Strong Pet Trap?

Pet Battles
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
Grymik on Rexxar. I have Strong trap, but no change. Still failing 3 tries in a row and no visual change to trap.
Ruzgofdi on Zangarmarsh. Earned "Going to need more Traps" on 9/26/12. Graphic still looks like the trap I started with, and I've not noticed any improvement in trapping chances since earning th achievement.
Even after this supposed "fix" I'm still lobbing lousy wooden crates at pets and reasonably unsuccessful at it, to boot. :I Having had to endure this for capturing 200+ wild pets is maddening, and I'd like to be able to fill out the rest of my collection without wanting to eat my hands in frustration when the trap misses 5 times in a row.

Piazzolla on Kirin Tor.
Yeah mine isn't fixed either, caught 143 pets now and still no trap upgrade (tooltip says 20% chance, graphic is the same wooden crate, tooltip image is the same too). Bearzhuzade, Khaz'goroth
Kapira on Mal'Ganis. No change to my trap at all :( Got achievement on 9/28
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

Earned the achievement "Going to Need More Traps" on 10/01/12
Character: Tomeshi
Realm: Gnomeregan
Trap Art: Basic / Starter

<< Tooltip >>
Trap Type: Trap
Chance: 20%

Blizzard Hot Fixes if you expect them to work your in for a bad time.
Kianlar on Wyrmrest Accord

Got my strong trap soon after MoP dropped (I did nothing but battle), but still have the old art and the same stats as previously. I can miss many times in a row. (Oddly, I've rarely missed six or seven times in a row, which should be impossible at +20% each fail...)
Tonight I received "Going to need More Traps" achievement. I did receive the new cage and the tooptip did update.
Had the achievement for awhile now. when the hotfix was applied the animation tooltip and name have not changed across all my toons on Moonrunner..... to include this one
Angeline on Wyrmrest Accord

Still got the original wooden crate trap after earning the achievement Going to Need More Traps. (Achievement buried under Zen Pet Hunter achievement, which I have).

Very frustrating as I'm currently trying to catch pets in Pandaria now. I need to toss my crate like 5 times for each capture, meanwhile my pet keeps taking a beating.
Earned the achievement "Going to Need More Traps" on 30/09/12
Character: Kerath
Realm: Nagrand
Trap Art: Basic / Starter

<< Tooltip >>
Trap Type: Trap
Chance: 20%
I'm all the way through Zen Pet Hunter after achieving Master Pet Hunter and Going to Need More Traps and there has been no change to trap name, tooltip, color, etc. Disappointing when it takes 3-5 tries at least to trap even the low pets.
Jup my Trap is bad too

Realm: Dragonmaw
Character: Warla
10/10/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Kianlar
Got my strong trap soon after MoP dropped (I did nothing but battle), but still have the old art and the same stats as previously. I can miss many times in a row. (Oddly, I've rarely missed six or seven times in a row, which should be impossible at +20% each fail...)

that's not how probability works... something with a 20% chance is NOT guaranteed to happen in 5 tries... in fact the probability it will happen within 5 tries is:

1 - (1 - .20) x (1 - .20) x (1 - .20) x (1 - .20) x (1 - .20) = .6723 = 67.23%

in other words, it will MISS five times in a row about a third of the time...!

that being said, i'm pretty sure it NEVER misses 5 times... i have NEVER seen it miss 5 times and i have done hundreds of captures... i think if it misses 4 times it will guarantee a capture on the fifth try... though i am only level 60, so it might change in higher lands...

as for the point of the thread... i TOO have NOT seen any graphic change (still a crate), still missing up to 4 times in a row typically about 2 or 3 tries gets it done on average, and there is no way other than doing a statistical run of hundreds to be sure if it has changed to being a higher capture rate (which i assume the improvement does)...

it's possible trap rate is also affected by health of target... so that could make it near impossible to verify one way or another... and basing it on gut opinion or impression isn't reliable, we humans tend to notice misses much more than hits...

so it's possible i don't have the trap upgrade either...
Been putting in tickets and bug reports since day three about the traps and dailies not resetting. At least now they have some idea of the problem., even if they haven't fixed the trap for all of us. 950 battles now, 380 pets, and still trap not fixed.

On a side note, does either of the Snowy Owl or Qiraji Guardling spawn at present? Considering they are Winter/Summer spawns, shouldnt one of them be spawning? And is it intentional that no-one will be able to finish this achievemnt for 6 months, give or take a week or two

Wharf rat and Crimson Moth still not showing as caught, Dragonhawks and Cockatiel are sold pets, not tamable. Or do we get the achieve for Eastern Kingdoms Safari anyway with that bug?
Reading the note on the trap doesn't seem like a explanation of chance and probability is warranted Pando .

"Capture chance is increased by 20% each time you fail." I think it's a stretch to read that as referring to a compound 20% of the previous chance.

I have indeed have it take the full 6 attempts before it works, which makes sense. If it starts at anything less than 20%, then its not going to have a 100% success rate until it fails 5 times.

I do not know if, say, after three attempts and the pet heals itself above 35% requiring you to take more of its health again, if that means the chance of capture total is reset to original starting point.
signed in today and I now have my strong trap and it is catching pets in 1-4 throws instead of the 4-8 so that makes me happy
You know, every time I say I can't find something, I immediately find it.

Gosh darn that giraffe calf, I can never find it! *waits*
As of Tuesday, I still do not have my strong trap either
as of today still no pet traps and ive caught around 300ish pets