Boomkin DPS????

Druid
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I feel like i'm this little armor plated jeep that has a very small caliber machine gun on the back for protection. I also have a nuclear warhead launcher but my jeep got wet and the button for my warhead doesn't really work too good.

The stars have to align and it has to be the night of a full moon is how I feel. All this crit I stack and only seeing 13% crit chance and all this mastery I have stacked that is only "stat weighted" some of the time is just clunky and bad. To keep up with most of my guildies I have to see a crit WHILE i'm in an eclipsed state or i'm sitting around 20-22k.

I seen someone doing very well so I asked him and we talked for a bit. He took Incarnation and Nature's vigil. His Starfall crits were seeing 50k crits when they were both up (Incarnation and NV) . But he had manipulate his eclipse bar before every fight.

Having to stack two three minute CD's along with trinkets and racials just to look good in a boss fight is lame. Otherwise on trash he was laying down 18-22k. Sure on bosses he could start at 85-95k and even out at 60-70k but then he was useless for 3m. Not to mention after you burn those on say a raid boss you're not going to sustain it and end up likely mid-way but certainly not tops for any effort or hard work or knowing your gear/stat priorities and building your set well.

I hate it, I hate it so bad. In cata I felt like if I worked hard, had my rotation down, and put forth the effort to really go as hard as I could at all times I would usually be tops or top 5. Now it doesn't matter how hard you try. Just up to chance. Maybe you'll crit for 220 even 260k maybe you'll cast, very slowly, the whole fight and just see one un-eclipsed wrath crit for 70-80k.

And the worst is not being able to control Nature's Grace. Oh! The last hit you pulled off on that pack killed the last mob and you got an eclipse, and therefore NG, too bad! Healer needs mana so we're gonna have to stop for 12s meaning you won't even have any time with your very powerful DPS sustaining tool. Not so much so nowadays it seems.

My ilvl is 449 in my Bal gear. 448 in my heal gear. So if you check me out don't be surprised if i'm in my healing gear. Going boomkin now usually just has my guildies making fun of, "Oh how the mighty have fallen!" LOLOLOLOL l2play dr00d again dudeman! Makes me sick.

*(edit because I got sidetracked)
if you are stopping for 12 seconds you can channel Astral Communion and get to right before the other eclipse and just sidestep to cancel it before eclipse triggers.....
10/01/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Kodiakarrest
if you are stopping for 12 seconds you can channel Astral Communion and get to right before the other eclipse and just sidestep to cancel it before eclipse triggers.....

Lol valid point there
The point I was making was that we had control over NG. Having to manipulate the eclipse bar at the end of every pull sucks when we used to have control over NG. It's turned into a micro managing nightmare when we used to just be able to, ya know, play.
I do miss the control of NG, it was nice being able to sit in an eclipse for a bit of a boost to aoe and then trigger NG when I wanted to burn things. Maybe we could get blizzard to give control of NG back to being triggered by an appropriate x-fire spell.
10/01/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Kodiakarrest
triggered by an appropriate x-fire spell.

No. Make it a separate spell if you must, but don't tie it to a spell again please. If you are asking to control it, let's really control it instead of making it complicated.
It would be nice. I still think the biggest problem is stacking 3k-4k crit and mastery rating and not utilizing them most of the time. Where other classes stack a rating and get full benefits all the time or at least at a lot less spazstic rate (I assume). Take assassination rogue for example. If they stack haste and mastery they get that bonus every hit and everytime poison hits/ticks.

We're stacking stuff that is "supposed" to fuel extra DoT ticks and do great burst damage (among other things) but for all that stacking we see 12% chance to crit and we had better hope we're in an eclipse? I'm doing dailies right now so i'm in my DPS gear I have 4081 crit rating and only have 12.12% crit. I might see 15% with gems and chants? Dismal, especially when we're supposed to rely on it now.
I think the old trigger on moonfire/insect swarm was fine. You just had to either time it or at times save it for the next pack. Having yet another CD to pop seems like more micro management we don't need at this point.
10/01/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Beastswithin
I think the old trigger on moonfire/insect swarm was fine. You just had to either time it or at times save it for the next pack. Having yet another CD to pop seems like more micro management we don't need at this point.

This is what macros are for.
Forgot to address this part.

Outbreak doesn't require runes; it's simply a 1 minute cd. (That cd can be removed if you glyph for it btw, but it begins to cost 40 Runic Power if you do that, so not really worth it.)

Pestilence has no cd, it just requires 1 Blood rune, which isn't hard to get. (Note: Pestilence has a 10 yard range, or 15 if glyphed. Our Detonate has only an 8 yard range.)

I understand why it's nice ^_^; I'm just... like - if we get it, why not spriests? Fire mages (Impact doesn't apply the initial dots like outbreak), Locks? (Soul Swap doens't apply the inital DOts and only spreads to one target).

It's just futher adding to every class being sort of.. the same. I dislike things like this.

Maybe i'm just odd ^^;
I'd be ok with having to macro it, but i'm guessing It would have to have a decent CD, and come off CD when we hit an eclipse, or only be availiable while in eclipse, or something like that to prevent it from being spammed.
I understand why it's nice ^_^; I'm just... like - if we get it, why not spriests? Fire mages (Impact doesn't apply the initial dots like outbreak), Locks? (Soul Swap doens't apply the inital DOts and only spreads to one target).

It's just futher adding to every class being sort of.. the same.

I wasn't sure if any other classes had similar ways of spreading their dots to multiple targets, so if that is what makes Unholy unique, then I guess that's how it is. I don't want every class to be the same either. Just... Damn it would be nice if I didn't have to stand there dot'ing every npc every time. I'm so jealous of that ability.

Even if there was just a chance that something might proc and spread the dots to other targets it would be better than this...
I still believe mushrooms need to be made much more powerful and should use something like 50 energy, or heck even 100 energy and apply dots to everything. I stand by my point that our aoe should help cycle eclipse given how nature's grace works now. Shrooms applying dots and costing a lot of energy would be the most logical solution that I could think of.

Edit: ok, that's probably too high of a cost. Maybe 30 energy and it puts 3 second dots on everything (maybe just put the dot of the eclipse you are in, moonfire in lunar and sunfire in solar).... Something like that...
Our AoE rotation is the worst I have ever seen it and I have been playing for awhile. They need to take Wild Mushroom off of the gcd so we can plant three almost instantly. They also need to do something with Incarnation taking 1.5 secs on the gcd. Overall from what I have experienced at 90 is that our single target is in a decent place but our AoE is clunky and horrible at best. As a Balance Druid I am used to this whole thing.
I know its a bit off topic, but I'm trying to think of a fight in this tier where massive amounts of AOE is required and I'm drawing a bit of a blank. Not that this justifies our AOE being so akward, but if single-target is the name of the game, then I could really care less about trash pulls in heroic dungeons.
Our cleaving / aoe on chain pulls is horrible, on bosses im top dps and even on trash with no cds im good ( when i have time to prepare a double starfall)

In cata we were the kings of sustained high / burst aoe now its "hey guys i need need 30secs to swap between eclipses and back to refresh starfall and get 1 cast pre lunar"

Our no cooldown aoe is boring and lack luster in damage as well, hurricane is a boring spell and our dots do no damage.

When there is 5 mobs its not clear to hurricane or dot them all up but my natural reaction is to multi dot and shroom but that is no the case.
With no starfall/ cds the best way i have found is to dot two and single target rotation.

All in all dots do less damage than in cata and shrooms which fill the role of burst/ sustained chain aoe hits like a wet noodle.
I still believe mushrooms need to be made much more powerful and should use something like 50 energy, or heck even 100 energy and apply dots to everything. I stand by my point that our aoe should help cycle eclipse given how nature's grace works now. Shrooms applying dots and costing a lot of energy would be the most logical solution that I could think of.

Edit: ok, that's probably too high of a cost. Maybe 30 energy and it puts 3 second dots on everything (maybe just put the dot of the eclipse you are in, moonfire in lunar and sunfire in solar).... Something like that...

I really like that idea, dot and shroom damage is horribly low compared to cata. Currently our single target / long 1-2 mob fights are our strength but we are still bad on the sims so that doesn't bold well.

I think without fixing dot/ shroom damage the idea of shrooms applying dots is a great idea and fixes our clunky aoe for chain pulls.
I'm seeing a lot of melee hit for insane numbers while a lot of casters are considerably lower. Hopefully it is just a gear thing, haven't done too many heroics yet (just been lazy and doing dailies / lorewalker instead).

Ah well, time will tell.
Solar eclipse really makes me want to cry. I can burst for around 130k at the start of a fight, and then when I hit solar eclipse I go down to around 70k. Then once I'm in lunar eclipse, I can bring my dps back up, but slowly.

Is solar supposed to be this bad or is lunar just way good at the moment? ._.
10/01/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Phaydre

Lol valid point there

Not really valid; AC is just a band-aid to cover up bad mechanics.