I hope I made the right choice...

Hunter
So for this expansion I was choosing between my ele shaman and hunter to play as my main. Unfortunately, both specs are on the bottom of the totem pole for dps. In terms of enjoyment in the classes, I enjoy both of them equally. Anyway, I decided to go with hunter because hunter would more likely be buffed in the damage department because they only have one role... dps. So I hope I made the right choice. I'm not looking for a class that's number one in dps, but one that is competitive with others and not being 20k+ behind the top dmg spec. I know people say simulation craft isn't 100%, but it does give you a good idea of max potential.

So, here's to hoping I made the right choice -_-
I agree dps is low for hunter but every class gets their time to shine. BM is superior in dps right now compared to survival and mm I believe so I recommend trying that out for pve and pvp. Good luck getting to 90 :)
09/28/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Prescious
hunter has been bad since BC but I find it more fun to play than ele shaman bevause you dont have to fool with throwing totems around

Just because you tried it and sucked at it because you still don't have your S key unbound from moving backwards, doesn't mean the class sucks.

It has a higher skill cap, that's a fact. But just because the class requires you to actually be superior in skill, doesn't make the class bad. Just makes you look even more bad because you actually are in fact, really bad.

Now go learn how to spell because and how to use grammar.
And you Furair look even badder for coming off as a rude jagoff.

Just sayin
What makes you think we're at the bottom for dps? Simcraft doesn't compare between different classes well and the small amount of parses from beta isn't enough to conclude anything. Heroic dungeons are horrible for measuring dps too. Once raids open we will see much better numbers. High middle of the pack is perfect. Least chance to get nerfed to the bottom instantly, happens to us quite often.
09/28/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Furair
hunter has been bad since BC but I find it more fun to play than ele shaman bevause you dont have to fool with throwing totems around

Just because you tried it and sucked at it because you still don't have your S key unbound from moving backwards, doesn't mean the class sucks.

It has a higher skill cap, that's a fact. But just because the class requires you to actually be superior in skill, doesn't make the class bad. Just makes you look even more bad because you actually are in fact, really bad.

This coming from an experienced LFR progression player.
Really rich.
09/28/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Gothen

This coming from an experienced LFR progression player.
Really rich.

OH THE GAME HAS ONLY BEEN OUT SINCE LFR? GOTCHA. gtfo the forum, breh.
I switched to my hunter for this expac for comp reasons. To be frank I think hunters are in an ok place. Yes BM as a spec is god awfully unforgivable in fights bad for your pet and sometimes trash pulls. It-terms of boss damage I feel they're right there. I won't give it my final seal till I get into LFR. Survival and MM I really haven't really tried since patch drop when one became had its primary shot nerfed to the ground and replaced with a filler shot.
09/28/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Furair
OH THE GAME HAS ONLY BEEN OUT SINCE LFR? GOTCHA.

Looking at your achievements on this toon, for you apparently pretty much, yeah.
I decided to start off in MOP with my hunter since I wanted to upgrade gear and get the new pets. It seems to be doing fine so give it a try. I went from ilvl 312 to 384 the 1st day which really helped.
I think that hunters are one of the best dps classes if played right, aswell as having tons utility to them. I love how the put readiness back into bestial wraith aswell as giving us true shot aura It will be interesting to see how the class preforms in Raid Gear. Stampede is kinda weak though I dont think it should Nerf pet damage as much and spread it out over your pets it should be a more powerfull cooldown instead of just cool looking.
09/28/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Eponine
Why is everyone flaming Furair? He is partially correct. Hunters haven't been bad since BC. In fact, we've been in at least the top third of DPS in most tiers, and I can't think of one where we weren't.

Short memory , 4.2 and 4.3
09/28/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Eponine
Uhh what? MM was fine in 4.2 and SV was good in 4.3.
This. We were pretty strong throughout cata. In wrath as I recall MM was one of the top DPS specs for ICC. BM was faceroll OP in BC as well (Go 1 button rotation!)
i hope i made the the right choice im new to this game im starting to cringe at what im reading on here about hunters...... i realy like this class and range dps but being a pure dps class is it to much to ask for competitive dps and a raid spot lol
09/28/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Arrowrain
i hope i made the the right choice im new to this game im starting to cringe at what im reading on here about hunters...... i realy like this class and range dps but being a pure dps class is it to much to ask for competitive dps and a raid spot lol
Chances are, unless you're in a guild that goes for server/world firsts, you will not be benched on your hunter unless you're pulling really low DPS. If it's because of the class and you're not in a hardcore guild, then good news! It's prolly just the class in which case buffs are likely. If it's not the class, there are several guides out that can support you to doing better!

Not saying you're bad or anything, just don't get discouraged if you're enjoying the class.
09/28/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Gothen
OH THE GAME HAS ONLY BEEN OUT SINCE LFR? GOTCHA.

Looking at your achievements on this toon, for you apparently pretty much, yeah.

I could care less about achievements. But if you're gonna make fun of mine, look at your own first. There's nothing to brag about yours either, buddy. Nice try, PAL. Go back to your mom's basement.