Free Character Transfers - 9/26

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 5 6 7 17 Next
We’re providing free transfers off of overpopulated source realms that are currently seeing high queue times. If you’re on one of the below realms and would like to avoid waiting in queues to play, you can take advantage of these free transfers. We’ve done our best to match realm types and time zones for a smooth transfer process.

We’re planning to allow the current transfers to go until approximately 9:00 a.m. PDT, October 4, but please note that if a large number of people transfer to a destination realm we may need to end the free transfers early. If you’re planning to transfer we recommend doing so sooner rather than later.

Although free Guild Master Realm Transfers are not possible at this time, these free character transfers will allow you to retain your guild membership and reputation, provided the guild master completes a paid Guild Master Realm Transfer to the destination realm first, and does not change factions.

Free Transfers 9/27 – 10/4

To: Gundrak (Oceanic - PvP)

To: Mug’thol (Central – PvP)

To: Frostwolf (Pacific – PvP)

To: Velen (Mountain – PvE)

To: Bloodscalp (Mountain - PvP)

To: Dark Iron (Pacific - PvP)

To: Trollbane (Eastern - PvE)

To: Alterac Mountains (Eastern - PvP)

To take advantage of these transfers log into [url="https://www.battle.net/account/management/"]Account Management[/url], select your World of Warcraft license, and at the bottom click on Free Character Migration. Eligible characters will be listed. Please see the [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-migration-disclaimers-and-faq"]Free Character Migration Disclaimers and FAQ[/url] for more info.

We’ll be continuing to closely monitor realm concurrency, and will provide updates should the above transfers be altered, or any new transfers become available.

OMG they listened to me ( in some sort of manner xD ).

Thanks for hearing me out yo!
Xfer complete on most toons maybe it was backed up See you on Valan!

Still waiting on my mains thought?????

and done thanks blizz just saved $300 11:24 PST
Mug'thol full already for Illidan? Or is mine just bugged. Will you be adding more low pop servers?
throw hakkar a bone and add us to the Free Character transfers we have been bleeding people since cata and the last round of free transfers.

plz and ty
Just a question, how do you determine what realms can be migrated to for free? I've played on Onyxia since I started playing this game, but during DS I had to leave and go to different servers (Blackrock, and eventually Arthas). Onyxia was so empty that it was actually impossible to pug a 2/8 heroic DS after the 10% nerf. There were only 3 guilds running H DS when I left (10% nerf) and none of them were passed 4/8 heroic.

The pvp is pathetic there, with there being MAYBE 100 different Alliance characters total and probably no more than 500 different horde players total.

So again, just wondering what makes you guys decide to choose one realm over another. Not mad, just strictly curious.

Moof
Get away from Mug'thol (except one good healer we're recruiting one.)

Our server has a severe Horde/Alliance imbalance. Horde outnumber alliance about 4 to 1.

World PvP is dead on Mug'thol it is essentially a PvE server. if Alliance are transfering here you will find the economy in real bad shape (Alliance wise) and very few (one I believe) raiding guild.

If there are some Horde who want to give it a shot contact me. Red Team is currently recruiting and were always looking for people for our core raid team and for PvPers and semi casuals.

RiD HatoriHanzo#1457

Our server has a severe Horde/Alliance imbalance. Horde outnumber alliance about 4 to 1.

World PvP is dead on Mug'thol it is essentially a PvE server. if Alliance are transfering here you will find the economy in real bad shape (Alliance wise) and very few (one I believe) raiding guild.

If there are some Horde who want to give it a shot contact me. Red Team is currently recruiting and were always looking for people for our core raid team and for PvPers and semi casuals.

RiD HatoriHanzo#1457

Yeah. Alliance side is basically dead; it's near impossible to get anything as Alliance. If you're searching for PvP, this isn't the place. Mug'thol is just as unbalanced as Illidan. There isn't any point in transferring imo. You're better off staying on Illidan and enjoy the larger population.

RiD HatoriHanzo#1457

Yeah. Alliance side is basically dead; it's near impossible to get anything as Alliance. If you're searching for PvP, this isn't the place. Mug'thol is just as unbalanced as Illidan. There isn't any point in transferring imo. You're better off staying on Illidan and enjoy the larger population.

I have several 85 Alliance Toons sitting on Illidan doing nothing because of the severe imbalance.

I am not even going to try and level them in the new Pandarian areas.

So I was briefly excited to hear about the free transfers, but now I find out that the transfers are to a server that has just as much of an imbalance as the one we are transferring off of?

How will that help the Alliance on Mug'thol?
Friend of mine in Area 52 complained yesterday about the queues. She and her guild picked that server because they didn't want to suffer the intolerance that was Terenas and it's dead AH, dead population... but didn't expect to see queues when the expansion hit.

As a result, though, of the destination.. she's staying put.

She wants to go to a medium pop server. Not low. She just LEFT low.

Though to be honest I'm not sure these transfers will do enough. They almost never do. :/
Took me three hours to get into 52 lastnight, then I couldn't even get into the panda area because my world latency was almost 10k. I am so done with 52.
It wont let me get off tich. Everytime i choose my character it says i am online but i am not is this a glitch? Anyone else having trouble trying to xfer?
area 52 is a good sever give it a few months it will die down its just everyone leveling thats why its soo high once these people hit 90 like 30% of them will quit untill the next exp
So can we get a free transfer back as well once the part-timers stop playing in 30 -60 days?
09/26/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Bashiok
We'll be offering an alternative destination for Area 52 that is also an Eastern timezone realm. We'll update the list when that's available, sorry for the confusion.

any news on this?
09/27/2012 03:50 AMPosted by Sàaint
It wont let me get off tich. Everytime i choose my character it says i am online but i am not is this a glitch? Anyone else having trouble trying to xfer?

Yup same thing happening to me and a friend. Even though I've been off for over 6 hours :(
09/26/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Bashiok
We'll be offering an alternative destination for Area 52 that is also an Eastern timezone realm. We'll update the list when that's available, sorry for the confusion.

Type Realm Name IP Address
US Eastern Time
PvP Altar of Storms 199.107.6.248
PvP Alterac Mountains 199.107.7.37
PvE Arygos 199.107.7.53
PvP Demon Soul 199.107.7.9
PvP Jaedenar 199.107.7.29
PvE Tanaris 199.107.7.33
PvE Uldaman 199.107.6.252
PvE Undermine 199.107.7.41
US Mountain Time
PvP Deathwing 199.107.6.240
PvE Doomhammer 199.107.6.232
PvE Icecrown 199.107.6.236
PvP Kel'Thuzad 199.107.6.244
US Pacific Time
PvE Aerie Peak 199.107.7.1
PvE Anvilmar 199.107.7.17
PvP Blackwing Lair 199.107.7.49
PvE Gnomeregan 199.107.7.13
PvP Lethon 199.107.7.45
PvP Onyxia 199.107.7.5
RP Sentinels 199.107.7.25
RP-PvP The Venture Co 199.107.7.21

Erm, you forgot Kel'Thuzad too, as it is a Mountain Time server and not an Eastern time server.
Please offer more variety of destination realms.

P.S. KT -> Alterac Mountains: Same faction imbalance issues, you're only making a bad problem worst. Allow faction transfer services too.
Does the 81+ 50,000g transfer limit apply on these free transfers?