Normal Jade Temple

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I came across Jade Temple and decided to see how far I could solo.
Managed to beat one boss (the one that spins in a circle), in 38X cata gear, all by my lonesome.
Took a while but there was no way I was going to dying unless I done something stupid.
Are the rest of the bosses (& cannon fodder) that easy?
I've LFD'd both level 85 dungeons and never wiped once. I didn't even know the mechanics -- kinda just went with the flow.
when they said we'll be able to do them over lunch I guess they meant also alone.

and one hand tied be...
Yeah I healed up to that first boss as disc in a PUG, disappointed the whole time in how easy it was.

Then I realised that old adage, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Healed the entire rest of the dungeon as shadow (noone died, no issues), was able to do keep my rotation up reasonably for most of it as well, since renew/PWS/prom don't drop shadowform and its basically all you need.

1 tank 4 DPS, the new MOP dungeon setup.
we were doing 6 minute zerg clears today, Both the brewery and Jade Temple are both 3 pulls worth.

Also, 100% uptime on guild standards.

The 87 dungeons are only a little step up. The final bosses for both are well done.
why shouldn't leveling dungeons be easy?

not like there are "challenge mode" dungeons for those who want to, oh, i dont know... run challenging dungeons?
why shouldn't leveling dungeons be easy?

not like there are "challenge mode" dungeons for those who want to, oh, i dont know... run challenging dungeons?

Because leveling dungeons aren't even enjoyable for me as a healer because I don't need to be there.

I actually enjoyed doing dungeons as holy in cata, now I just cbf. I don't even like shadowpriest, but I'm leveling as it because healing these 5 mans is even more boring.
09/26/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Nery
You make everything during levelling tank and spank, they'll think max level content is also tank and spank only.

Is there any evidence to support that it isn't?
09/26/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Ninjablaze

Well, the new heroic model will be mostly.

Challenged modes and heroic raids (til they nerf those too) are the only bastion from the tank and spank fever.

Still think they should swap leveling content to scenarios and end game to all dungeons.
09/26/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Postonforums

Challenged modes and heroic raids (til they nerf those too) are the only bastion from the tank and spank fever.

Still think they should swap leveling content to scenarios and end game to all dungeons.

Yeah I couldnt figure that out.

Why scenarios werent included in leveling, they actually make more sense than dungeons, since not many people level in tank or healer spec.
09/26/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Nery
Over half the new dungeons are unlocked at 90, which honestly makes no sense to me >_>

Heroics taken out, and only 90 Normals named Heroic is why.
I too was kinda surprised at the lack of scenarios, or levelling dungeons - once you hit 87 and unlock Shado-Pan Monastery and Mogu'shan Palace, you get no new dungeons till 90.

Over half the new dungeons are unlocked at 90, which honestly makes no sense to me >_>

Change in philosophy

IN Cata, they had everyone gearing up in 3 normal dungeons over and over getting rep and gear. It was boring as get out before you could even move to heroics, then people struggled on heroics.

Now normals are named heroic, and heroics old job has been split between challenge modes, Heroics, LFR, Scenarios

Hard content for bragging rights/challenge only is in challenge modes.

Raid training and raid gear is in LFR.

Valor acquisition is now heroics, scenarios and dailys.

Instead of having heroics do all 3 of those jobs, they split the work up.
I would complain, but Panda has like, 4x the quests of wrath or Cata to make up for the fact they screwed up leveling dungeons.
I recall healing Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle as elemental. I have a feeling we'll be repeating that in MoP.
09/26/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Sarosha

They are pretty intertwined though. The valor is worthless unless you grind the rep via dailies.

They are pretty intertwined though. The valor is worthless unless you grind the rep via dailies.

More to do, more variety is their thinking.

As I said, we arent going to know how this works till 3-5 weeks in.

If you do a little of everything it should work out better, even doing a few dailys might be better than running the same 3 hot dungeons.
09/26/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Sarosha
If you do a little of everything it should work out better, even doing a few dailys might be better than running the same 3 hot dungeons.

I'm not really looking forward to grinding up 4 different reps but meh what can you do. I guess I technically don't need them all revered by tues, honored with 3 and revered with 1 should be plenty. It's gonna be a long weekend =P.
09/26/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Sarosha

Yeah I couldnt figure that out.

Why scenarios werent included in leveling, they actually make more sense than dungeons, since not many people level in tank or healer spec.

Crap I forgot I can do scenarios now.