Best warlock pvp spec

Warlock
I am lveling a warlock and wonering what the best spec for pvp is? any thoughts
All are literally equally as good once you learn the spec and know how to play. But everyone who will reply will list 42 reasons why spec A is better than spec B.
Pick a spec you're interested in and learn it.
09/23/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Theodos
Uh no... if you're serious at all about PvP (RBGs, decently high rated arenas, etc.), you need to play Affliction. If you want to screw around in BGs and just enjoy yourself, you can play pretty much any spec. Affliction will provide better spread damage + dispel protection, Destro will give you very good burst but will frustrate you when you're trained, and Destro has good survivability and decent damage but really is nothing special.

you are literally too stupid to insult. affliction is only superior to the other specs in 2s. which matter really nothing. in 3s and 5s destro and demo are just as equal if not superior, destro providing mass aoe stun with Rof and demonology having the ability to off tank.
09/23/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Theodos
Uh no... if you're serious at all about PvP (RBGs, decently high rated arenas, etc.), you need to play Affliction. If you want to screw around in BGs and just enjoy yourself, you can play pretty much any spec. Affliction will provide better spread damage + dispel protection, Destro will give you very good burst but will frustrate you when you're trained, and Destro has good survivability and decent damage but really is nothing special.

No, that's that's for Cataclysm. We haven't seen how each spec does in rated play yet. Personally, I don't think affliction will be as dominant or necessary as in the past. It won't be needed so much for dispel protection because of how dispel mechanics work now. Additionally, it probably won't have the strength it had in Cataclysm, particularly in arena, due to reduced CC options and reduced survivability (sure, you have Dark Bargain and Unending Resolve, but once you pop those, you're screwed).
Destro is better than demo and affliction. Affliction is way better than demo and destro. Demo is just god!

I like to help people.
.........i hate you
09/23/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Uzgormth

you are literally too stupid to insult. affliction is only superior to the other specs in 2s. which matter really nothing. in 3s and 5s destro and demo are just as equal if not superior, destro providing mass aoe stun with Rof and demonology having the ability to off tank.

Don't feed the troll.
sorry i missed the sign.
aff will still be the dominant pvp spec for competitive players, dont kid yourself thinking otherwise kiddos.
cobrak, drakedogs, snutzy.
a good warlock = superiorly skilled player.. all specs are viable.. seems aff. has always been the spec of choice for top end pvp.. this however has never meant that the other specs are not capable.. destro was/is an amazing spec for pvp. Demon was/is an amazing spec for pvp.. a good warlock = amazing player. spell lock and dot spreading / focus fears and aoe fears covered a lot of ground in arena. Now that the cc's are not as class specific, we may see more hi-ranked demo/destro locks.. or.. we may not
I think we will definitely see more demo and destro locks in competitive PvP next season. Both are in a much better place then they were throughout Cata. It's nice we have choices in PvP now since neither were really viable in my opinion and now both bring strong burst and survivability.
After putting some time in random BGs at the end of Cata though it's still looking like Aff is ahead. The pressure is constant and now Aff can put three dots on four targets inside of eight global cds and then go on to continue to multi-dot normally. And on top of that there is dispel protection.
you can choose the chaos bolt spec and stack up a couple burning embers and 2 hit a FC. MUAHAHA! >=D
Is there one certain spec that above the rest when it comes to dps in PVE?
affliction. it has higher mobility than the other classes and it currently sims highest on patchwerk fights as well, although at 85 any spec is viable pve wise, just like pvp. it really comes down to what you are more comfortable with.
09/24/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Uzgormth
it really comes down to what you are more comfortable with.

^
09/24/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Chinupp
it really comes down to what you are more comfortable with.

^

^^