MAAAAN IT'S ALMOST MONK O'CLOCK

Wyrmrest Accord
I am so excited. I've been carrying out Kamazhi's storyline to transition him from druid to monk for the last year, and it's almost time to finish the switch!

Anyone else converting to monk? By which I mean, did you find a way/reason for your existing RP/alt main to become a monk, not if you're making one. I'd love to hear what happened if so!

TLDR version, Kamazhi got too power-hungry in his attempts to help fix the Cataclysm and kidnapped/experimented on a Druid of the Flame to try and understand their powers. When the mutated Druid escaped, Kamazhi pursued, mercilessly trying to kill it even when it just wanted peace. For his hubris, the thing finally turned on him and took him down so severely that every ounce of Kam's druidic magic had to flare up just to keep him alive, shorting itself out permanently in the process.

Powers lost, he sank into a depression, realizing he'd become too jaded and forgotten what he was supposed to be fighting for anyways. As he recovers from his crippling injuries, he's been gradually steering towards monkhood, thanks in part to his realization he needs to control himself better and his predisposition to unarmed combat (even as a Druid, he refused to ever shapeshift and wasn't much good at the magic).
My Monk isn't going to be a Monk for the first half of the expansion ICly. It's going to be a built up storyline and a fresh new character~ I'll probably do a couple of short stories and post them here for reference sometime after I've gotten a good amount done.
It's Monk O'clock
Do you know what YOUR kids are doing?
09/24/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Dawnsky
My Monk isn't going to be a Monk for the first half of the expansion ICly. It's going to be a built up storyline and a fresh new character~ I'll probably do a couple of short stories and post them here for reference sometime after I've gotten a good amount done.

Yeah, I wanted to build it up for Kamazhi too, but knew I wouldn't be able to wait 'til after day 1, so I started right after MoP was announced.
It's Monk O'clock
Do you know what YOUR kids are doing?

Monkeying around.

:v
Your story sounds like Maiev. >.>
09/24/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Zaane

Never heard of him.
09/24/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Kamazhi

Never heard of him.

I do believe she is referring to Maiev Shadowsong. You know, the warden that kills Illidan at the end of BT and just has to be one of my least favorite lore characters?
09/24/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Kamazhi
so I started right after MoP was announced.

I did too, my character development has been months of research and work and I asked a person I know from Moon Guard regarding plausibility in certain aspects, he's quite the lore expert even if people hate him. So I'm set and ready to start RPing quickly.

09/24/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Kamazhi
Never heard of him.

She... the crazy b- lady that was chasing Illidan everywhere, appears in Black Temple and helps the raid kill him?
One of my most successful and fun characters ever was Aka the dumb troll (sub-par) rogue / fishmonger on Moon Guard. After I switched both to the WRA server and to Alliance over the course of Cataclysm I started missing her since she wasn't played anymore, but I already had a new rogue main so I didn't want to keep playing her.

So after two / three trashed monk ideas I finally thought of making Aka a troll monk. My idea was, since she was always kind of a crummy rogue - clumsy, a big scardy-cat, not very clever or sharp-witted and definitely didn't like stabbity-stab all the time even after trying so hard for so long to be good at it that she would try out monk lessons and finally find her niche (besides fishing). Not sure how she'll fit into the rest of the Mists story but it's a start!

Never heard of him.

I do believe she is referring to Maiev Shadowsong. You know, the warden that kills Illidan at the end of BT and just has to be one of my least favorite lore characters?

Ohhh. The one with the helmet. Neat.

I don't really pay attention to the storyline.

Something something illidan, something something Scourge, something something Deathwing, something something Pandaren, is about what I know of Warcraft.