People just don't like hunters

Arenas
if you just going to chase one target around the arena spaming damage thats just stupid sorry. thats what is going to happen. the spec gives too much for too little input from the player. when you have sorry scrum bag players doing triple dps with this spec you will see.

as a decent hunter i think you would be concerned how this will effect you personally as all hunters then playing BM will be considered flavor of the month and if you do well this first season with BM the way it is you will fall into the category of the following

s3-s4 Rdruid/Rogue
s5 Hpally/DK
s7 Destro/Bmhunter/Enhance
s11 any melee running triple dps

you will all be s12 BMhunter, basically a scum bag flavor of the month player in the eyes of the arena community, but again you might be the type of person who does not care what others think and in that case good for you.
MM uses monkey=CC which is what im getting at.

but perhaps you are right.
@ sauron with the change to pets I'll likely run monkey as BM.

@ Latter you are right but if people are gonna troll they are going to regardless. I'm 3x 2200 on my druid and 1x on my pally. I'd of been on my hunter but unfortunately my teammates quit due to ladder sitting ( dinged 85 late s10 and still managed hitting 2100). Trolls will troll I only care about my tier 2 after that I do random bags ( rated/pug/pre made ) duel and world pvp ( which I'm really excited about cross realm its been a blast)
well then thats gonna gimp your team imo.

That offheal can save lives(The spirit mend)
but I suppose it wouldnt truly matter.

Ill be going BM and running with a spirit beast.
They removed the deadzone, and so now there is no way to mitigate a hunter's damage through pressure. All you can really do is disarm them, which is not nearly enough because thats only five seconds of relief out of every one minute. And you can't disarm pets so BM is basically unstoppable.

Every other ranged caster can be pressured into losing dps potential except hunters. If you're good enough to stay in their face, it doesn't even matter. Not anymore.
So yeah, hunters are now unique among all classes in that they cannot be interrupted/silenced/kited/pressured.

If the definition of FOTM is having an unfair advantage over all other specs, then BM is absolutely FOTM.
I'm pretty sure hunters could have no ability but autoshot, and people would be butthurt now because there's no minimum range (deadzone, whatever) and "you can't stop them".

Actually you could probably have left the min-range in and had just autoshot and people would still cry.

Though similar things do apply to all classes, evry1 h8 hunters ogm comspiracee!1

silly people. :3

hot damn son i look so cute in my arathi tabard still.
i like this one so much more than the deflier :/
So yeah, hunters are now unique among all classes in that they cannot be interrupted/silenced/kited/pressured.

If the definition of FOTM is having an unfair advantage over all other specs, then BM is absolutely FOTM.

Few tips to help you out.
-stun/cc/disarm hunter during BW dramatically reduces damage output.
-pets are extremely squish, if a hunters pet dies it cuts damage and utility in half ( if you let him rez the pet you are doing it wrong)
-as of right now we don't have a disarm reduction enchant as far as I know ( could be wrong )
-knowing when to use defensive abilities, and knowing how hunters burst.

@sauron for 3s the heal is minimal when you consider the pressure monkey blind brings. I'll probably use three monkeys and two spirit beast or vice versa.

Few tips to help you out.
-stun/cc/disarm hunter during BW dramatically reduces damage output.
-pets are extremely squish, if a hunters pet dies it cuts damage and utility in half ( if you let him rez the pet you are doing it wrong)
-as of right now we don't have a disarm reduction enchant as far as I know ( could be wrong )
-knowing when to use defensive abilities, and knowing how hunters burst.

@sauron for 3s the heal is minimal when you consider the pressure monkey blind brings. I'll probably use three monkeys and two spirit beast or vice versa.

I guess it all depends on what comp you do.
HUnters are like and always have been like fire mages. Not that great but annoying to the point where you want to smash your keyboard into a million pieces and stick a fork through your face until you die of blood loss.

That is why everyone hates hunters.
I am not looking forward to dealing with no dead zone hunters on my mage. I am going to pre lube my hole in preparation.
I could play a BM hunter. If I had no pride.
I could play a BM hunter. If I had no pride. Instead I play a male Blood Elf DK
I think it's mostly a disdain for the player types that Beast Mastery attracts.

Honestly, think back. Can you honestly remember the last time you fought a Beast Mastery hunter that didn't Beast Within, S-key away from you while his pet attacked you, and then Deterrence 4-5 seconds later?

Now couple this with the fact that a TBW pet right now is capable of killing someone by itself (and you can't even heal through it if he actually attacks).. and it seriously makes you want to just shoot/stab/burn anyone playing BM currently.
09/26/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Eponine

Winning.