(IC) House of Hohenzollern Decree

Moon Guard
*A rather minor paper would be pressed to several public boards throughout Elwynn, though no papers are sent to Stormwind City via official means. It bears the mark of House Hohenzollern, an Elwynn Brown Bear.*

To all of whom it may concern, I, Lady Janette Hohenzollern IV, declare the public worship of any faith or religion within the region of southeastern Elwynn Forest forbidden.

All local priests and clerics of all faiths within the area have been peacefully asked to close their religious services within the region. A week will be given before more forceful options of closure are to be given.

If civilians do not comply, forced removal shall take place.
Everen sighs, news having reached him of this latest imposition with surprising swiftness, and takes his pen up from his desk to set to a letter.

To the Lady Janette of the House of Hohenzollern,

I have one word in response to your decree. No.

The men and women of the Reformed Church of Elwynn and Arathor will continue to meet and to freely practice our services. Your attempt to impose your will on them is unwelcome and very foolish. Let it be known to you that any violence against my flock will be considered a grave offence against both myself and my household, and will be retaliated with tenfold severity.

You have been warned.

Father Everen Corelas, Thane in the Northern Hills, Lawspeaker of the Kingdom, Cardinal of the Reformed Church of Elwynn and Arathor.

The aging priest folds it carefully, sealing it with plain and unmarked wax before handing it to a servant, to be attached to a carrier pigeon and sent south to Stormwind, and from there, to this wretched Lady Hohenzollern.
To the Lady Janette of the House of Hohenzollern,

I have one word in response to your decree. No.

The men and women of the Reformed Church of Elwynn and Arathor will continue to meet and to freely practice our services. Your attempt to impose your will on them is unwelcome and very foolish. Let it be known to you that any violence against my flock will be considered a grave offence against both myself and my household, and will be retaliated with tenfold severity.

You have been warned.

Father Everen Corelas, Thane in the Northern Hills, Lawspeaker of the Kingdom, Cardinal of the Reformed Church of Elwynn and Arathor

A soldier opens the door to Janette's quarters. The soldier was not armored as a guardsman, but more as a clothed gunman with a long rifle of unique build. He hands the letter over to the busy Lady Hohenzollern and quickly makes his way out.

Janette opens the letter, sighing softly as she would grab a quill and some paper...

Let it be known, Everen Corelas, that you do not rule this land.

If your priests resist the orders, I have complete right to forcefully remove them from my lands. If I had my complete will be done, they would've been shot on the spot for even spreading such faith. They are being given a week to stop their services. A graceful time.

Consider yourself lucky that I do not recognize your hollow threats.
*From the desk of the Exemplar of the Church*

To those that dare threaten the church and its flock,

While you have not acted upon your grievous error, I implore you to cease this foolishness while you have ample room for salvation left within you. The forests of Elwynn, and its entirety are under the Dominion of the King and the Alliance under the jurisdiction of Stormwind, whose practicing faith is that of the Holy Light. -Should you decide to enact these heinous intolerances against the church and the faith in way of physical altercation or confrontation, may it be known to you and your kin that the church shall enforce justice where it is needed. I -pray- you reevaluate your slanderous remarks before publicly posting a wanted ad against the most faithful and orthodox church.

Blood and Honor,

Sir Tenevus Stromheart, Exemplar of the Orthodox Church of the Holy Light
From the plank atop two barrels that Regg called a desk.

To Lady Hohenzollern,

It seems your lands will soon be up for grab. I thank you in advance for the gracious lands that could very well fall into my hands.

I may start wearing a bearskin cloak,

Sir Corinthal the Valiant, Knight of the Silver Hand, Native of Stormwind.
To those that dare threaten the church and its flock,

While you have not acted upon your grievous error, I implore you to cease this foolishness while you have ample room for salvation left within you. The forests of Elwynn, and its entirety are under the Dominion of the King and the Alliance under the jurisdiction of Stormwind, whose practicing faith is that of the Holy Light. -Should you decide to enact these heinous intolerances against the church and the faith in way of physical altercation or confrontation, may it be known to you and your kin that the church shall enforce justice where it is needed. I -pray- you reevaluate your slanderous remarks before publicly posting a wanted add against the most faithful and orthodox church.

Blood and Honor,

The gunman once again slips into Janette's quarters, putting the letter on her desk and beginning to make his way out the room before Lady Hohenzollern halted him, making him stay in place until she called his off.

She once again grabs a quill and paper...

Tenevus Stromheart,

I have not acted upon my "grievous error" because I am being kind to the people of Elwynn, not to give me time to think.

While I do respect the Kingdom's rule of the Elwynn Forest. In my eyes, the Church does not rule the forests. I shall not act to your threats merely because you are in association with the Kingdom.

And do not pray for me. It will never be heard.

Janette hands the letter to the gunman with the following words: "Send this letter, and make sure the soldiers get their guns ready..."
To the false noble.

Your treasonous actions are a betrayal of all that noble blood hath birthed, and a vile mockery of all your kind has brought to the world. I pray that goodly men strip your title and defile whatever remnants of your house still exist, so you may no longer spout poison into the flowing river of nobility.

Let it be known, Everen Corelas, that you do not rule this land.

If your priests resist the orders, I have complete right to forcefully remove them from my lands. If I had my complete will be done, they would've been shot on the spot for even spreading such faith. They are being given a week to stop their services. A graceful time.

Consider yourself lucky that I do not recognize your hollow threats.

After some delay - the return letter being magically expedited due to it's severe character - Everen again takes up his pen.

Hohenzollern,

If you continue your course of action, you will leave me no option. I will burn your fiefdom and salt your fields. I will dye the rivers with the blood of your men, and leave no building standing in your demesne.

I will see you personally hanged in one of the Churches you so despise, and remove your eyes so that your ghost will be blind.

Do. Not. Test. Me.

The Thane Corelas
Hohenzollern,

If you continue your course of action, you will leave me no option. I will burn your fiefdom and salt your fields. I will dye the rivers with the blood of your men, and leave no building standing in your demesne.

I will see you personally hanged in one of the Churches you so despise, and remove your eyes so that your ghost will be blind.

Do not test me.

The Thane Corelas

Janette receives the letter in her usual fashion. She would rush the gunman away, allowing for him to mobilize troops.

Such strong words in the name of the Church. You dare slay a noble house that has brought nothing but prosperity to the region of Southeastern Elwynn?

My I should leave myself out of this. This is for the good of my people. Faith has no place in my lands.
*A hastily-responded letter makes its way back to the Elwynn noble, penned beautifully, but clearly in a rush*

To whom clings to delusions,

I have written what was needed to be said. Take up arms against the church in -any- way and there will be no such faith that will be able to sate your need for clemency as the knights of the orthodox church descend upon your fiefdom, liberating it from your anti-religious tyranny. I recommend that those under your crest are given fair warning of what you so brashly claim speaks for them, and extoll the repercussions of such disloyalty to Stormwind and the most-divine Light.

Light help you and your misguided brood,

A carefully penned and well-endowed letter arrived in the noble's mail.

"Let it be known that there are men not unlike you, who shall not shirk at the tyranny that dwells in the church and irrationalism. If you are in need of financial aid or a counsel to your house, let it be said that I shall readily offer it."

Avulstann Cromwell, of House Bradford.
To whom clings to delusions,

I have written what was needed to be said. Take up arms against the church in -any- way and there will be no such faith that will be able to sate your need for clemency as the knights of the orthodox church descend upon your fiefdom, liberating it from your anti-religious tyranny. I recommend that those under your crest are given fair warning of what you so brashly claim speaks for them, and extoll the repercussions of such disloyalty to Stormwind and the most-divine Light.

Light help you and your misguided brood,

Janette, by now, was starting to grow tired. She penned the next letter rather quickly.

Your words have been kindly noted, and I'm sure nothing I could say to make you see from my point of view.

Your "Light" does nothing but cloud your own judgement.
A second letter arrived by common pidgeon, the bird docile and friendly.

To the Lady of Little Faith,

I've slain a bear in your honor, its flesh will feast many of my brothers, with a large flank sent to His Beatitude. Its pelt will be made into a gracious cloak, with the sigil of the Church embroidered within it's hide.

I wait your response once more,

Sir Corinthal the Valiant, Knight of the Silver Hand, Bearslayer
*This letter, likely his last, sealed with the wax-press of the Silver Hand*

Lady of Elwynn,

No matter your view, no matter how true you think it to be, religious intolerance and the restriction on freedom in the King's land to practice faith will be met with opposition. Opposition you -will- falter against. Please, reconsider your actions.

T.S.
To the Lady of Little Faith,

I've slain a bear in your honor, its flesh will feast many of my brothers, with a large flank sent to His Beatitude. Its pelt will be made into a gracious cloak, with the sigil of the Church embroidered within it's hide.

I wait your response once more,

Sir Corinthal the Valiant, Knight of the Silver Hand, Bearslayer

Janette would read the letter, laughing her sides out for a few good moments before finally giving her time to write up a letter in responce.

You really ought to come to my manor and jest for the soldiers one of these days.

I care not for the symbols you engrave in the forests.
Korvock sighed,writing down the letter, once done he sent it forth to this, "Noble."

"My dear lass. You are a foolish, to put it blunt, dumb prick, as the dwarves of taverns would say. To say that all religion is band is to go against the King, who rules over your land. He has faith in a religion, and to say that it is band, must first go over with the King before you can act, as well as the rest of the house of nobles. As well to this, you are outmatched, outgunned, and outnumbered by the residents of the Land. I warn you, that should you carry on this command, you will most likely become a wanted lady, have your land stripped from you and your respected rank become a disgrace, and dishonor brought to your family, yourself, and your subjects. And to believe that you would even have the power to bring death to those who defy you? Wrong. You will be slaughtered. May the Light show mercy on you, for I and all others will not."

(I'm no good with forums, forgive the thing of, no little box surrounding it. >.> ))
A third and final bird flew to the manor of Lady Hohenzollern, carrying a tiny roll of parchment.

My Dearest Bear,

I will take on any of your men in single combat, if you will it. I'm sure you'll find the bite of steel much more powerful than the bite of tooth, as your beastly kin did.

Light Bless and clean up the manor for me,

Sir Corinthal the Valiant, Knight of the Silver Hand, Future Lord of the Lands South of Eastvale.
Janette receives the two letters, giving them both responses.
Korvock sighed,writing down the letter, once done he sent it forth to this, "Noble."

"My dear lass. You are a foolish, to put it blunt, dumb prick, as the dwarves of taverns would say. To say that all religion is band is to go against the King, who rules over your land. He has faith in a religion, and to say that it is band, must first go over with the King before you can act, as well as the rest of the house of nobles. As well to this, you are outmatched, outgunned, and outnumbered by the residents of the Land. I warn you, that should you carry on this command, you will most likely become a wanted lady, have your land stripped from you and your respected rank become a disgrace, and dishonor brought to your family, yourself, and your subjects. And to believe that you would even have the power to bring death to those who defy you? Wrong. You will be slaughtered. May the Light show mercy on you, for I and all others will not."

We shall see.

*This letter, likely his last, sealed with the wax-press of the Silver Hand*

Lady of Elwynn,

No matter your view, no matter how true you think it to be, religious intolerance and the restriction on freedom in the King's land to practice faith will be met with opposition. Opposition you -will- falter against. Please, reconsider your actions.

T.S.

My mind is made up. May reasoning come your lost mind soon.
A response to the postings is sent via a grizzled postman. The man looks to have run quite some distance in order to deliver a letter. The script is common and does not bear the ornate details of a proper nobleman's stationary.

In address to Lady Janette Hohenzollern,

I am a paladin. I serve the Light and the Alliance. I am certain that many have sent you letters of anger or of immediate threats to you and your family. I, as a paladin of the Light, can do none of those. I will remain until you take action upon the Alliance's own.

Your reasoning, whatever it may be, is of folly. The Holy Light has been a steady faith of the people for years – and it is not spoken for by the violent cretins that dare name themselves paladin. It is a faith built upon the principles of good and benevolent actions. It is a religion that focuses upon the good that one may serve his or her fellows.

On ordinary circumstances, I would not have taken the time to write this letter – however, one of these notices were brought to me by one of the new recruits I have the honor of training. He claimed it foolish and I agree.

It is foolishness to attempt and rebel against the Holy Light and the Church. It is one of Stormwind's founding principles and will not doubt be defended by the greater might of your liege, King Varian Wyrnn. He will not remain inactive while good souls are led astray.

Tell your gods to ready for blood, lady. You will certainly see much of it in your future.

I beg of you, for the future of your house and people, to recant these statements.

May the Light forgive your transgression,

Sir Jeremaes Edrickton of the Silver Hand
A response to the postings is sent via a grizzled postman. The man looks to have run quite some distance in order to deliver a letter. The script is common and does not bear the ornate details of a proper nobleman's stationary.

In address to Lady Janette Hohenzollern,

I am a paladin. I serve the Light and the Alliance. I am certain that many have sent you letters of anger or of immediate threats to you and your family. I, as a paladin of the Light, can do none of those. I will remain until you take action upon the Alliance's own.

Your reasoning, whatever it may be, is of folly. The Holy Light has been a steady faith of the people for years – and it is not spoken for by the violent cretins that dare name themselves paladin. It is a faith built upon the principles of good and benevolent actions. It is a religion that focuses upon the good that one may serve his or her fellows.

On ordinary circumstances, I would not have taken the time to write this letter – however, one of these notices were brought to me by one of the new recruits I have the honor of training. He claimed it foolish and I agree.

It is foolishness to attempt and rebel against the Holy Light and the Church. It is one of Stormwind's founding principles and will not doubt be defended by the greater might of your liege, King Varian Wyrnn. He will not remain inactive while good souls are led astray.

Tell your gods to ready for blood, lady. You will certainly see much of it in your future.

I beg of you, for the future of your house and people, to recant these statements.

May the Light forgive your transgression,

Sir Jeremaes Edrickton of the Silver Hand

Janette received the longer letter and read with the same disregard as did all others.

I have to say, you're certainly one of the more respectful of your kind. But I digress.

I know the risks, I know people will be against me, and I also know that I can defend my lands from such people.

The believers of the Light do nothing but spread their faith and kill whom goes against them.

My words are law within my land. The Church has no right to interfere.