Zandalari: Whats happening?

Story Forum
I dont know if I missed it or not, but what is the relationship with the Zandalari in MOP?
Turns out they're ancient allies of the mogu, and are getting back together again... We'll probably see more in a content patch.
There Must Always Be A Troll Dungeon.
Massive spoilers ahead!

Basically Zandalar Isle was destroyed, or nearly so, by the Cataclysm. This, combined with the problems that had befallen the other Troll empires, caused the Zandalari to become convinced that the Troll race was headed for extinction.

Their solution at the time was to unite all the Troll tribes into a single empire. While they were successful in uniting all the major tribes (minus the Darkspear), we ruined any chance they had at building up a power base in Zul'Gurub or Zul'Amman.

When the mists parted around Pandaria, a new option presented itself. They launched their own invasion of the continent's northern shores and lent aide to their ancient Mogu allies with the goal of taking part of Pandaria for themselves. One key goal was using their own magic to raise the Thunder King, the first Mogu emperor, from the dead. They have succeeded in this goal, and only time will tell what the long-term implications are.
There's also the whole "mysterious prophet Zul" thing on which we know virtually nothing.
09/26/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Kellick
There's also the whole "mysterious prophet Zul" thing on which we know virtually nothing.

I'm still worried about the rumor that Zandalar Isle sunk and they're trying to resettle in Pandaria as a new troll homeland.
09/26/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Jhanzy
WTB All trolls extinct. Worthless race.
Such a mentality only suggests a lack of imagination.
I keep thinking that we might see a mirror Horde with their core races (Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren) with a Mogu (as the Orcs), Zandalari, and Yaungol (as the Tauren) alliance. But the Yaungol just don't seem to like anyone.
09/26/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Sternbridge
But the Yaungol just don't seem to like anyone.

Which seems kinda weird. It's not really explained why they didn't go around the wall to live with the Pandaren or anything...
09/26/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Jhanzy

If it weren't for trolls, you'd be speaking bug right now.

Never forget this.
09/26/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Felya

Never forget this.

Hah! I like this.

Never forget this.

They died so we might be able to kill them in the future
09/26/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Felya

Never forget this.

We wouldn't even be alive to be able to speak bug. They'd have wiped all our ancestors off the face of the planet.

Well, except maybe the Vrykul. They'd probably be able to fight them off.
09/27/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Sternbridge

Never forget this.

We wouldn't even be alive to be able to speak bug. They'd have wiped all our ancestors off the face of the planet.

Well, except maybe the Vrykul. They'd probably be able to fight them off.
That depends... The Aqir likely would have had the numbers to overwhelm them.
09/26/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Skytotem
Which seems kinda weird. It's not really explained why they didn't go around the wall to live with the Pandaren or anything...

From my understanding they are an extremely violent and prideful culture. Most of the time they are more then capable of holding off the Mantid themselves, and it isn't until the Sha-possessed Mantid launched an offensive into their lands that they realize that staying in the Townlong Steppes is a lost cause.

However their culture wouldn't of allowed them to be content to live as refugees in Pandaren-controlled lands under any circumstances. If they needed a new land, the only way to get it is by conquering it by force.
09/26/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Draxonicar

We haven't had a troll raid since BC... It's been too long!
From my understanding they are an extremely violent and prideful culture. Most of the time they are more then capable of holding off the Mantid themselves, and it isn't until the Sha-possessed Mantid launched an offensive into their lands that they realize that staying in the Townlong Steppes is a lost cause.

However their culture wouldn't of allowed them to be content to live as refugees in Pandaren-controlled lands under any circumstances. If they needed a new land, the only way to get it is by conquering it by force.

Well yeah but... -why-? The pandaren are way less militarized than the Mantid, would've been easier to just start out on the other side of the wall, and it's not like the pandaren would've imposed their rule on them, they certainly don't with the Hozen.
Where'd be the challenge in that?
09/26/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Draxonicar

There needs to be more trolls in the dungeons.
People might want to know.