Pet Battles
Prev 1 11 12 13 15 Next
Saarebas, Grizzly Hills

Zen Pet Hunter 10/10
Master Pet Hunter 10/03
Going to Need More Traps 10/02
Building a Team 10/02
He's Mine! 10/01

Not sure which are supposed to get trap upgrades, so I listed the whole set. I know that I have seen the tooltip pop up with achieves saying I should get upgraded trap, but I still have starter trap, starter graphic, and fail 8-9 times capturing northrend critters. More than a bit annoying, as I can go from half health on my pets when I start the capture, and the enemy pet will kill at least one of my pets during the capture process. All characters on my account are using the old trap, and Saarebas is the one all the achieves were earned on.
I have over 300 pets and no change in graphic, tool tip, or performance. Bornean Tundra, toon name Arrlowyn
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

No change to my trap, this toon, Realm Velen
as of 10.10.12 and hotfix patch 5.0.5b STILL no strong trap. got going to need more traps on 9.30.12 on HARUSPEX - FIRETREE with no updated trap no updated tool tip no updated icon.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

@_@
This toon, on a Starter Edition account, got her Strong Trap for the achievement. Plus the image has changed to a 2 doored wood and iron barred trap.
But on a separate, upgraded to MoP Delux account, my level 30 Troll Hunter, who is now a Zen Pet Master (captured over 200 pets) still has not received his Strong Trap for the same achievement.
Bazaar!
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

Still no strong trap for me. Cyclopse - Velen
I posted a couple days ago and still haven't gotten my upgraded traps. I've pet-battled on a couple new characters and they, also, lack the upgraded traps.

I don't expect the blue to fix us all individually (though it was my impression that that was the plan, when the early responders got fixed) - I would really like to be told what I CAN do.

If I need to submit a ticket, I will. If I need to wait, I will. I just want to know what the plan is.
Not fixed
10/10/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Kemmie
If I need to submit a ticket, I will. If I need to wait, I will. I just want to know what the plan is.

I don't think submitting a ticket will help. At least, when I did it I waited a week to get a form letter that boiled down to "I've lovingly handcrafted a report to the devs on this bug just for you, you special person! Now please use the bug report feature instead of wasting my time again *fist bump*." So I take it there's nothing GMs can do to individually fix accounts.
As far as I can tell my trap has still not turned into a strong trap. At least there has been no change of trap look, tool tip, or rate of missing that I have noticed. This is the character that I normally do pet battles on.
Maat, Frostwolf server

Going to Need More Traps 9/25/12
still same trap graphic, still same trap animations, still same basic trap tooltip, still crappy trap chance :(

As a bonus, also got That's a lot of Pet Food and Time to Open a Pet Store on 10/8/12 and never got the Jade Tentacle or Venus, and Taming the World is still incomplete at 43/45 trainers.
Since the hotfix I still only have a basic trap on all my characters. I dont even see it as a reward on the acheivement that I originally earned it from.
Dahkra @ Staghlem. no change in the trap. I got the achievement before the hotfix.
You can always count on missing the first THREE traps, it would be nice to catch one on the first toss, even LOWER level pets still take 3-4 tries.
what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

My Shaman Endreagoe, got the achievement Capture 50 pets in a pet battle. 9/30/12

Still have normal trap and cage icon

Pytlak on Wyrmrest Accord. I have the achievement, but no change in trap.

I've also noticed several of the achievement counters (as well as associated achievement awards) don't update until I logout, then log back in. The trap, however, has not updated.
Katrisa on Gilneas > Still having this problem on all my characters. The graphic has not changed and the tooltip has not changed. I should have both achievements at this point.
Mine is the same as everyone else here, still basic wooden icon with no tool tip change
Character: Gerrai
Server: Shu'halo

Not sure which achievement unlocks the strong trap. But currrently I am at master pet hunter as of 10/07

Going to need more traps was unlocked at 9/29

building a team and he's mine were unlocked at 9/25
I do not have the strong trap even though I did get the achievement that said that I was supposed to
I'm on Vashj and also have not received the upgraded traps. Still having issues with the safari achievements too not counting pets.