Did Mists meet your expectations?

Wyrmrest Accord
Okay, so I just did the Stormstout Brewery dungeon, and am pleased that it was fun. Maybe it'll change when I get to the next tier of dungeons, but it was nice not being stressed all the time for heals like Cata was.
I'm having a blast with MOP, especially the 85-90 zones on this character. I been playing bit of everything, just I am enjoying the quests and the content.
I really enjoyed the Pandaren starting zone, despite a few bumps that made me want to punch the screen. From what i've seen of the new zones, they're also quite good. So... considering the fact that i had somewhat low expectations? Yup.
I haven't been to the 85+ content yet (I'm not masochistic enough to try that on xpac day) but I did roll a panda and I hate myself for how much I love them. I've been grinding pet achievements like mad, finally got that brilliant whateverthecrap Skettis bird and that celestial dragon whelp thing. It's like middle school all over again, gotta catch 'em all. So far, I'm really loving what I've seen, although I hate dynamic quest rewards. I like being able to get other class' gear in quests for RP.
I

love

this game.
09/25/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Calathiel
Did MoP meet/exceed/fall below your expectations?

after one day...

i like it but really its too soon to tell. i have only seen 1 zone and only gone up 1 lvl on hunter.
09/26/2012 03:56 AMPosted by Pinyin
Okay, so I just did the Stormstout Brewery dungeon, and am pleased that it was fun. Maybe it'll change when I get to the next tier of dungeons, but it was nice not being stressed all the time for heals like Cata was.

I felt the same in Beta. I don't need the mindless heals of Wrath, but I want to be able to choose my rotation and not completely fail if I hit one button instead of another out of simple play style and not necessity. Healing is a lot more fun.
I was RP leveling with some guildies today and only got as far as Lorewalker Cho's house in the Jade forest. I've managed to explore here and there a little bit more before and since, but still not gone very far in the grand scheme of things. Despite this, I'm already extremely impressed with what I've seen so far. I've never fangirled as hard at things as I have done the past day and a bit. I've been having a blast, and I know there's only more to come.

The quests are brilliant.
The music is amazing.
The landscapes are amazing.
The world feels new and too huge to even fathom, like it did when I first started playing, and I'm so excited to explore it all and learn it all.

I want to hug my Pandaren lady and I have a crush on Amber Kearnen (is this normal?).

Tomorrow's a new day!
I was having fun.

Then ever quest became a kill quest or a god damn gardening quest.

I KILLED DEATHWING, HELPING YOU WEED YOUR GARDEN IS NOT SOMETHING I DO.

WHY AM I GATHERING 8 ORANGES. THIS QUEST IS POINTLESS AND BORING.

"Oh thank god, Nazgrim, it's you. Thank goodness you're here. Like 2/3rds of the Jade Forest has just been me running errands for these godforsaken Panda folk, but I'm finally here to kill Alliance and.. What? It's over?"

"Yeah, now go to the next area and enjoy killing bunny rabbits."
Post deleted by pandas
The only thing I'm a bit annoyed with is the quest loot. I know you get loot based on your current spec, but I solo as guardian and main as resto >:| I could just switch specs to resto when accepting quests, but I want to gear for both D:
I rolled up a Pandaran Monk, to see what it's like. I only played about half an hour, still in the starter zone. So far I'm likin' it. Haven't had time to try anything else.
09/26/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Ambergale
The only thing I'm a bit annoyed with is the quest loot. I know you get loot based on your current spec, but I solo as guardian and main as resto >:| I could just switch specs to resto when accepting quests, but I want to gear for both D:
In Dawn's Blossom, there's an "Adventuring Gear" vendor named Singegruff that will fill in the blanks for your off-spec. You want the Faded Forest Hide stuff like Faded Forest Hide Legguards.

Which is another thing I reeeally really like about Mists. So far, it's exceeded my expectations, I'm around 80% to 86 and I've only died once from pulling 8 hozen and their chief at once(but had a really close call when I was running up the mountain to get the "Restore Balance" achievement - thank the Light for Levitate). The rapid respawns aren't too bad actually, having a Mindbender and Fade is making the bigger packs fun. :P Never out of mana for those OS situations to pop a flash heal. Keeping an eye on my fellow questers with a Power Word: Fortitude and tossing around a few heals. <3

I like that the kill named mob quests don't go by who tags them, the storytelling quests around the Jinyu village were awesome. I need to bust Var out so I can take advantage of all of those glorious piles of leather waiting to be skinned. :B

I'll be trying out the new dungeons today hopefully but I'm having a blast so far. Haven't touched pet battles or the Wandering Isle on live yet but I did the Isle in the beta so I'm good for waiting.
Dunno why it feels different, but somehow, it feels BETTER than the beta. Maybe because it's more refined. -shrug-

So it surpassed my already near-spot-on expectations. xD Not that those expectations were low to begin with. The new leveling zones are fun, challenging, and different. The story is great, the quests are less buggy than they were in Cata and Wrath (still buggy in some parts, I'm very well aware), but overall, Blizzard did an amazing job this time around. There's a ton of love put into this expansion, and you can just feel it radiating from these beautiful new zones and quests.
I should be picking up a copy this evening, glad to see most people are enjoying it!
It's good to see that people have been enjoying the expansion more than I've heard pre-complaints. I've managed to get some time last night to give-try the 85 zone and go through the quests. So far? I like it. I was very content with the variations that wasn't just "Kill this, kill that." Some of the "Kill x things" had funny comments to them, and the story telling quests I thought was funny too. There are some moments where you want to hit the screen since everyone seems to do the same quest you're on, but all-in-all it looked like a smooth launch for Blizzard.

I was actually impressed, Wyrmrest Accord had full population and was even locked for new players for some time yesterday when I got home from work. That's the first time I've sat in a que for an RP server in a very long time.

09/25/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Kytt
It would be better if any of my characters could move 5 feet without being swarmed by half a dozen enemies. I imagine it's a high reset rate for the amount of players but it's become taxing. Here's to hoping it calms down.

There were a couple places where I felt the same thing, just mob after mob. But I suppose that is because there were many players doing it too.

09/25/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Thanë
I dunno, I'd been hoping it would be a lot of fun. Not sure if it's because I'm not happy with Blizzard anymore after seeing how they've handled CRZ concerns, or just not really in a great mood irl today. Maybe it's because I feel pressure to get leveled and gear as fast as possible to be ready for PvP, but I haven't been having much fun at all.

I was curious about how people would feel regarding if they had pressure for this, that, or the other. I know you guys are big PVPers, and there are several more 'hardcoreish' guilds for raiding PVE out there. Raids I know aren't for some time, but taking time to enjoy the content is always good rather than rushing.

09/26/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Greasewald
Dunno why it feels different, but somehow, it feels BETTER than the beta. Maybe because it's more refined. -shrug-

Beta's starting for the Jade Forest verses what we have now were two different things on what I can remember. It's a nice change, and I like it too. :)

Edit:
It's also great to see so many people enjoying the Pet battle system! I didn't get far in messing with it, but my guild went on a roll with the pet battles for achievements last night.
Expectations met. I was most excited for the visuals, and they pass with flying colors. I'm eating up the wisdom flavored lines of everything Pandaren, too.
Because I do not have MoP, all I can reely do is the pet battles. Which are reely fun, but there is so much awesomeness that I am missing out on.

D:
I'm really enjoying it so far.
Playing as a monk is stupid fun, I love the class and can't wait to get the gear I plan to use for an xmog set 'till endgame.