system; wait for them to fix their own mistakes.
Tried the WoW-64 trick, no change in the dc problem at all. FPS has not been a problem for me.
Patch after patch, xpac after xpac, I have seen these problems arise. The blame is placed on settings, routers, and ISP's. I find that, in the end, changes I make do nothing. In fact i find that the problem very often seems to simply disappear! I can only conclude that someone is lying. I will make no adjustments to settings, and no calls to my ISP. Blizz is responsible, and Blizz shall fix it and say nothing. It's called plausible deniability. Change nothing; it's not your or your system's fault.