Selling Battle Pets

Bug Report
I realize you can't sell "wild" pets, but you can sell ones you previously tamed. I crated up my phoenix hatchling and other pets, but it will not allow me to post pets on the AH. There are tons listed, but for some reason it wont let me post one.

I have not yet purchased MoP, but it lets me train, battle, and capture pets. For some reason the only thing I cant do is sell them. Anyone have any idea what the deal is?
Now it wont let me uncage pets I've battled with, saying the pets are too high level...
Did you receive the introductory quest line? Several of us without MoP have posted this morning to report that we have not been offered them, and if so your issue may share the same cause.
What questline? I simply went to the trainer, spent the 85 gold or so, and went around stormwind beating squirrels with my companion pets. So far my pets are lvl 7, but somehow when I cage them, if I trained them too much I cant relearn them. Apparently the pets level faster than I do or something.
When we learn to Pet Battle from the Trainer, she is supposed to serve as the hub for an introductory quest line that eventually leads to battling NPC trainers. You cannot battle the trainers without that quest line, and defeating them is required to unlock Achievements and Dailies.

It sounds as you did not receive the quests either, which leads me to believe the issue is the result of our common factor: We do not own MoP, therefore we do not have access to all of the Pet Battle system's features. Hopefully it is nothing more than an oversight, but it may be intended.
I wasn't aware quests were offered, though it does sound like MoP could be the factor. What I don't get is how I can cage and trade pets without MoP (sell through trade channel), but can't post them on the AH. Makes no sense.
hi i have been geting rare pets in the wild so i can sell the things on AH. Do not have MOP but if you can tame and lvl your pets way can i not sell them on the AH anyway the pets on there right now become soul bound to you when you get any info would be great.
I had mop pre-orderd i have starting the questline and fought some of the trainers. but i caught rare pets and cant cage and sell them yet i was told i would be able to do so if anyone knows if this feature will become available plz help out. thx!!!
Wild Pets cannot be caged. They decided to revoke that feature since they didn't want Pet Battles to be a money making "profession", only something to do for fun.

Pets attained via drops/vendors still can be caged and resold, however.
And as far as not being able to relearn your caged pet because it is too high level ... you must already have a pet that is that level or above to learn one that is a certain level.

For example, say you caged a level 7 pet and that only left you with level 6 pets ... if you then decide that you want that level 7 pet back ... you must raise another pet to level 7 or above.
Had the same problem, and fixed it.

It's quite simple: Auctioneer is blocking it. Deactivate it and it's gonna work.
where do you get the cages?
10/30/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Kreegon
where do you get the cages?

You simply right click a pet in your list and select "Put in Cage" if the option is available. If the option is not there, you can't cage the pet.

If you have any further questions with battle pets, you'll want to head over tot he Pet Battles forum:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/7388394/
if a pet you levelled is level 25 once you learn them you can't unlearn them and other people can't use them I think the only way level 25 pets can be used is if they were bought through the AH
because this happened to me I levelled a pet to level 25 and then I could learn it but then couldn't put it back in the cage then I levelled another to level 25 and gave it to my friend and they couldn't learn it
05/21/2016 03:30 AMPosted by Jiwen
if a pet you levelled is level 25 once you learn them you can't unlearn them and other people can't use them I think the only way level 25 pets can be used is if they were bought through the AH

05/21/2016 03:34 AMPosted by Jiwen
because this happened to me I levelled a pet to level 25 and then I could learn it but then couldn't put it back in the cage then I levelled another to level 25 and gave it to my friend and they couldn't learn it

Please don't necro old threads, this one is from 2012.

Just to clarify a point, you can only learn a pet that is the same level or lower than the highest level pet in your journal.

EXAMPLE: If your highest level pet is level 24, then you would be unable to learn a level 25 pet until you leveled up a pet to level 25.