Radeon 6950, 23 fps.

Technical Support
Prev 1 4 5 6

I have received your ticket and understand that you are experiencing some lag issues while playing World of Warcraft. I am sorry to hear that! I hope it hasn't affected your game play too negatively.

Lag could be caused by a number of factors.

I would recommend starting with optimizing your internet connection. Information on how to do this can be found here: http://us.battle.net/support/article/8500089

Next, I would visit this page about high latency issues: http://us.battle.net/support/article/716
It contains important information about user interface conflicts, realm statuses and hardware updates.

The trouble shooting in the above article should resolve most issues. If not, I would recommend sending us in a trace route. Information on how to do this can be found in the above article at the very bottom of the page.

If you are still having issues, please reply with the system files and logs. Attach any text files in the 'WarcraftIII\Errors' and 'WarcraftIII\Logs' folder to your reply along with two files, your dxdiag.txt and msinfo.txt, for further diagnosis. To obtain the systems diagnostic files, follow the instructions in the link below:

Important Note: Please reboot your system prior to creating the dxdiag and msinfo files.

I hope that the information I have provided can assist you in resolving your issue. If your problem persists, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Tori M.
Account & Technical Services
Blizzard Entertainment

10/27/2012 1:33 PM

Nick Madel

Raevanduil @ Greymane

My ticket was not resolved. I responded because the support I was given was irrelevant to my problem which was framerate, not latency. Blizzard employees should know the difference by now. I'm tired of being shoved in the corner to see if I forget about this. I've paid for this game and it's expansions and I expect to be assisted when I have a problem until the problem is solved. My issues was not resolved. I expect help in resolving it.

11/6/2012 12:19 AM

Customer Service Representative

Greetings ,

Framerate issues are generally related to hardware in some way but can also be caused by odd file corruption issues from time to time. Please try these troubleshooting steps:

1) Visit the following link and verify your system hardware meets the Minimum System Requirements needed to run World of Warcraft:

2) Adjust the in-game graphical settings to a lower configuration. Most settings can be adjusted through the Options Menu by pressing the Escape key (ESC) while in the game. From the Options menu, press the Options button in order to lower your video settings. Make sure your resolution is set to 800x600 and move the sliders to the left in this menu as well. If you are still experiencing slow game play, while still in the Options window go to the Sound tab. In this tab try turning off all sound and music to see if it affects your game play.

3) Be sure you have the latest video, sound, and motherboard drivers. More information on identifying your video and sound driver versions can be found at:

Motherboard drivers should be available on your motherboard or system manufacturer's site. Links to manufacturers' web sites can be found at:

4) Check that you have the latest available updates for Windows by visiting Microsoft's website at:

5) Make sure there are no other background applications running in the computer's memory. Please try closing all background applications or booting in a Selective Startup, as explained on our support site:

6) With the game closed please try moving or deleting your WTF, CACHE, and INTERFACE folders out of your World of Warcraft directory. These are temporary cache files that will be recreated by the game the next time you launch. Moving them to the desktop makes it easy to replace them if necessary. For a step by step guide for removing these folders for your operating system, please visit:
Once these folders have been removed, try the game once again to see if this has helped.

7) Try running the game in OpenGL mode and without sound.

- Right-click on the World of Warcraft icon you use to start the game, then select Properties from the menu.
- In the Target field, add "-opengl" and "-nosound" after the last quotation mark
Example: "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft.exe" -opengl -nosound
- Click OK
- Try the game now with the icon you just modified.

*Note* These options will not take effect unless the option "Show Launcher" is enabled at the Login screen.

You can also try running the game in a window by adding "-windowed" to the line as explained above. If you try all three options at the same time, make sure that there is a space between each option.

NOTE: The OpenGL and No Sound options are only for troubleshooting purposes. Please continue with the following troubleshooting steps in order to help isolate the problem.

8) Check your hard disk for errors by following the instructions on our ScanDisk/Defrag page:

9) If your issue continues, please attach your dxdiag.txt and msinfo.txt for further analysis:

*Note* Please reboot your system prior to creating the DXDIAG and MSINFO files.

For Windows Vista/7:

To obtain the DXDIAG file:

1. Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) and the "R" key at the same time.
2. In the prompt that appears, type DXDIAG and press Enter or click "OK" to open the DirectX diagnostic tool.
3. Click on the "Save All Information" Button (save this file to your Windows Desktop and name it dxdiag).

To obtain the MSINFO file:

1. Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) and the "R" key at the same time.
2. In the prompt that appears, type MSINFO32 and press Enter or click "OK" to open the MSINFO diagnostic panel.
3. Click "File" in the top left then click "Export" - this will prompt you to choose a location to save the file.
4. When the "Export As" window appears, choose to save your file to the Desktop.
5. Click "Save"

For Windows XP/2000:

Important! - Please reboot your system prior to creating the DXDIAG and MSINFO files.

2. In the prompt that appears, type DXDIAG and press Enter or click "OK" to open the DirectX diagnostic tool.
3. Click on the "Save All Information" Button (save this file to your Windows desktop and name it dxdiag).
4. Click on the "More Help" tab and open the Microsoft system information tool (MSInfo).
5. Click on "File" and choose "Export" (save this file to your Windows Desktop as a text file and name it msinfo). Please make sure to save this file as a .txt file and NOT as a .nfo file.

"Please attach these files to your ticket.
- Attachment must be under 5MB
- Attachments must be in BMP, JPG, GIF, TXT, or TGA format
- Make sure that all attachments (up to 4 files allowed) meet the recommended requirements. Security concerns may cause files with other formats or files that are too large to be filtered or deleted without response."

Game Master Uridet
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

11/7/2012 6:30 AM

Nick Madel

Raevanduil @ Greymane

None of these worked. Initially, my WTF folder wouldn't let me delete it even under administrator permissions. I uninstalled World of Warcraft, and when it finished it said WTF folder could not be uninstalled and was listed in an errors window. I just reinstalled the game, and I still have the same problem despite having what looks like a new WTF folder, since I can delete this one.

I don't know if it matters but before I uninstalled the game my characters were showing up in the old character backgrounds on the character select screen. Now they're in the updated ones.

11/10/2012 12:54 AM

Hello Nick,

Thanks for contacting us today. I have something I would like for you to try.
On the Launcher, please go to Game Preferences and then click Launch 32-bit client.

Also, try changing the Graphics API to Directx9.

Please let me know if this issue continues.

Thanks and have a great day.

Ashlee B.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

11/10/2012 12:29 PM

Nick Madel

Raevanduil @ Greymane

Neither of these options changed anything.

11/10/2012 12:45 PM

Hi Nick,

Thanks for contacting us today,
For us to be able to diagnose the problem further, I require a fresh set of diagnostic files to confirm that every change we've recommended has taken place.

Could you please follow the instructions at http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/request-for-system-files-dxdiag-msinfo-and-error-reports and attach the results to this ticket?

Account & Technical Services Rep Kallafrax
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

11/10/2012 2:49 PM

Nick Madel

Raevanduil @ Greymane

An Errors folder does not exist in my World of Warcraft folder.

11/10/2012 7:20 PM

Hello Nick,

This is Brian from Blizzard Account and Technical support. I am happy to provide you with some information. We apologize for the long response times. The Mists of Pandaria has us all pretty busy.

I am not sure if you simply disabled AVG when you went through the step about shutting down background applications; however it is a bit different with Security Software. AVG will need a AVG removal tool from here: http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities. Remove it with the utility just whiule you torubleshoot this. Put it back when you are done.

Also Curse is still running on startup. Please uninstall Curse completely, then delete the interface folder again. Connect your machine to the internet using an Ethernet cable as to bypass the router(if you are using one). Try the game. Does that make any difference?

If you have any questions about this or any other issue, feel free to reply to this ticket or submit a new one.

Account & Technical Services Rep Brian K
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

11/10/2012 8:41 PM

Nick Madel

Raevanduil @ Greymane

My computer is always connected via ethernet cable. I deleted AVG and Curse and the Cache, Interface, and WTF files, and nothing changed.

11/10/2012 10:13 PM

Nick Madel

Raevanduil @ Greymane

I don't know if it matters but when I delete those 3 folders, the graphics settings get set to "good" on the slider. I don't know if WoW uses an autodetect system for GPU settings, but if it does, it should be detecting considerably higher than that for a Radeon HD 6950 with the latest drivers.

11/10/2012 10:15 PM

Thank you for your continued communication regarding your issue.

Relooking over the files that you sent in, it appears that running the game in 1920 x 1080 resolution on your Graphics card and on your computer, is working just fine. The previous Game Masters were providing too much assistance in your case. The only way to get a better Frame Rate with your computer is to lower the resolution and other game settings. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

If you still need to contact us regarding another Technical issue, please feel free to do so! I want to make sure that everything has been resolved properly. I hope you continue to enjoy your adventures!

Warmest Regards,

Game Master Rilnoth
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

27 minutes ago

Nick Madel

Raevanduil @ Greymane

So basically what you're telling me is that lowering the graphical settings the game is run in, improves performance.

I know this already. The point of this ticket is that I'm running the game in 1920 x 1080 resolution with a Radeon HD 6950 video card. That card should play this game at all ultra settings and have significantly higher than 23 frames per second just standing still in Jade Forest. Why does no one understand that my problem is that the game does not work as it's supposed to? I've tried 2 different Radeon Cards, a 6950 and a 6750, and both of them get the exact same frame rate at ultra settings. 23. That should not be the case. I should be getting FPS in the 60-100 range.

Now, I'm going to give you a few other details as to how this problem is happening, and you're going to stop trying to spin me in circles hoping I'll give up on a problem you don't seem to know anything about.

And don't for one second think this is an excuse to try and spin different problem solutions on me. These are all related to the same problem and you know it. Or maybe you don't. Either way, fix it.

The game has graphical problems. The biggest one is that it's FPS won't go above 23, but some other symptoms I've noticed are that no matter what graphical setting's I'm on, Darnassus has no ground-clutter. Neither does the Blood Elf starting zone. Textures are also very low res. There are no shadows either. Changing the graphical settings for shadows does not change this.

Now give me a better answer than some automated response from some binder full of automated responses.

"The only way to get a better Frame Rate with your computer is to lower the resolution and other game settings."

So you're telling me that you've broken the game, and in order to play it my high-end graphics card, which runs incredibly hot when trying to run this game by the way, is just SOL? Are you serious? This game ran fine before the 5.0 update. NO graphical problems. Afterwards, not so much.

How does no one see this as incredibly unprofessional?!

Are you EFFING kidding me? FIX THE PROBLEM BLIZZARD. You changed something in this game with the 5.0 patch that seriously f***ed this game up with my video card. Figure out how to fix it. I paid for this game for 6 years and all of the expansions, I deserve to at least get a problem fixed without having to be spun in 7 different directions and then told I'm just out of luck, and that's how the game is now. That's bollocks and you know it.
oh my god i thought it was my computer had really been overheated , i used alot of programs and found that no games have this issue my lag in WoW is stupid its so damn choppy now low frames on a i7 quad core w/ 6950 2G i should never get under 80 frames even on high something defenitley was done here im 85 and on trial was considering picking up MoP but if this isnt fixed by tuesday im not paying this month
I'm so sick of this bull!@#$.
I even send them screenshots of the missing shadows and ground clutter and they still tell me that MoP changed graphical requirements. Like that explains why the game's broken.
I also have a Raedon HD 6950. My FPS in world is around 40-60fps, in org 30-50. My FPS in BGs is around 80-120.

While my fps should be higher, I dont have the horrible problems it seems like you're having. HOWEVER, I am having a problem in world. When I'm flying forward, my graphics stutter, around twice a second. It's incredibly annoying and I've posted on the tech forums about it. It seems to be very pronounced in MOP zones.

As usual, I was given the normal try this, try that. I'm no fool so of course I had tried it all already. Eventually, another person posted on my thread saying others have experienced this, and that it was the game and not my system. The tech support agent who was helping me has not responded since that. And that's something that's pretty outrageous. That once someone commented that this could be Blizzard's problem, he just stopped posting.

My specs:

Intel i5-2500k @3.3GHZ
Raedon HD 6950 - 1gig
16gig RAM, 2x4gig Gskill Ripjaw, 2x4gig PNY electronics
Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Motherboard

My system should crush this game. And it's pretty unacceptable that Blizzard isn't fixing these issues or at least owning up to the problems being on their end.
The supervisor for the agent I called (out of frustration of the stupidity of the GM's) told me that my game was fine, and then set my ticket to "resolved."

Except that it isn't resolved, and I'm never playing this game again.
I bought the XFX R7770 4 months ago and did fine until MOP patch 5.1 came out. Now I get 19 fps everywhere and the game stutter stops every few seconds which is annoying. It's no fun after playing in Ultra all this time to go back to choppy game play.

Actually I'm wondering if Blizzard and Nvidia have a deal going and trying to bump Radeon out of their game. I wish they would tell us outright which card runs it the best so I can quit wasting my money.

Very sad 5 year player here.
Has anyone made sure of what their CPU is clocked at? For some reason, mine was locked at around 1.6ghz.

Changing that to 3.4 like it should have been gave me over 40FPS everywhere in Pandaria, where before I only had ~16-24.

Btw, I have an i5 3570k.
Wow...i was going to make my own forum about this issue but so many have popped up already haha. Seriously tho blizzard wtf!? i was on ultra before this horrendous patch u guys put forth causing my ui to jump around in the 20's every second i play causing my paladin to look like hes fighting in a rave. Fix it. Ur losing a lot of customers due to this issue and u seem to be turning a blind eye to it. Its not our systems. Its your poorly written software with this patch that is making for a horrible gaming experience! I love wow and have for years...but this !@#$ has just made the game unplayable for me. So until it is resolved, u wont get another game time card bought from me.
@ Kalthorne

please create your own thread . please post your wow config file and a dxdiag in your own thread.

To obtain the DxDiag file:
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type DxDiag and press Enter.
3.In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
4.Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save
Obviously as time goes on, we're seeing more and more detail / shadows be put into the game. Jade Forest (such as by Tian Monastary) does finally nick my FPS a little bit too. But since WoW is still MMO, it's relying on CPU horsepower first and GPU second (usually). For those who built new systems, are they OC'd at all?

I suppose that one feels for as "simple" as a game that WoW is that the system should handle it fine but we're used to older levels of detail I think. Now that WoW is pushing systems to unplayability as some of you say, it's always a mixture of coding VS less powerful hardware as to which is to blame (usually a mixture of both). Something could also not be as efficient in the new patches perhaps but that's odd of it to totally kill your FPS. Was there a patch version where you guys had better FPS? Did it just drop on the latest one?

I'm on a Xeon at 3.6 and Jade Forest still holds 60+ for me at all times on Ultra. Only in the monastary area thus far does it go into the 50s or rarely, upper 40s.

For the 3770K owner, that's quite surprising. I wonder if it's similar to GW2 in that going from High to Ultra shadows is what's killing you?
For what it's worth I have 2 PC's running WoW MoP in my home,. One is all AMD based, Phenom ii 965 BE, OC to approx 3750GHZ and an MSI/AMD 7770 2GB OC edition vid card Win 8 pro. I have been struggling with frame rates on this PC for a while now, changing many many things even went crossfire X but only made it worse : / 4gb memory to 8gb, all game settings (recommended high on all) etc. etc.. Most of my issues are in but not limited to 25 man and world boss content dipping to 15-30 fps and sometimes worse. The 2nd PC is an older Dell studio 8100 w/ first gen i7 @2.93GHZ and an ATI 5770 1GB vid card. Now Blizz recommends ultra for all settings on this machine neither of then have an ssd card or any fancy memory btw and this machine destroys WoW never dipping below 60 fps under any circumstance. My conclusion is that this game has become very VERY processor dependent with a lot more numbers to crunch than ever before and the Intel chip is allowing for a better playing experience. Thanx for reading..
Interesting Ive got an R9-270
which is a bit slower than your 7970, I was having some issues with other games and the new Beta drivers from AMD (Newest CCC beta) fixed things up for me.