Can't find way back to Pandaria

Customer Support
Don't know if this has been fixed or not yet, but I was working on the quest aboard the gunship in Pandaria, and got to the quest where you were asked to grapple your self to the ground, in the midst of finding the ropes, I fell off the edge and found that there was no way to get back up on to the gunship, thus no way to complete the quest. So long story short, I hearthed back to Orgrimmar figuring that the gunship would still be where it was in the first place, and I'd be able to return and start the quest over. Well, it wasn't, and I couldn't seem to find any way back to Pandaria. Like I said, I don't know if this has been fixed or not yet because I'm in queue for server :P

Thanks!
Look for a portal in org near the pandaren. On Alliance side, we have a portal in SW
There should be a portal in the Pandaren area in Orgrimmar. The Pandaren are in the back of Org near the auction house. Like Cataclysm, a portal will open up to Pandaria. If you got through the beginning of the quests, the portal should be there.
There is also a portal back onto the gunship from a camp underneath it.
The Portal isn't working for me, not sure if it's because I didn't finish the gunship quests or not. Any way to reset that or get back???
09/25/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Amberthorn
The Portal isn't working for me, not sure if it's because I didn't finish the gunship quests or not. Any way to reset that or get back???

It looks like you abandoned the quest: Unleash Hell, which starts with Sky Admiral Rogers.

You can take the portal to Paw'don Village, which is located by the monk trainer in Stormwind, which in turn is in the same general area as the Cataclysm portals.

There you can take the portal up to the ship.
09/25/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Amberthorn

Have you tried disabling any addons you have? Or even reset your UI? I just tried at the same stage in questing that you are and I was able to take the portal to the village and then up to the gunship.
Abandoning a quest and making it appear again somewhere, anywhere, seems to be something a company like yours could figure out how to do. This is ridiculous.

It generally will be available again, Starjack. The advice in this thread has mostly been directed towards an Alliance character. The same options should be available to you if you fail to complete the quest and end up abandoning it, it is just slightly different for Horde.

In your case, you abandoned the quest Into the Mists. While not all quests work this way the majority to, and you simply need to return to the last place you were when you accepted the quest.

If you return to Orgrimmar Hellscream's Fist should be in the sky, and you can fly up to it and speak with General Nazgrim.
I wanted to go back and see if I could continue at "Unleash Hell" but the gunship is no longer there, it's in Krasarang Winds, The Southern Isles... Sky Admiral Rogers is there but she had no quest available. What do I do to start back up on that quest line... want to work my way to getting the chain quests that gets you exalted with Pearlfin Jinyu
You seem to have skipped the majority of the initial quests into Pandaria. O.o

I guess it depends on where you are looking for the ship, Nitis. You already completed the Mission, which would have lead you into Pandaria.

The quest Unleash Hell would be from Sky Admiral Rogers aboard the Skyfire located in the Jade Forest above Garrosh'ar Point. There is a teleport point on a tiny island there, that takes you back up to the ship.
Yeah I've done that, but there's no ship in the area... even when taking the port, you just get ported in mid air.
Have you tried taking a mage portal to your cities capital then walking to the jade forest or getting a ride from a 2 seater mount?
I've taking both ports to the Skyfire, the one beneath it and the one in Paw'don Village... there's no ship. The only Skyfire I see is in Krasarang Winds... and I cant get any quests.
12/29/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Nitis
I've taking both ports to the Skyfire, the one beneath it and the one in Paw'don Village... there's no ship. The only Skyfire I see is in Krasarang Winds... and I cant get any quests.

Did you faction change this character? Sounds like you may have a phasing issue and may need to open a ticket.
It looks like Nitis was able to get the issue resolved but I found out a little more information about what folks may be experiencing so I thought I would add it to this post just in case someone else needs it.

If you have faction changed or did not complete the initial quests when entering Pandaria and go back, if you had completed the quest Domination Point or Lion's Landing, the Skyfire will no longer be available to your character.

If you journey to the Krasarang Wilds and visit Taradormi, speaking with her and selecting the option "I want to see the Skyfire in Jade Forest. Take me back.... will do just that. It will allow you to return to the ship and complete any associated quests.

From there you'll need to follow the quest line until the Skyfire leaves Pandaria to re-join the present time or speak with Taradormi in Paw'don Village to cancel the effect.
After doing a faction change from Horde to Alliance, I was unable to complete The Mission.
Taking the portal back to Skyfire as suggested above worked in bringing me to the ship, but Admiral Rogers was on the ship, but he only offered the daily quests and would not complete the quest "The Mission".

At this point, I'm unable to open the portal in SW to MOP and can not advance the quest in any fashion.
Have you tried re-logging that character? That sometimes solves the missing NPC issue.