List of superior quality pets

Pet Battles
From the beta forums, this is the list of non-wild pets (vendor/drop/quest/TCG/Blizzard store) that have superior (rare) quality stats. It doesn't have anything to do with the item that creates them, just the stats.
Currently, they aren't designated as superior stats in the in-game pet journal. But if you compare them to another pet of the same family they do have better stats. For example, Panther Cub (rare) has 148/12/12 vs Orange Tabby (uncommon) with 145/11/11.
Any other non-wild pets are Uncommon quality.
The online Armory journal shows non-wild pet rarity level based on the item that you learn it from. Hyacinth Macaw is Epic Purple, Panther Cub is Common White, yet they both have Rare quality stats.

Azure Whelpling
Baby Blizzard Bear Stat comparison shows this to be Uncommon quality
Bananas
Brilliant Kaliri
Celestial Dragon
Cenarion Hatchling
Chuck
Clockwork Gnome
Core Hound Pup
Crawling Claw
Crimson Lasher
Crimson Whelpling
Dark Phoenix Hatchling
Dark Whelpling
Darkmoon Balloon Can't actually battle
Darkmoon Cub
Darkmoon Monkey
Darkmoon Tonk
Darkmoon Turtle
Darkmoon Zeppelin
Deathy
Disguisting Oozeling
Dragon Kite
Elementium Geode
Emerald Whelpling
Ethereal Soul-Trader
Eye of the Legion
Feral Vermling
Fetish Shaman
Firefly
Fossilized Hatchling
Fox Kit
Frosty
Giant Sewer Rat
Gregarious Grell
Grunty
Gryphon Hatchling
Guardian Cub
Gundrak Hatchling
Hippogryph Hatchling
Hyacinth Macaw
Hyjal Bear Cub
Jade Tentacle
Kirin Tor Familiar
Landro's Lichling
Landro's Lil' XT
Lashtail Hatchling
Lil' Deathwing
Lil' K.T.
Lil' Ragnaros
Lil' XT
Little Fawn
Lucky
Lucky Quilen Cub
Lumpy
Lurky
Magical Crawdad
Mini Diablo
Mini Thor
Mini Tyrael
Moonkin Hatchling
Mr. Grubbs
Muckbreath
Murkablo
Murkimus
Murky
Netherwhelp
Nightsaber Cub
Nuts
Onyxian Whelpling
Panda Cub
Pandaren Monk
Panther Cub
Pebble
Phoenix Hatchling
Pterrodax Hatchling
Purple puffer
Razzashi Hatchling
Rocket Chicken
Sand Scarab
Searing Scorhling
Snarly
Soul of the Aspects
Spectral Tiger Cub
Spirit of Competition Stat comparison shows it to be Superior quality
Sprite Darter Hatchling
Stinker
Strand Crawler
Tiny Shale Spider
Toothy
Tuskarr Kite
Voodoo Figurine
Wind Rider Cub
Zergling

2012/10/01 Updated list from thread posts
This really needs a sticky in here =)
09/26/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Aieny
This really needs a sticky in here =)

Agreed. Sticky request sent in.
Sticky requested! :D
Never mind, didn't read the thread carefully lol, thought it meant something else.
Not necessarily, since wild rare quality pets have the same stats as these rares. The only difference is that our pet journal doesn't designate these as having rare quality stats, whereas wild pets do.
Thank you, I was looking for this.
Wow and here I thought all the non-captured pets were "Common."
Thanks for posting, but I think you missed the top part of the list. I remember seeing Core Hound Pup on the other one (I use it, that's why I'm concerned).

I think you missed pets begging with A through CS
pandaren monk is broken way too powerful
The first five pages of the Armory pet journal has the complete list.
Thanks for posting, but I think you missed the top part of the list. I remember seeing Core Hound Pup on the other one (I use it, that's why I'm concerned).

I think you missed pets begging with A through CS

You are correct sir. When I copied it from my spreadsheet I didn't scroll all the way to the top row. :)
09/27/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Kadrius
The first five pages of the Armory pet journal has the complete list.

No, it doesn't. The Armory online pet journal shows non-wild pets in the rarity level of the item that teaches it. That's why a Hyacinth Macaw is Epic Purple and a Panther Cub is Common White when they both have rare quality stats.
Thank you!
Please fix this so that all rare quality non-capture pets appear blue for Rare instead of white for Common so that we can tell in-game at a glance which pets of ours are actually rares. Thanks.
On a side note, I find it amusing that the vast majority of us posting about pet battles are still lvl85.... hehe

I did start questing in the Jade Forest last night, but had to hearth to SW for something, and again got side-tracked and ended up in the Hinterlands fighting hares :-p
Just a note: if you go into your character's profile on this website and go to the pets section, you will see a list of all the pets, color-coded by rarity, including legacy pets. It sorts your pets by level (well, favourited then level) and can be filtered by rarity. Very useful once you have over 400 pets and are losing track of them in the ingame journal.