8 second Dispel Mechanic

Rogue
Anyone else concerned that Mages/Warlocks just got a huge buff because of this change?

Spammable Fear and Polymorph and your healer can only dispell it once every 8 seconds.

:(
Yet another reason to roll Forsaken.
I wouldn't worry about it too much for CC's like that. DR's will take care of it being a big problem in the grand scheme.

I expect some minor changes, though, because I think strong teams like MLS will Chain CC teams so bad that they'll be forced to run a comp with 2 dispels early on until balance changes are made.
To be fair, you have to have something to choose between if you want dispels to be a decision. You can't nerf them both and achieve that result. Otherwise, you're in the same relative place you started.
The new dispells also remove all magic debuffs.

So while the cooldown definitely hurts, being able to remove all the DoTs from someone is pretty powerful.
Here's a scenario to illustrate how this is going to hurt Rogues:

A Mage gets me in a frost nova and polymorphs me, their team switches to my healer. The shaman dispells me; no more nova, polymorph - I'm free!!!

The mage then hits me with one of his 3 on demand ways to nova me and I sit there for 8 seconds or I'm forced to blow a 2 min cooldown. Keep in mind, even if I blow this huge cooldown the mage can rinse and repeat and do the same thing to me 22-24 seconds later.

What I'm saying is, making all Dispell mechanics have an 8 sec cooldown is a HUGE nerf to melee.

Maybe if they made Burst of Speed similar to Hand of Freedom we would be fine, but the 60 energy cost makes it useless.
09/27/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Chubbsmalone
Maybe if they made Burst of Speed similar to Hand of Freedom we would be fine, but the 60 energy cost makes it useless.

Not entirely true.

Sure 60 energy is high, but what else do you have to spend it on if you're sitting in roots?
Besides, reasonably, you're going to have at least a second or two of energy regen as you're running back to your target. You'll almost certainly be able to use at least one ability, and maybe chain two or three together in consecutive GCDs, immediately once you're back within melee range.
So you guys think BoS is better than Prep or Step?
I don't think anyone can justify taking a 60 energy root breaker over Prep or Step.
09/27/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Chubbsmalone
So you guys think BoS is better than Prep or Step?

I'm not going to argue it, because your follow-up shows you're mind is made up.

09/27/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Chubbsmalone
I don't think anyone can justify taking a 60 energy root breaker over Prep or Step.

With that said, there are definitely times where it will be/is superior. I'd suggest you play around with here and there to learn to use it to your benefit.

Who knows? You might even decide you like to use it every now and then. ;)
I actually thought of this kind of being a buff for us. Meaning since they now have to be more selective on when they cast their remove spell, it forces them to leave our poisons active for a longer time or not remove them at all.
One of the reason why BoS is pretty strong of a choice in arenas except Mut.
Yeah 60 energy sure hurts but sitting in a full root is counter productive.
I actually thought of this kind of being a buff for us. Meaning since they now have to be more selective on when they cast their remove spell, it forces them to leave our poisons active for a longer time or not remove them at all.

Eh, not really.

No one in their right mind was dispelling our poisons on a consistent basis.

Still a good thought, though.
09/27/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Gwellin
Ah, but they dispel our poisons, then their focus gets CC'd, say a Poly, immediately after. 8 second cooldown cooldown means they have to eat the whole CC if no trinket is used.