90 Talent

Hunter
Opinions on Barrage v. Powershot

Ready, go!
neither
Glaive Toss is awful tho :P
I'd say it will be situational in PVE, depending how often you need to aoe on a fight, if more than once per minute the 30s cd on Barrage will make it more DPS than the 1s cd on Powershot.
In PVP, Powershot is better burst and the knockback will function as an aoe interrupt also. Long cast time yes, but could be an awesome opener on an EFC or healer or send a cc'd target flying off a roof/cliff.

Glaive toss is harder to evaluate, since it's based on RAP, how it ranks in terms of damage at 90 will depend on how much RAP we have and what our weapon damage is. I'm not sure how useful it will be in PVP, it's instant which is in it's favor, but imo it will depend on the travel time of the glaives (since they snare going both ways for 3s, it could be anywhere from 3s to 6s time slowed for people on the way to your target) as well as the damage caused.
Taking Powershot for PVP but I'd probably won't use it a lot.
09/24/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Kymic
Taking Powershot for PVP but I'd probably won't use it a lot.
Scatter -> trap -> Powershot = blow healers off bridge/pillars/mountains. Can't wait for this ability.
Im looking forward to powershot.... at least for laughs and fun in BGs.... I already love the explosive trap glyph....I love going to LM in AB, letting all the alliance clump around the flag, launch an explosive trap blow a few off the cliff.... most fun ive had on my hunter in a long long time.... I imagine Powershot will be something like this.... steath up to the LM freeze someone then wind up a powershot and BOOM off the cliff :)
09/24/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Return
Scatter -> trap -> Powershot = blow healers off bridge/pillars/mountains. Can't wait for this ability.

Already can knock fools of edges of things, glyphed our explosive trap is essentially a ele shammy's thunderstorm..that we can throw...in camo
09/24/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Return

Glad to see i am not the only one who thought about this.