Biggest noob alive.

New Player Help and Guides
Pleez hear this out, if u can help!

Ok.. I don't play often so it screwed up my character I used tons of sleep exp even unwillingly.

Since I leveled so fast from sleep exp it doesnt give me enough time to do dungeons for gear or pvp for gear.. By the time I get just a few good pieces of armor im already at the next level bracket for gear and cant train the same way.

For example.. Look at my gear.

I can't even do level 80 dungeons it cut me off cause im 81 now.. Yet I can't do 81 - 85 dungeons cause their isnt a high enough ilevel..

I can't farm for honor because I get like 20 honor each run.

If any of you are pro you'd let me know a way I can gear again.
sleep ex?
Some of your gear (the PvP gear in particular) is so old it's not even funny. :\ That's level 70 gear... 11 levels old.

I would definitely recommend you concentrate on questing at this point. Start in a Cataclysm zone (Mt. Hyjal or Vashj'ir--you can get the starting quests from the bulletin board in a major city if you haven't picked up quests directing you there yet) and just carefully do the quests to get gear upgrades.

Don't worry about dungeons; you would be no good in a dungeon with your gear, that's why you're being kept out of them. Going back to do level 80 dungeons wouldn't help, as that would be inferior to the gear you'll get from the Cataclysm questing zones. (Also, you might not do so well in those level 80 dungeons either, with as old as your gear is.)

It's probably going to be a challenge to work on those quests too, so consider (if you have the money to spare) looking for Cataclysm blacksmithing-crafted pieces on the auction house that are appropriate for your level (or ask a friend with blacksmithing to help, if you have one), or Cataclysm-level greens that people may have put up. It's worth it if you can find some upgrades for not too high a price.

Otherwise--just worry about questing and getting the rewards. That should definitely get you on the right track for replacing all the old gear and being eligible for dungeons again.
This definitely helps a lot though i'm sure I will mainly be pwned in the lower level Cata zones.

I'll just try to quest and buy those greens you were talking about. thanks!

can close.
even though those greens are friggin expensive!!! D:
Some green itmes might be expensive, but what Cerylia said is to mostly concentrate on the quests for now... That way, you will earn good rewards that are better than what you have now and later down the road you will be able to upgrade those as well...

Good luck!
Biggest noob alive? NOPE that's my title, you can only be the 2nd biggest noob alive :)

You sound like me about 1 month ago.

My recommendation (as the biggest noob):

Get to 85 by whatever means necessary, period!!!

When you start Pandaria, there are Vendors that sell I-level 372 full sets of gear, one full set will cost you about 600-700 gold.

What now?

1) quest like Cerylia said, but I would definitely pick Hyjal
2) do Daily Quests for fishing and cooking, you get XP appropriate to your level (next post)
3) find more dailies in Northrend to give you XP and/or Honor (or both) and do those whenever you can.
4) if your Blacksmithing is really level one, consider replacing it with Herbalism. Power level your Herbalism - this should be easy with fast flying. Once your Herbalism is high enough you will start getting level appropriate XP from each Herb you farm (you get a lot of XP from this once you have leveled up closer to 400-525 or higher)

P.S. the level 80-85 gear prices on the AH have been dropping like crazy (as expected) due to the ease of getting new better gear from Pandaria. But I would avoid buying many of these as you will be replacing them as soon as you get to 85 and start Panda land.
Hyjal is better than Vashj'ir for a newish toon. Definitely get those quests going...

Back when I leveled a DK on a new server, I find questing in Blood to be much easier when you are undergeared. You are much harder to kill and still get through the mobs at a reasonable speed.
09/27/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Violentium
Don't bother buying stuff; you will level out of them soon enough. The quest item rewards from completing Hyjal zone itself will replace almost all of your gear, and the rest will be replaced by the end of Deepholm.

Don't worry too much about the mobs. Just pull from a distance, waiting for Death Grip to become available if need be, and pull to cleared areas. When leveling a mage long ago, I had to learn to pull safely like that. As a Death Knight you will have much better armor, relatively speaking, but conservative pulling will give you the confidence to get the job done.

Go to the Death Knight forums and read up on the leveling guides. They will provide information on talents, rotations, gearing and upgrading.
09/28/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Sellea
Back when I leveled a DK on a new server, I find questing in Blood to be much easier when you are undergeared. You are much harder to kill and still get through the mobs at a reasonable speed.

I was thinking about suggesting that also, but I wasn't sure if my experience with my Paly would be the same as with a DK.

I have been doing all my questing in my Protection Spec, even though I am really Retribution.

WARNING: I have fallen in love with my Protection Spec and I can hardly use my Ret spec effectively, so now I am a Tank that hates Tanking O.O
Two more things:

Get some Glyphs, at least the main ones

IF you can find some VERY cheap gems, put some in your gear slots, but only if they are very cheap because you need to replace that gear.
09/28/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Doroteasenjk
Don't bother buying stuff; you will level out of them soon enough. The quest item rewards from completing Hyjal zone itself will replace almost all of your gear, and the rest will be replaced by the end of Deepholm.

Don't worry too much about the mobs. Just pull from a distance, waiting for Death Grip to become available if need be, and pull to cleared areas. When leveling a mage long ago, I had to learn to pull safely like that. As a Death Knight you will have much better armor, relatively speaking, but conservative pulling will give you the confidence to get the job done.

Go to the Death Knight forums and read up on the leveling guides. They will provide information on talents, rotations, gearing and upgrading.

Hehe was like that when i leveled my mage went arcane tho and slow worked like a champ hehe
09/27/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Asadalthar
sleep ex?

he means 'rested xp'. it's an archaic rp expression.