Realm Firsts?

General Discussion
Is there any reason that Blizzard has not made a statement about the Realm Firsts that required Vale of Eternal Blossoms?

People found ways to glitch into the Vale without leveling and get to the trainers and learn the recipes. That was supposed to be the niche in the Achievement for these crafts. Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring (i think) and maybe Enchanting were all trained from 575/585-600 in the Vale.

I think that Blizzard should take these down and let the people who were really on the track to earning them claim them. Letting someone keep a cheat isn't very fair. You designed the game to require that they reach Vale legitimately before getting the Realm First. That would make them have to sacrifice the time and enjoyment of leveling to get these achievements quickly.

Maybe I am just butt hurt because my friend didn't get it. But it still isn't right that people can glitch into Vale and be rewarded for it.
The only people that care are the ones going for it. It's not really an accomplishment.

It's not really a game breaking exploit.

Now let's talk about the damn starting Alliance quest..
You have a valid point. I'm exploring and not 30 minutes into the expansion I see these realm firsts. Something is very stinky, and it ain't the fish.
09/25/2012 03:45 AMPosted by Naota
Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring (i think) and maybe Enchanting were all trained from 575/585-600 in the Vale.

Leatherworking, at least, didn't require visiting the Vale - some of the recipes from the vendor in Orgrimmar stayed green all the way to 600.
Glitch in?

Least in beta, all I had to do was walk along the top of the wall in Kun-lai and jump down. That's not exactly a glitch. Unless they changed it there since I did that.
09/25/2012 04:18 AMPosted by Kragarn
Server firsts don't matter, stop thinking they do and you'll have a happier playing experience.
Personally I don't care how fast or slow I level but I believe those who play legitimately should have the rights to the achievements. Cheaters should get perma-bans and forced to start from scratch.
09/25/2012 04:17 AMPosted by Teelo
Someone won the fishing achievement when I was at 599 :(

I was 598. I was finally relaxing thinking any catch now and BOOM! missed it by 1min. I've logged off to get a chocolate milk and cookie to cheer myself up lol

On a side note I'm finding, so far, everyone in the new zone has levelled faster then those trying it in the old zones, or so I'm finding, which I don't think is so bad but I wish I would have taken more notice in Beta. For me I was tucked into Zangarmarsh all by myself but RNG hated me this time because there was times I was levelling every 14-15 fish not the 4-7 standard everyone in jade forest was getting.
You do know you don't glitch into it right? You run up a mountain path to get there lol.
09/25/2012 04:27 AMPosted by Ocicat
You do know you don't glitch into it right? You run up a mountain path to get there lol.

Where?
I got realm first lw and skinning - and I did it legit.

My green patterns had stopped giving points at around 589 (bad streak of 40 leathers or so), so I figured it was time to figure out where to go next. My boyfriend looked up on wowhead to see if there were any patterns that weren't at the normal trainers (just like in Cata) for me, as he was taking a break after getting realm first herbalism and inscription, so he had time while playing with pet battles. He found out there was a pattern seller in Vale of Eternal blossoms, and off I went on an adventure!

I did make it to the vale of eternal blossoms - but I took the loooooong way around as my bf and I had no idea how to get up there otherwise. All the time I was thinking 'man, I should have just stayed and skinned and used the green patterns to level' as we didn't know exactly how to get in or even if I could by taking that long route. But I took a chance and it payed off.

My route was: Jade Forest --> Valley of 4 winds --> Krasarang wilds --> around the tip along the beach into Dread wastes -->up townlong steppes --> up through kunlai summit and onto the awesome bridge just east of vale of the eternal blossoms. Jumped off the bridge into the vale and went exploring to find the trainer at the new dala-like place. Grabbed the agi pvp shoulder pattern and went from 589 to 600.

So really, it can be done 'legit' and still get a pattern from vale of the eternal blossoms.

I leveled skinning first so I was back at the trainer until 570~ish when my leathers ran out. So I ported back into Jade forest to start my trek to the valley of the 4 winds to find some turtles that gave good leathers. Wihen leveling skinning I was in valley of the 4 winds until I hit 585 and then I went around the tip of krasarang wilds into the dread wastes, my boyfriend found the route while he was herbing and had a few water walking pots on him so I knew I could get at least that far.

I killed me some lvl 90s in the Dread wastes at much, much much peril. Ran out of food, ran out of bandaids and potions, died numerous times ( I REALLY hate stags now)... but even though it took a long time, was totally worth it to get realm first skinning 2 years in a row and finally get a realm first leatherworking.

Sorry your friend didn't get it, Naota. There's always next expansion! You really just got to dig your heels in and focus on it instead of leveling if you want to really compete for those realm firsts. Now mind, I'm on a mid-pop realm, so it's not that much competition compared to a high-pop - but that doesn't make it mean any less to someone who literally hopped in her chair and cheered after.
09/25/2012 04:22 AMPosted by Akatryah
Personally I don't care how fast or slow I level but I believe those who play legitimately should have the rights to the achievements. Cheaters should get perma-bans and forced to start from scratch.

Unless you were actually attempting to get them, you weren't going to get them.
Well, on my home server I got the realm first I wanted. I even ended up with mining as a secondary which was a bonus. But Vale of Eternal Blossoms was stated to be a phased instance where you couldn't interact with NPCs until you did a quest to get there. The fact that people around going around the area to get in isn't legit. You wonder why noone walked in the door.. They all jumped over a wall where there was no barrier. I convinced my friend to get it and I helped him start leveling his face off so he could try to hit the quest level ASAP and then he gets screwed by someone who took the easy way around. Blacksmithing, at least, REQUIRES a trip to the Vale to learn the 575+ recipe that takes you to 600. Its not right to allow people who didn't get it properly to exploit a lack of foresight. Thats exactly what it is, exploiting.

I feel bad because I did research on mine the week ahead and planned things out. He took less planning into it, but he wouldn't have exploited to get it regardless. Neither of us believe in that.

Anyone saying things like, noone cares move on is really just here to troll. It makes me feel bad that I nudged him into buying and worked with him for 2 hours to level/gather only get shafted. A legit win wouldn't have bothered me. If someone got better Mote drops and they hit 87 first I wouldn't be upset. They would've simply earned it for their preparation and a bit a luck.