Dota 2

Games, Gaming and Hardware
So, was searching through my emails awhile ago and saw that I got an invite for Dota 2! Only thing is that I have very limited experience with Moba games. I never played the first Dota and I've played a few hours of Co-op matches in LoL. On easy.

Is there anyway for me to dip my feet into Dota 2 and learn how to play without being some newbie burden on whoever is on my team?
So, was searching through my emails awhile ago and saw that I got an invite for Dota 2! Only thing is that I have very limited experience with Moba games. I never played the first Dota and I've played a few hours of Co-op matches in LoL. On easy.

Is there anyway for me to dip my feet into Dota 2 and learn how to play without being some newbie burden on whoever is on my team?

Unfortunately, I highly doubt you'll be able to avoid the newbie burden. However, there are ways you can lessen it. I would recommend going through some bot games and learning all of the heroes, as that's easily the biggest step towards seeming less newbie. If you can understand what each hero does and have a general idea of what their moves do, how far they can attack from, and in general how they play, you're doing great.

Nope. All you can do is practice.