A solution for ques, your thoughts?

Frostmourne
I was thinking, Blizz should have temp servers purely for que overflow. They can play on there with their 'locked out server' toons while they wait and the que still progresses, with onscreen information; and when a spot becomes free, you automatically get switched over to the main server.

What do you guys think?
I know a really great solution for the queues, wanna know?

Patience, integrity and the acceptance of the fact that if you want a corporation to spend more money than they do, you're going to have a very hard time.

It works really well, the queues don't feel nearly as bad!

Not that you don't have a right to be disappointed and let down in some way. But just as you weren't born a child in the Rothschild family, many things in life are unfair, and all we can do is deal with it.
You're wasting your time explaining things Esch. I think.
Send anyone who transferred here during cata back to their old realm would also work quite nicely.

That said I would lose a lot of friends if that were to happen ;_;
wow i log out for 1hr to get dinner come back and the cue is 2863.........seriously why let so many people populate a server if its going to take according to my cue timer excess of 2hrs to get into the game, and really changing realm to a lower populated realm is just a stupid response. I mean im not sure what solution blizz would come up with but it has to be better then logging for a short period to get food or whatever and coming back and having to wait hours to get back into the game. Please sort your !@#$ out when it comes to server pop blizz
you would think that the 10+($12/m) million player base would pay for increased server capacity to deal with these issues.

the simple idiotic way of coping with this is by saying "deal with it" i guess.
09/26/2012 03:06 AMPosted by Crashkart
i log out
Well theres your problem!

Programmable keyboards represent.
The estimated time jumped up to 1000 minutes O_O on mine a while back. Been in queue for nearly 3 hrs; second queue today
Send anyone who transferred here during cata back to their old realm would also work quite nicely.

That said I would lose a lot of friends if that were to happen ;_;

Suddenly, Squid disappears.
good riddance
I wonder if they could merge a full server with a low pop one as a single logical server to increase capacity when needed; yet still have the two separate realms. Dynamic servers based on population etc
09/26/2012 03:10 AMPosted by Squid
Suddenly, Squid disappears.

hahaha. Thats a little drastic but i definatly wish they monitored the servers a little better, mabey even giving cue preference to those of us who havent been gone for months and come running back when a new xpack comes out
09/26/2012 03:05 AMPosted by Orchitis
You're wasting your time explaining things Esch. I think.

We would be lost if we didn't try in some form.

The only truly bad thing that happened this week was the mass server-side disconnections that saw people who logged in early in advance be put in queues.

Queues may not be appealing, but if people invested so much emotions into them, why would they play on one of the largest US servers? No one gets excited over queues, especially on release days, but it isn't the end of your life. If you want transfers to lower population servers, create mass appeal about allowing free, or if failing that, discounted transfers to those servers. See what your guilds or friends who play think about the idea and get them on board.

And if you want to place blame, don't place it on the people trying to do a job. Find out who makes the decisions that make your ideal conditions impossible, and focus all of your grief and hatred on them. For tips, it's the company Vivendi who makes these decisions.
09/26/2012 03:20 AMPosted by Eschatonin
why would they play on one of the largest US servers?

Pretty sure frostmourne is a oceanic server. Also FML just had a wow error now back to 2800 cue WHAT THE?????? This is ridiculous for a games ive paid to play for years and this still happens no wonder Blizz is losing so many people because they just dont step it up
Maybe the upcoming rolling restart will be a chance to get it? Make sure to be quick.

09/26/2012 03:18 AMPosted by Crashkart
mabey even giving cue preference to those of us who havent been gone for months

I like the thing about queue preference. Maybe give people who play it 8-12+ hours a day a lower queue preference and people who play less higher preference. Alot of the problem with it being full is people AFK for ages and hardcore players that play ALL day. The rest is just filler of regular players
so wait we arnt meant to complain if millions of players are paying $12-16 a month and only recieve an oversized panda starting zone.

i would of thought some money would go to increasing server capacity
09/26/2012 03:34 AMPosted by Swaghammer
i would of thought some money would go to increasing server capacity

Yea I totally agree. They could of done an increase of all highly populated servers pre-release anticipating the servers to get filled up OR upon release assess which servers need additional capacity, ours being on of them to.

Another idea is to perhaps pause game time usage while in queue so it doesn't get used while waiting. The subscription end time just gets pushed forward the more you wait.
Have a good look at those Terms and Conditions that you agreed to. You aren't obliged to pay for another month of the game if you do not wish to. Plus this only happens once every 1.75-2 years. We don't even get queues on regular sunday afternoons, like I remember on Dath'remar several months before Wrath came out.

Also, most people are actually online enjoying the game.
so your argument is basically, blizzard says this is okay, so that means its okay & that theres no room for consumer input

gotcha
Have a good look at those Terms and Conditions that you agreed to. You aren't obliged to pay for another month of the game if you do not wish to. Plus this only happens once every 1.75-2 years. We don't even get queues on regular sunday afternoons, like I remember on Dath'remar several months before Wrath came out.

Also, most people are actually online enjoying the game.
Logic does not work here unfortunately. Play on a FULL realm that's status has been FULL since late bc and cry about queues on an expansion pack launch? people are stupid. Go to aman'thul if you want to play without a queue, we don't want you anyway.