Pandaren Monk way OP

Pet Battles
This is not a QQ thread becuz trust me i have faced like 30 of them in PVP pet battles

firstly i know exactly how to counter them, but they are still way OP

for example i have a rare spider which is beast type (makes the monk's humanoid type attack weaker against it) and i have an undead attack ( which in turn is strong against the humanoid type) yet i still get obliterated by monk pets the same level as me.........

i know the monk pet is a store bought pet and naturally will be stronger than even the rare lvl captureable pets, but making them unbeatable unless u get lucky RNG is very boring and ruins the game.

And people complaining about other people running from pet battles, well the only reason i do is when i see a pandaren monk on the other team because its freakin pointless to try

just my two cent for blizzard.

P.S. no other pets that i have face so far including the other store bought pets are as close to being OP as the pandaren monk
I agree they hit way to hard.
It's not the monk itself its the ability "Takedown". It's only supposed to hit once when the target is stunned, but currently it hits 2x if the target is NOT stunned.

Edit: Sporeling Sprout has the ability and healing, its even more OP due to the same bug.
okay maybe that ability is bug but its stats are still way stronger than rares and its 100% damage ability needs a longer CD also
It's not the monk itself its the ability "Takedown". It's only supposed to hit once when the target is stunned, but currently it hits 2x if the target is NOT stunned.

Edit: Sporeling Sprout has the ability and healing, its even more OP due to the same bug.

Agreed take down pretty much one shot my whole team, including my lil kt. There was no cool down at all.
09/27/2012 03:14 AMPosted by Malificari
okay maybe that ability is bug but its stats are still way stronger than rares and its 100% damage ability needs a longer CD also

Its stats are not stronger than other Rares. All Rares fall within a stat category in which there is only a 1.96% range, so there is only the tiniest difference in overall total stats from rare to rare.

Its stats are not stronger than other Rares. All Rares fall within a stat category in which there is only a 1.96% range, so there is only the tiniest difference in overall total stats from rare to rare.

I agree, everything else is fine, just that one ability.
Pet battles is an awesome thing, it makes me sad to see it get ruined by things like this. Its always the smallest things that blow up and break games, too. Please, Blizz, hotfix this asap.
I'm bumping this since this has kinda gotten buried few pages back and i'm seeing other threads on the same issue start up.
Who cares if the monk is OP? You aren't winning/losing anything when you run into one. And you can always get one for yourself.

EDIT: full disclosure... I don't have one.
Who cares if the monk is OP? You aren't winning/losing anything when you run into one. And you can always get one for yourself.

EDIT: full disclosure... I don't have one.

I just... That's not... The cant just... Wait what?

Are you high?

Did You just try rationalized the need for balancing anything in the game ever?
thats exactly why i came to this forum... somebody's level 8 monk just one shot my level 7 whelpling. its completely ridiculous that pet battles are pay-to-win.
Yeah, they're overpowered garbage and Clockwork Gnomes are a close second.

I just forfeit if I see a team with one. Regardless of what you use, you're pretty much toast.

There's no point until it gets fixed.
This has been fixed!
One because it means the other 499 pets are worthless for fighting, two because its pay extra money to win in PvP battlefight. That should not be the system. It should be battle caught rares = hard earned pets like 1 in 1000 drops in real world, faction bought pets, store bought pets.
09/27/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Kanrethad
This has been fixed!

link plz i just realize about the bugged move after previous poster told me about it

you said that move has been fixed?? if so maybe i can go in PvP battles again

and also i have a clockwerk gnome wanna beat it get a lava crab they are the perfect counter or a dark phoenix if you are in a good guild :)
Panda Monk has been fixed, Takedown only hits once unless target is stunned now...but its still a strong pet...and if you want to fight the Clockwork Gnome or any Mechanical get a Phoenix Hatchling, or another pet like it...anyone can get a Phoenix Hatchling, doesnt cost any money at all, just a little farming.
09/27/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Malificari
This has been fixed!

link plz i just realize about the bugged move after previous poster told me about it

you said that move has been fixed?? if so maybe i can go in PvP battles again

and also i have a clockwerk gnome wanna beat it get a lava crab they are the perfect counter or a dark phoenix if you are in a good guild :)

Sinister Squashling's will also cream a Clockwerk Gnome. Just throw on Thorns and watch the turrets do 3x the damage to the Gnome as it does to the Squashling.
This is not a QQ thread becuz trust me i have faced like 30 of them in PVP pet battles

firstly i know exactly how to counter them, but they are still way OP

for example i have a rare spider which is beast type (makes the monk's humanoid type attack weaker against it) and i have an undead attack ( which in turn is strong against the humanoid type) yet i still get obliterated by monk pets the same level as me.........

i know the monk pet is a store bought pet and naturally will be stronger than even the rare lvl captureable pets, but making them unbeatable unless u get lucky RNG is very boring and ruins the game.

And people complaining about other people running from pet battles, well the only reason i do is when i see a pandaren monk on the other team because its freakin pointless to try

just my two cent for blizzard.

P.S. no other pets that i have face so far including the other store bought pets are as close to being OP as the pandaren monk

Pet OP QQ. Lol.
They did appear to fix this. Bears had the ability aswell, but it was less noticed since humanoids have higher damage against dragons (which is what made people cry so hard, their dragons getting FACE planted)

Unfortunately it appears this breaks some abilities since bears have no way to bleed?