This pet is too OP

Pet Battles
The clockwork gnome ability Build Turret is way overpowered when they can have 2 turrets at once. It's quite ridiculous!
Not if u go up against an elemental. Its just a pet that requires you choose the proper counter. An elemental pet can beat it down. I mean, Lil' Ragnaros wipes the floor with it and other pets like the molten hatchling or lava crab have a specific counter to created objects. Its not OP, its interesting and different and requires a strategy.
I don't mind it (if I would stop hitting only level 25 ones). My strategy is 'gnome makes rocket' ... grunty shields. rocket gets blocked .. grunty hits like a ton of bricks (grunty is only 22 so far so still working out the kinks but I've taken one 25 gnome out this way)
the only OP pet was the pandaren monk but that was due to a broken ability that has since then been fixed. thank god, but its still a very strong pet :(
09/27/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Skaeld
Not if u go up against an elemental. Its just a pet that requires you choose the proper counter. An elemental pet can beat it down. I mean, Lil' Ragnaros wipes the floor with it and other pets like the molten hatchling or lava crab have a specific counter to created objects. Its not OP, its interesting and different and requires a strategy.

Yeah, I'm leveling up a couple of elementals to counter it. And I plan to work on gettign my own Clockwork Gnome too. :o)
Oddly enough, the Feline Familiar can eat all the bullets with her shield ability. Unfortnately, it's weak against all the other attacks Clockwork throws at it. (But if someone throws down a turret and then switches pets, it's neat.)
Hint: if a gnome puts up three turrets and you respond with thorns, dead gnome.

(what I'm not entirely sure is intended is the turret never misses and can hit burrowed enemies ... a combination that makes it enormously useful against a wide variety of evasion)
I came across a Shale spider today. It is Elemental so it has attacks that decimate the Clockwork Gnome AND it has a shield that blocks the bullets from the turrets.
actually you can have 3 then repair my rotation is turret punch turret punch turret repair
2? my clockwork gnome can have 3 up at once grated for only one turn but still
I wound up against a guy that was using a level 14 gnome and a couple of level 8s to my team of 10-11. My 11 happened to have some good Elemental attacks. I didn't win, but I sure destroyed his gnome.
at level 6 my turret hits for 45 damage, my metal fist can hit for 70 somthing.

So unless you DO have 2/3 out metal fist would still out damage it.

So it hits for more...but only after you get your setup.

Seems fine to me.
I am not going to remember the name of the pet (sorry). The Halloween event pet, the vine thingie with the jack-o-lantern head. Elemental pet.

I love facing clockwork gnomes when I have that pet. They set up those little turrets, I cast thorns on me.

At level 8, the turrets hit for like 14 each hit. The Thorns hits back for 40 (each). So I take roughly 45 or so damage, they take 120 :)

Even if they swap to a non Mechanical pet (leaving the turret), thorns hits harder than the turrets hit.... I take 45, they take around 75. Thorns rocks for those pets that attack multiple times for lesser damage.
Only two turrets? I've been able to get three going in some fights :p

and as Tempeste shows, there are great counters to the turret, in fact every pet has a counter, it's our job as pet tamers and battlers to figure this out ;)

You won't ever be the best there ever was, if you don't read your pet guide.
09/27/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Zaragoza
The clockwork gnome ability Build Turret is way overpowered when they can have 2 turrets at once. It's quite ridiculous!

I suggest having an elemental attack at the ready, when you see the Gnome, plan on starting with that attack. The gnome will likely only show up the first round for one turret. It is beatable.
I am not going to remember the name of the pet (sorry). The Halloween event pet, the vine thingie with the jack-o-lantern head. Elemental pet.

The Sinister Squashling. That and the Creepy Crate's ability to Death Grip out the little guys on teams where there's a level 20 and two level 1s to lower the average level makes me glad that, Halloween being my favorite holiday, I actually participated in that event.
09/27/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Zaragoza

Oh goodness!

Whining about pet battle pets being OP!
It is a very OP move and horrible, i fear it when i see a clockwork gnome...But i have found with many of my pets so far, they have damage reduction abilities which really help fight the several rounds of massive damage (2 turrest that shoot multiple times and the gnome that attacks in a single round) a turtle is nice.
I decimate him every time with my undead baby bear.