Chat tabs separated

UI and Macro
Post Limit:
When MoP came out, pet battle info appeared in this new tab of chat. This tab was not inline with my other tabs, but overlaid them instead. I tried to drag it out of the way to drop it in place beside my other tabs, and my cursor selected my other chat tabs instead. Now, I have 5 chat tabs in various states of overlap. Dragging them onto the base tab doesn't lock them back into place, and doubleclicking just minimizes them as multiple boxes. I can drag these boxes out of the way, but every time I reload my UI or zone into a new place, the boxes deminimize and the full size tabs appear all over my screen. Using /resetchat does not work to restore the tabs to their correct spot, as when I try to make a new tab again, it is created where the old tabs were, not flush with the base tab. All of my addons are disabled. Please help me to fix this :(

Screenshot attached for clarification:
http://i45.tinypic.com/357ncde.jpg
Well I'd go into interface chat options and choose classic wow chat look (with new conversations showing in same window), then make manually a separate chat tab that's docked at the main window and choose to show only pet battles in it, so you have it in a static position.
Otherwise, you could use one of chat addons to manage this a little better:
http://www.vranx.com/chat.htm
I'd check out WIM and Cellular first for what you need.
No, the problem is that I've resetchat back to full defaults (including the classic chat option) but if I try to make new tabs, they appear in those floating positions like in the screenshot. Doesn't matter what I decide to display in it - I just mentioned the pet battles because that's when the first undocked window appeared.
Exit WoW.

In the WTF folder, in Account\Account_Name\Server_Name\Character_Name find "Chat-Cache.txt" and delete it.

In the same folder, find "Layout-cache.txt" and delete it.

Restart WoW.
That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!
Nope, nevermind. That didn't fix it. If I make new tabs, they still are created in random spots in the middle of my screen, and I can't make them pop back inline with the others. They also overlap (versus how just the top tab shows stuff), so there is text everywhere. :(
Then it's probably a mod doing it. Try turning them all off.
Addons are already off. I stated that in the OP.
Kaily - I can always suggest a full on reset.

1. Exit WoW.
2. Navigate to your WoW folder.
3. Rename your Interface and WTF folders to Interface-Old and WTF-Old.
4. Run the "Repair" executable in the WoW folder (assuming you're using a Windows-based computer, skip this step otherwise).
5. Restart WoW.
Kaily - I can always suggest a full on reset.

1. Exit WoW.
2. Navigate to your WoW folder.
3. Rename your Interface and WTF folders to Interface-Old and WTF-Old.
4. Run the "Repair" executable in the WoW folder (assuming you're using a Windows-based computer, skip this step otherwise).
5. Restart WoW.

I think the Repair.exe was removed in 5.0. As far as I know, only the launcher can repair things, and not on demand.
09/27/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Choonster
I think the Repair.exe was removed in 5.0. As far as I know, only the launcher can repair things, and not on demand.

Entirely possible. Honestly, I haven't looked in months.
I fixed this by disabling all addons then I was able to successfully merge tabs by dropping the separated window's tab right next to the main window tab and it auto merged in to one tabbed window.

I run a ton of addons so I'm not sure which one was causing the problem. I use Prat as a chat addon fyi.