How to get to Northrend?

New Player Help and Guides
Hey, I hit level 68 and I'm wanting to go to Northrend but I cant find out how, I've gone on every balloon ride I've seen and watched all the youtube videos and googled it.
Can you please tell me how to and show where the location is. Thanks
There are 2 zeppelins to Northrend. One outside Undercity, and one inside Orgrimmar. The zeppelins that go to Northrend look different, they have a big "fan" like propeller on the back, and they are one level, no stairs inside.
Where abouts in orgimmar is it? can you show me a picture please
As a member of the Horde, there are two ways to get there. There is a zeppelin in Ogrimmar and a zeppelin outside of Under City. To get to the Borean Tundra, go to the zeppelin tower that is closest to Garrosh's palace/barracks (ie the zeppelin tower that is closer to the front gates of the city). To get to Howling Fjord, exit Under City. Facing away from the city, the zeppelin you'll want is the one on the left. If you speak to the goblins standing at the top of the zeppelin platforms, they'll tell you where that particular zeppelin goes. Please note, your account will need to be upgraded Wrath of the Lich King before you can access Northrend.
09/24/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Sneakys
Please note, your account will need to be upgraded Wrath of the Lich King before you can access Northrend.

Not anymore. WotLK is in the Battlechest now, and even trial accounts have access to those zones. It was announced recently.
I've been standing outside orgimmar for about 5 minutes and I haven't seen a single zeppelin fly by besides the ones in the city, can someone please mark it on a map.
Thanks
I've been standing outside orgimmar for about 5 minutes and I haven't seen a single zeppelin fly by besides the ones in the city, can someone please mark it on a map.
Thanks

The one to northrend is in the city. There are 4 zeppelins, 2 towers. Talk to the goblins on top of them to see where each one goes.
I FOUND IT!!! TY ALL
get to the mage in Wizard Sanctum of Stormwind City..there's a portal at the top you take to it
03/31/2016 05:16 PMPosted by Biabia
get to the mage in Wizard Sanctum of Stormwind City..there's a portal at the top you take to it

There are so many things wrong with this post in the context of this thread.

1.) the OP is horde, so you just told hordies to wander into stormwind

2.) the question was "how to get to NORTHREND", you just gave directions on how to get to Outland, a completely different part of the game world.

3.) the OP already responded back with "I found it, TY" and hasn't asked any other questions since then. So he's not going to come back for any reason to check on his thread.

3.) this thread is from 2012, and hasn't been posted in since 2012, until your necro. So the OP REALLY is NOT going to randomly decide to check on this thread 4 years later, just in case. Especially since the OP's posting character has gone dark, which means that character may not exist any more or is at least no longer played (perhaps his entire account is lapsed).
03/31/2016 05:32 PMPosted by Avanna
this thread is from 2012

yah.. but...
look how many views it's got :o

I'm going to add alliance info to this too.

Alliance:

To get to Howling Fjord, take the boat from Menethil Harbor in Wetlands

To get to Borean Tundra, take the boat from Stormwind Harbour.

(I can't remember if a quest is required for this the first time? There is at least one quest which will phase the harbour and the boat will never come, I think it's the Cataclysm intro quest)
03/31/2016 10:15 PMPosted by Nobully
I can't remember if a quest is required for this the first time?

Nope, no quest needed on the alliance side. Just walk up onto the boat, even as a level 1, and you can get to Northrend.

03/31/2016 10:15 PMPosted by Nobully
There is at least one quest which will phase the harbour and the boat will never come, I think it's the Cataclysm intro quest)

Ah, yeah the intro quest line to Vashj'ir (one of the starter zones for level 80 cataclysm content) for the alliance. A boat still comes, it just goes to Vash'jir instead of Northrend. As soon as you complete that quest chain far enough to get underwater breathing (which is like 5 or 6 quests in, at most) if you go back to stormwind, the Northrend boat is once again running.
Yes. A Quest-Giver appears next to the dock when you reach 80. Accepting the Quest triggers the phasing.

I was still midway through Icecrown when I hit 80, but when the Quest-Giver appeared, I thought I should go ahead and accept it so I'd have it ready as soon as I finished Icecrown. I realized something was wrong when I went to the end of the dock to await the boat to Northrend, and there were soldiers there, talking about a big sea battle.

Fortunately, I figured out what I'd done, and I dropped the Quest, and I was able to return to Northrend. But at least when I finally finished Icecrown, I knew exactly where to get the Quest for Vahj'ir.
Can I ask a question because it is related to this. I've always been a mage, so it has been easy to teleport and move from one place to another. Now, I'm levelling up a paladin and was wondering if I need to take portals and zeppelins between different zones? Isn't it an easy way, like having my own portals or something similar? I have no idea how it works with different classes.
I'm not a hunter btw, I have another toon that I'm levelling.
Thanks!
05/10/2016 12:05 AMPosted by Sandromeda
Can I ask a question, because it is related to this. I've always been a mage, so it has been easy to teleport and move from one place to another. Now, I'm levelling up a paladin and was wondering if I need to take portals and zeppelins between different zones? Isn't it an easy way, like having my own portals or something similar? I have no idea how it works with different classes.
I'm not a hunter btw, I have another toon that I'm levelling.
Thanks!

Mages are spoiled in that they get portals. The other classes don't get that. ;)
I often have the opposite problem--when I play my mage alts I sometimes I forget I CAN use portals for shortcuts. xD

A few classes do get a teleport spell that takes them to a "home" location for their class. For example, death knights get a teleport to Acherus: The Ebon Hold in the Eastern Plaguelands. Druids and monks also have similar spells. So those can be used to make travel easier.

Outside of that, most other classes have to make smart use of their hearthstones and any other teleport-y items they obtain throughout their travels, along with the classic zeppelins, boats, and city portals.
Okay, that was informative. Thanks!
So I know that this isn't exactly related to this post, but since the zeppelins are off fighting the legion or whatever right now, is there any way for me, Horde at level 72, to get to Northrend? I don't have a portal to Pandaria yet so can't use Shrine's portals...