RSP2 trouble

Moon Guard
OK ...is...RSP2....cross faction (MRP isnt which is hate :<)

No. No addon can communicate cross-faction because the ability simply doesn't exist on a widespread level. I suppose one could code the protocol at the backend of all the flag addons, Mary-Sue Protocol, to communicate via realID or battletag to etch profiles of your cross-faction friends, but that library doesn't exist at present. It also wouldn't allow you to fetch the profiles of strangers.
At the same time, sort of. You have a cache of descriptions you've seen before, so if you spend time on a Horde alt and catch my flag, you'll see it if you run into me in the Dread Wastes, too.
09/29/2012 05:24 AMPosted by Corasilis
Solution: MRP. RSP is like the Internet Explorer of RP addons that make toon sheets.

I dislike the MRP interface; I find it overly complex for the job and more, back when I used to use it and switched to moon guard it began making my old computer chug horribly.

I switched to RSP2 (which is not RSP MoP, just fyi, they're two different addons) and I find the interface much more streamlined and friendlier to work with.
ACTUAL USEFUL POST TIME
Got Kurze to run BugGrabber/BugSack and now have some useful info.

1x widgets\AceGUIWidget-MultiLineEditBox.lua:265: CreateFrame(): Couldn"t find inherited node "UIPanelButtonTemplate2"
<in C code>
widgets\AceGUIWidget-MultiLineEditBox.lua:265: in function "?"
flagRSP2-2.5.3 Release\libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0-33.lua:136: in function <flagRSP2\libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:125>
flagRSP2-2.5.3 Release\libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0-33.lua:174: in function "Create"
AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-54.lua:1123: in function <AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1054>
AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-54.lua:1081: in function <AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1054>
AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-54.lua:1581: in function "FeedGroup"
AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-54.lua:1853: in function "Open"
AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-54.lua:1881: in function <AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1879>
(tail call): ?
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[2]":9: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[2]":5
(tail call): ?
flagRSP2-2.5.3 Release\libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0-33.lua:314: in function "Fire"
widgets\AceGUIContainer-BlizOptionsGroup.lua:20: in function <widgets\AceGUIContainer-BlizOptionsGroup.lua:19>
<in C code>
FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:204: in function "InterfaceOptionsFrame_Show"
FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:483: in function "InterfaceOptionsFrame_OpenToCategory"
flagRSP2\flagRSP2-2.5.3 Release.lua:120: in function "OnClick"
...\BugSack\Libs\LibDBIcon-1.0\LibDBIcon-1.0-25.lua:131: in function <...\BugSack\Libs\LibDBIcon-1.0\LibDBIcon-1.0.lua:131>

Which means the problem lies in the Ace libraries FlagRSP2 uses — and maybe that explains why I don't have this issue: no small number of my addons run off Ace, so even if the embedded version in FlagRSP2 is now deprecated, I have working versions elsewhere. Maybe?
I know just enough to really get myself into trouble.
ace libraries are supposed to resolve and load only the most recent version of a given library in the wow client. try to install Ace3 as a standalone addon and this particular bug should be fixed in the most recent release of it.
Problem's been solved thanks to Lisenne and Astraa/Sinrathiel helping me out. Much thanks to both of them.

09/29/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Lito
ace libraries are supposed to resolve and load only the most recent version of a given library in the wow client. try to install Ace3 as a standalone addon and this particular bug should be fixed in the most recent release of it.

Yeah, that was essentially the problem. RSP2's lib files were looking for older versions of the interface that have been renamed since the last time the addon was updated. Sinrathiel sent me newer versions of the ace3 and I replaced them in the RSP2 lib file, which solved the issue.
USEFUL POSTING PART II

Kurze was asked to back up all of the Ace subfolders in his Interface\Addons\FlagRSP2\libs\ folder and remove them from that location. We provided him with a newer version of those libraries, culled from a recently updated addon built on Ace framework.

Blizzard made API changes in 5.0; among these was the renaming of UIPanelButtonTemplate2 to UIPanelButtonTemplate, and the deprecated Ace libs were calling this older version, making the code bomb out. A newer version of the libraries has fixed the issue.

My hypothesis was correct; addons are loaded alphabetically and Ace3 was loaded with "AllPlayed," meaning that the version embedded with FlagRSP2 was never loaded into memory.

Solution to this issue: replace outdated version of Ace libs with a version created after the API changes; FlagRSP2 continues to work.