DVD/CD MoP DOES NOT NEED to be installed.

Technical Support
alright.. i am on dial up, so i have not been able to play since the last big patch before the expansion came out.... really wanting to play again. wasted a good 5 hours yesterday going through discs to reinstall the game. i had taken it off so i could put something else on to play while i had no wow. put in MoP disc and nothing happened. read the part on this thread about ONLY using the MoP discs. so i uninstalled and tried JUST MoP discs. come to find out it downloads from the internet while the disc is in there..... which was sooooooo frustrating since i had waited for the disc to be able to download the thing so i would not have to download for 3 months (on dial up, 1GB = 1 week of continuous downloading).

so... i am at my friend's house now trying to install. i am using her dsl connection and put my MoP disc in. added the game to my account. clicked install.... and it's just sitting there at 0.0%.... what do i do???? i need to figure this out before i have to leave. i do not have a laptop, so it's not simple to take my comp places to download things >.< please help.
well after 30 mins of "installing" i am at 0.1%.... although a change in the percentage is promising, i am not all that encouraged... i've been playing this game for 7 years. i really hope this is not the end. MoP sure did look like a lot of fun, but if i can't get it installed, i won't be able to play.
fyi.... it does not save your progress as you install. at about 45 mins it asked me for the second disc. wasn't sure if i was supposed to hit run or not. it didn't do anything on it's own, so i hit run. still no sounds from the comp, so i stopped and restarted. it asked me for disc one again... so back to the beginning. i sure hope this helps somebody else out because i can't find anything to help on here....
i seem to be getting +0.1% every 30 minutes... at this rate it will be done in... 500 hours? if someone could tell me why they couldn't just do a regular download disc, i might be a little less frustrated... actually no i probably wouldn't, would i?

again... any help would be greatly appreciated....
woooooooo! after another 30 mins on 0.2%, the download bar popped up and it shot up to 1%. now i can see the decimals going up. i guess it just takes it a while to get past the first part? sure wish i had known that. hopefully this helps someone else out
I just came back to wow since cata and i put the original disk in to reinstall it and its updated to patch 5.0.5 without me having to put in the burning crusade or the cata disk. When i stopped playing I unistalled everything. Is it suppose to update like this or not?
I am buying a new computer next week. This will be my first time upgrading in the past 4 years since I began playing. So, the question is - After I download and install the basic game do I need to install each expansion in sequence? BC, Wrath, Cata and then MoP? Or do I just download MoP and it will include all previous expansions? I still have all the game key codes so that is not a problem if needed.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the delayed response...

The 5.0 install includes all the expansions despite what level your account may be. It is a universal client. There should be nothing you need to install after downloading the client..there will be some patches but that is to be expected. Hope this answers your questions or anyone elses.

The DVDs contain the same 5.0 client as the downloadable client which is handy. All the previous discs are obsolete.

The CD-Keys are already assigned to your account. That is how the new client determines what expansion data you have access to.
So I bought MOP, went to install it... It was froze at 0.4% for a day, tried again, same result. The disks both only appear to have a setup file and nothing else. I am running Windows 7 64bit. I "Fixed" it by adding the game key on my CD packaging and then going about downloading it, but what do I do with 2 useless DVDs that came in the box?

Complete computer specs are:

AMD Phenom 2 1090T
8GB ram
Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Service Pack 1
1TB HD with 671GB free
20mB internet connection.
Radeon 6750 Video Card.
Blue-Ray opical Drive.
The 5.0 install includes all the expansions despite what level your account may be. It is a universal client. There should be nothing you need to install after downloading the client..there will be some patches but that is to be expected. Hope this answers your questions or anyone elses.

The DVDs contain the same 5.0 client as the downloadable client which is handy. All the previous discs are obsolete..

Ouch! Just read the instuctions in the MOP game manual and decided to check here to confirm. Could have saved myself a 20 GB (with about 3GB to go) download.
Silly, silly me.
OK just to clarify,

I haven't played since Deathwing got torn a new one.

I'm a tightarse and have limited downloads that could be much better used on Walking Dead and Game of Thrones episodes.

Am I better of to uninstall to save the 18 gig download that will net cap me for the rest of the month?
If you have an issue, please create a NEW thread, and avoid necroing old threads. Thank you ^.^