Lack of DK tank gear

Death Knight
What's with tank gear from quests/dungeons not having any mastery on it? My mastery has been crushed after re-gearing and I find I'm being destroyed even with the extra avoidance.
Really? I've been getting heaps of tanking gear. What I'm not getting is DPS gear. :\

EDIT: Oh, sorry. Didn't see that you're not getting mastery tank gear.

I've just been reforging parry to mastery every now and then, my mastery has been going down, but it's not that bad. Just gotta roll with it, I suppose.
Really? I've been getting heaps of tanking gear. What I'm not getting is DPS gear. :\

I've just been reforging parry to mastery every now and then, my mastery has been going down, but it's not that bad. Just gotta roll with it, I suppose.

Just reforged then, still a pathetic amount of mastery..

If you want DPS gear switch out of tank spec before you turn in the quest.
I been wondering this myself. At 85 i had 175% mastery. After replacing all my gear with quest gear im bairly at 100% buffed. What gives? are we being driven away from mastery on our gear?

If you want DPS gear switch out of tank spec before you turn in the quest.
I've been questing as unholy. But barely any of the gear I've found so far is better than what I currently had.

Oh well, just have to wait.

09/27/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Aglovale
I been wondering this myself. At 85 i had 175% mastery. After replacing all my gear with quest gear im bairly at 100% buffed. What gives? are we being driven away from mastery on our gear?
No, we're not being driven away from mastery. It's just that as you level, your stats diminish. It's a new expansion and we're at the bottom of the barrel in terms of stats again, at level 85 we had pretty much capped stats, can't expect the same thing at the start because otherwise, what's the point of gearing up.

Also, to OP. Mate, you just have to roll with it and do the best you can. Personally, I've been able to survive quite well. Solo tanked half of first boss in shado pan monastery with no problems at all. Just time your death strikes better and use blood tap if you're not using it already.
09/27/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Aglovale

start of expansion.
if you had the same amount of mastery you had near endgame at 85 you wouldnt have room to grow at the new level cap of 90 and the following tiers.

tanks never started an expansion totally ctc capped why should mop be any different?
just be patient, there is alot of tank gear with mastery in the dread wastes which youll want to complete for gear to easily gain entry into the lvl 90 "heroics".
using my current gear that I got while questing, mostly from the dread wastes I basically swapped frost and blood a bit and to a point could maybe get away with tanking 5 mans in my dps gear for all I know. Gearing up both specs is going to take a lil I wager. So far from brewfest I did get a stam and dodge trinkets though my avoidance is crap. Using mostly dps gear I have like 15% parry with sword shattering and 6% dodge. This all basically tells me it's time to actually have to use tanking CD's again to survive a little.
09/26/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Reknarok
I feel your pain.

Ran 2 dungeons with my brother yesterday, he walked out with 4 pieces of tank gear that dropped. I walked out with nothing.
Xblade
88 Orc Death Knight
I'm also cheesed that there isn't a epic 2 hander from heroics, but theres other epic weapons.

wrong. Mogu'Dar Blade of the thousand Slaves. 476 BoE dropping off of last mogu'shan palace boss, just not implemented in dungeon journal / atlasloot . People have reported looting it.
Xblade
88 Orc Death Knight
I'm also cheesed that there isn't a epic 2 hander from heroics, but theres other epic weapons.

wrong. Mogu'Dar Blade of the thousand Slaves. 476 BoE dropping off of last mogu'shan palace boss, just not implemented in dungeon journal / atlasloot . People have reported looting it.

Ehhhh, it's only Hit/Crit. Honestly I think the Mastery/Expertise 463 would be better for tanking.
09/28/2012 11:40 PMPosted by Serrias
Ehhhh, it's only Hit/Crit. Honestly I think the Mastery/Expertise 463 would be better for tanking.

still, the stam/str upgrade is better to have than lacking a few points of mastery.
Lightbreaker Greatsword is definitely the best atm from what I've found.

still, the stam/str upgrade is better to have than lacking a few points of mastery.

It's not just a few.

1523 - 1349 = 174 Stam
1015 - 899 = 116 Str
If it was between gaining the above or 683 Mastery, our highest valued stat, I'd go with the Mastery every single time.
IDK, i think the gear is fine. im finding plenty.
There is gear that drops that has expertise/mastery on it. It's better than nothing. Even though it doesn't have avoidance on it.
Mastery gear is a little slim for tanks, however it's the start of the expansion, having 200% shields like the end of cata right off the bat would make lots of the content very easy.

100-120% now is fine, growing 25-40% each raid tier would put us just over 200% again if blizzard follows the usual 3-4 tiers per expansion trend.