Help me I need to fix my hunter...

Hunter
Okay I just realized my hunter is garbage it says that my DPS is 2190.7 thats terrible isn't it? Please help me learn how to improve my guy, Im new to WoW, Im lvl 85 but I feel like he's pretty weak in PVP.. Thanks :)
Well, there's a few things you need to look at here.

First of all, DPS in PvP is really hard to actually estimate what you should be pulling, because there are so many stuns/crowd control skills preventing you from constantly casting, a lot of moving around, and tons of things going on that will prevent you from doing great DPS. PvE is a different story.

Secondly, are you looking in your Character screen where it lists your stats, and one of them says DPS? If so, ignore that completely. It's quite inaccurate. If you really want an accurate idea of your DPS, you'll want to download an addon such as Recount. However, it's really not a big deal in PvP.
09/24/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Ilikewaffles
Okay I just realized my hunter is garbage it says that my DPS is 2190.7 thats terrible isn't it? Please help me learn how to improve my guy, Im new to WoW, Im lvl 85 but I feel like he's pretty weak in PVP.. Thanks :)

Exactly where were you testing your DPS?
09/25/2012 06:21 AMPosted by Noidentity

Exactly where were you testing your DPS?

I'd assume it was paper doll DPS, which is useless as a measure of anything other than your white hit, non-crit damage.
Just go start doing the 85-86 quests and get to 90. Your gear will get replaced by quest rewards. Don't worry about anything else until 90.

BTW you don't have gems in your sockets, and you aren't reforging anything. Just learn about gemming, reforging, enchanting gear, and your stat goals as you level to 90.
There are allot of sites dedicated to helping you learn how to play a hunter, i would suggest you check out these sites.

http://www.wowhuntershall.com

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com