Free Character Transfers - 9/26

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 17 Next
Guildmasters, if your planning to transfer realms.. take heed of this.
If you wind up hating the realm you transfer to.. you CAN NOT transfer in 7 days like the FAQ says!
You must wait 30 days! It's a rule that they never bothered to update in the FAQ.
So be VERY careful where you move your guild to, or your stuck there for 30 days.

I found this out the hard way and now my main and her guild is stuck on Ursin for 3 more weeks :(
Guildmasters, if your planning to transfer realms.. take heed of this.
If you wind up hating the realm you transfer to.. you CAN NOT transfer in 7 days like the FAQ says!
You must wait 30 days! It's an written rule that they never bothered to update.
So be VERY careful where you move your guild to, or your stuck there for 30 days.

I found this out the hard way and now my main and her guild is stuck on Ursin for 3 more weeks :(

the gm still has to pay money for a guild transfer so why would they even bother? at least thats what im thinking.
so have the realm transfers started?
Could we seriously please get better choices than these destination realms? Or at least a few choices instead of just ONE.

KT -> Alterac Mountains: 2 or 3 hours difference in terms of server time, same unbalanced alliance:horde ratio problem... I mean, I'm sure it will please a few people but I highly doubt this will fix the queue time problem.

The easy fix for this?

1. Also allow free faction transfer services for the target realms (why not fix A:H ratio problem while you're at it?).

2. Give us more destination realm options, which include different realm times to attract a variety of people.

3. Most of all, thank-you for reading and trying to help us out.

<3
09/26/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
I'm pleased to say we were able to make it so you do retain your guild rank and rep. I've updated the OP with specifics.

Bashiok, do you know if the guild has to xfer first in order to keep guild rep on the new server?
Would be cool if it didn't come up with and error.

Error: You have a character online for this account. Please make sure all characters are offline.

Which I might add you have to wait for the epic que to run out to fix it?????? So whats the point in trying to xfer then if I still have to wait?

BTW I'm not logged in.
Can we get any clue as to if (and when) free guild migration would happen?
Hay while I'm here hows the activity on Velen. Raids and the like?
As someone who is on a server that is heavy on Horde, I feel like it would have made more sense for them to allow free transfer to a server that is higher on Alliance to balance the server out a bit.
Ok, blizzard you guys need to get your stuff str8. Why are you letting us ppl that actually pay for your game wait in line. If there is a wait time all those trial accounts should wait not paying customers!!
09/26/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Dizcharge
As someone who is on a server that is heavy on Horde, I feel like it would have made more sense for them to allow free transfer to a server that is higher on Alliance to balance the server out a bit.

I know what you mean. :-/
Can we get some transfers from Wyrmrest Accord and Moonguard? They are pretty full too.
I went into the account page to try to use one of those and it says I have a character online for that account, yet I'm not signed in! What do!
I'd like to make a petition for Ragnaros

It was full even before the expansion, Free Character Transfer to anywhere PLEASE.

I hate waiting even 5mins to play the game, the queue has been as along as 3hrs.
I wouldnt mind a transfer to a US server =p
We'll be offering an alternative destination for Area 52 that is also an Eastern timezone realm. We'll update the list when that's available, sorry for the confusion.
you all said you wanted wow to be more like vanilla/bc

well blizz def. delivered with these new epic queue times lulz
Alterac Mountains. Come on over my sweet Horde brethren!