LEVEL 87 PRIEST ABILITY

Priest
is it just me or is the lvl 87 priest ability like the worst ability that any class gets at 87?

huge let down
Just because it's not a direct increase to our dps, does not mean that it's a crap ability.

Consider this:

Healer dies. Tank is about to die, while a DPS is rezzing a healer. You swap your health then disperse with the tank who's at 30% health.

Raid saved.
Yea Void Shift isnt that cool i mean it could be usefull in certain situations, But it almost seem useless
1. Amazing trolling spell for fellow allies
2. Potential raid saver
3. If the macro works from the other post on the priest forums...it can basically be a pet sac with your shadow fiend
Self lay-on-hands (with shadowfiend) and potential raid saver. Whats not to like?
I love it. In parties atm, if the healer is having some issues keeping up the people getting hit, I'm right to take the damage because I'm at range and usually safe. Then, flash heal a few times and you're golden.

I see absolutely no problem with it.

(This is, of course, as shadow. Also, questing with a group quickly became a lot more fun :P)
So I looked it up... Hunters, Rogues, Shamans, and Warriors are the only ones that have dmg/healing (output basically) increased by both their 87 ability and the lvl 90 talents. So it's not like we're getting the short end of the stick.

I like this ability, and I think it sticks with idea of Priest. There's a lot of situations where the healers can get over-whelmed. Also, consider the use this can have in 2's.

I only do PvE. So the ability to use PoM, renew, and tack this one, I feel pretty useful. This utility is why I enjoyed Shadow so much back in BC.
It is an awesome ability, Yeah our damage might be low right now, and Void shift doesn't boost it we now have the ability to save players. You can use your shadow fiend and heal back to full, Save a raid tank or healer, but look at the pvp side!

Your in a 3v3 and ypou healer is getting beat up swap health and heal him to full, desperate prayer and VE and now everyone is topped off and your healer is still alive!
#1 use:

Some jerk sees you hobbling (snared) over to the leaf needing heals in a BG. They ride up on their mount and yank it.

> Void Shift
> Thanks for the heal
> They get ganked by a rogue in the opener @ 25% HP
It is actually very very nice.

Lay on Hands anyone?

/cast shadowfiend
/cast [@pet] Void Shift.

done.

Can also be done with you Void Tendrils, but i would recommend something less expesive.
From a PVP disc perspective;

A super situational heal with a ridiculous cooldown? Ofcourse priests would want that!

Put it next to spirit shell, the level 90 talents, atonement, and archangel, the other spells you've forced down our throat that are only useful once in a blue moon (at least for a PVP healer).

But don't give them a snare, an interrupt, a real gap opener, a casted CC, or any change to their core healing rotation, they wouldn't want any actual significant change in core gameplay. That would be silly.

Lay on Hands anyone?

/cast shadowfiend
/cast [@pet] Void Shift.

done.

Can also be done with you Void Tendrils, but i would recommend something less expesive.

Oh yea that's just what I wanna do, waste my only dps cd just to heal up, when i already have a billion ways to get out of danger/ heal myself. In my opinion this spell is just wayyyy to situational to be very useful, and honestly I don't even see a way to fix it, it's just that bad.
Oh yea that's just what I wanna do, waste my only dps cd just to heal up, when i already have a billion ways to get out of danger/ heal myself. In my opinion this spell is just wayyyy to situational to be very useful, and honestly I don't even see a way to fix it, it's just that bad.

You're assuming your pet will die from it.

I've used the spell quite often, personally, from saving a tank (VS+DPrayer) to saving myself (SF+VS).
You want a bad level 87 ability? Go play a druid. Void shift is amazing and it will be a huge, huge asset to progression.
if you hurt yourself to about 30% you can voidshift someone and grip them off something that isn't too high and they die
You can only complain about your 87/90 abilities if you're a warlock.
Seriously, they got bupkis.
i !@#$ig love void shift.

That is all.
1. Amazing trolling spell for fellow allies

This is really the best use for it.

We really do get the coolest troll spells. Hands down lifegrip makes playing my priest worth it.

Tank pisses you off in heroic and doesn't look too smart? Get yourself low then VS and make it look like they got crit and died then rage out.

Lay on Hands anyone?

/cast shadowfiend
/cast [@pet] Void Shift.

done.

Your pet won't die from it. Most people don't even notice Shadowfiends up. Let alone the fact you just swaped HP with it. They just see you go from 30k HP to full and now they have to beat on you all over again. Try the macro you'll love it. You can also switch shadowfiend with Void Tendrils or anything else that provides HP nearby that's part of your team. Like maybe your teammates pet(Untested). LoL Who cares about their pets.