Please give monks non-90 PvP gear.

Monk
Prev 1 7 8 9 11 Next
Supported. Bump for my non-90 bros.
I bump this in the support of helping other players who like to cap at 70.
Would rather see a focus on current monk issues that exist rather than ones that don't.
The post that never ends. There must be 3-4 of these threads. This is the oldest I think.

One more time. Death Knights did not get their level 70 pvp armor until 4.0.1 Two years AFTER the class was introduced. And even then, they only needed to add ONE set. One level 70 dps set.

MoP has only been out 7 months. If AND when they finally intoduce lower level pvp armor they will have to create not one dps set.... in order to keep it concurrent, they will need seven sets of PVP armor for monks. A set each for WW and MW for 60, 70, 80 & 85.

Because it makes NO sense to make a set for level 70 bracket and ignore all the rest.

in my opinion, I agree with the notion that they should have more focus on current monk issues... but if they introduce lower level pvp gear be happy if it even happens 6 months from now, considering how long DKs had to wait for one set.
A week ago I would have cried and lamented that we needed lower tier pvp gear. Now that level 90 is in sight I say focus on monk balance. Its been a great ride so far pushing to 90 but I've been reading that a lot of people are not happy with the state of end game pvp right now with monks. While it may be nice to have lower tear pvp gear I would rather the focus that bliz placed on monks was end game. I can honestly say leveling this toon has been very fun. I've also switched from a warlock/paladin/hunter mains from past editions. PvP in the lower tears has not been easy but it has helped me become a better player as a monk. As an aside I'm hoping that the changes to 5.3 and pvp might breath new life into this class. At the end of the day though the game should and is focused on end level content. the niche players that stick it out in the lower tiers should not take resources away from getting the monk class just right at 90.
I would like to see WW come, I support this.
Just shows you how far bliz has fallen. They COULD do this, and they know people would be happy.

What's become common though, is bliz's willingness to ignore issues if there aren't enough people who care about it.
Just shows you how far bliz has fallen. They COULD do this, and they know people would be happy.

What's become common though, is bliz's willingness to ignore issues if there aren't enough people who care about it.

Ugh. I am so tired of this counter-argument. It's so untrue it isn't even funny.

People will bash me and say I am a Blizzard fanboy/girl. Truth is, I have a ton of complaints about Blizzard and the way they handle some things. but I also try to approach some things with logic.

You make it sound like this is a simple cut & paste solution. Or... let Monks use Rogue and Druid PVP sets. Sounds like that would be simple... right? Except it's not. There are four piece bonuses to contend with. Two piece aren't a big deal, because they are flat resilience (or stamina on lvl 60 gear) bonuses. But four piece are specific to the class.

And they cannot just arbitrarily assign some random bonus. DKs got a +35 str to their four piece on lvl 70 Brutal gear (when they FINALLY got it) and there are a number of people that complain saying it was laziness or it was unfair to paladins and warriors. Who the hell knows, but they STILL had to balance numbers.

And that was ONE set of pvp gear they added TWO years after the class was introduced. DKs didn't have level 70 pvp armor until 4.0.1.

And monks would need SEVEN sets?

Do you see where the lack of logic is in your argument? It's been 7 months since we were added. And they STILL don't have all our kinks worked out. Adding those sets will take some time.

I get that lower level bracket pvp can be more fun than the resilience-fest of level 90... but this isn't an issue of laziness or unwillingness. We WILL eventually get the sets. But it won't happen overnight or in the time frame you want it to happen and for the reasons you suggest.

Realize this isn't some easy add and remember that this game is never, EVER balanced around lower level anything.
Yes, this needs to happen.

I twink frequently, and I can tell you from experience what a massive difference the level 70 PvP gear makes properly gemmed and enchanted. I wore it from 70-78, until I could get cata twink gear, and rolled through BGs on my holy paladin.

The fact that monks do not have PvP gear seems like a massive oversight. The argument, "DKs didn't have it, so neither should monks," doesn't make any sense. It's been years since Wrath came out, Blizzard knows how popular PvP is, this should have been prepared for. Just because they forgot to plan for it then doesn't mean monks should suffer for it again.

If this is a huge issue, don't even recolor the items or make new ones. I honestly wouldn't care. Just retag the druid sets. I have xmog. But please, please, please make monk gear. I've been stalling leveling my monk for this reason.

Thank you.
The post that never ends. There must be 3-4 of these threads. This is the oldest I think.

One more time. Death Knights did not get their level 70 pvp armor until 4.0.1 Two years AFTER the class was introduced. And even then, they only needed to add ONE set. One level 70 dps set.

MoP has only been out 7 months. If AND when they finally intoduce lower level pvp armor they will have to create not one dps set.... in order to keep it concurrent, they will need seven sets of PVP armor for monks. A set each for WW and MW for 60, 70, 80 & 85.

Because it makes NO sense to make a set for level 70 bracket and ignore all the rest.

in my opinion, I agree with the notion that they should have more focus on current monk issues... but if they introduce lower level pvp gear be happy if it even happens 6 months from now, considering how long DKs had to wait for one set.

So because Blizzard made a pretty glaring error of omission in the past, which was fixed, eventually, then that means that it is perfectly acceptable, or policy even, to commit that same error of omission when it comes to monks?

Illogical argument is illogical.
So because Blizzard made a pretty glaring error of omission in the past, which was fixed, eventually, then that means that it is perfectly acceptable, or policy even, to commit that same error of omission when it comes to monks?

Illogical argument is illogical.

Not a glaring error of omission, except by your own personal logic.

Yes, the lower level pvp gear would be nice for lower level PVPers. But A.) Not exactly necessary per se and more importantly B.) The game is not balanced around lower level pvp. Any more than it is balanced around lower level PVE encounters.

If it WAS balanced, many classes and their abilities would not be tremendously OP at lower levels.

Your wants do not equal blizzards priorities. Like it or not.

They create new things for the game, for the most part, for level cap. They go back in and add quality of life item or changes for lower levels when times allows or dictates. This falls under that category.
I am a level 70 monk

and I approve this message
Supported.
I would like to see monks pop up more in bgs without the big "kill me" sign. This includes both twink and non-twink bgs. Support.
I agree! Monks are so under powered right now except for healing... but all healing classes are OP anyway so whats the point in keeping monks out of the loop? Right now we can't play our monks in pvp from 70-85 unless we want to die more than the damage we do.

i totaly agree i have no interest in questing generaly so itll be a while before i have any other toons lvl 90 so twinking my monk would be great id also like the 60 druid sets to be made avalible for monks.
they'll never make 60 sets for any more classes.... as previously stated 60 pvp gear is for those who have classic classes only.

Except for blood elf paladins... they got a lvl 60 set even though they came out for lvl 70 content.
It's impressive that they have this precedent established twice already and everyone is against it.

Burning Crusade came out: Draenei Shaman and Blood Elf Paladins both got new unique lvl 60 sets, even though that was outdated content. They receive lvl 70 and up pvp gear as current content. Brackets covered 60/70/80/85/90

Wrath of the Lich King came out: DKs are given t2 equiv gear from their STARTING ZONE and can compete in lvl 60 brackets. Lvl 70 pvp gear is added for them, this time not unique, but fine, it's outdated content. They receive lvl 80 and up pvp gear as current content. Brackets covered 60/70/80/85/90

Mists of Pandaria came out: Monks are given no competitive gear from quests, no readjusted available gear for old content. They receive lvl 90 pvp gear as current content. Brackets covered 90.

I dunno about all of you, but I see some imbalance in those numbers.
You might want to post this into pvp forum from which you can have a better audience from Blues.

Ugh. I am so tired of this counter-argument. It's so untrue it isn't even funny.

People will bash me and say I am a Blizzard fanboy/girl. Truth is, I have a ton of complaints about Blizzard and the way they handle some things. but I also try to approach some things with logic.

You make it sound like this is a simple cut & paste solution. Or... let Monks use Rogue and Druid PVP sets. Sounds like that would be simple... right? Except it's not. There are four piece bonuses to contend with. Two piece aren't a big deal, because they are flat resilience (or stamina on lvl 60 gear) bonuses. But four piece are specific to the class.

And they cannot just arbitrarily assign some random bonus. DKs got a +35 str to their four piece on lvl 70 Brutal gear (when they FINALLY got it) and there are a number of people that complain saying it was laziness or it was unfair to paladins and warriors. Who the hell knows, but they STILL had to balance numbers.

And that was ONE set of pvp gear they added TWO years after the class was introduced. DKs didn't have level 70 pvp armor until 4.0.1.

Do you see where the lack of logic is in your argument? It's been 7 months since we were added. And they STILL don't have all our kinks worked out. Adding those sets will take some time.

I get that lower level bracket pvp can be more fun than the resilience-fest of level 90... but this isn't an issue of laziness or unwillingness. We WILL eventually get the sets. But it won't happen overnight or in the time frame you want it to happen and for the reasons you suggest.

Realize this isn't some easy add and remember that this game is never, EVER balanced around lower level anything.

You may be tired of reading the same old responses, however, it still remains that Blizzard new well in advance about bringing in new classes (Death Knight & Monk) yet they never thought about upgrading the system for the classes. So your point is mute entirely. Blizzard should not have put off tomorrow what they should have done that day.
I think it's needed. They did give dk's level 70 pvp gear in wotlk, although it was towards the end.

I think monks should have 70, 80, and 85 pvp gear as well, but really the only way to do it without bringing a lot of developement time into it is to simply use the druid or rogue gear models, and change the bonuses, leave the stats. Just like with dk's, they got the warrior 70 pvp gear it just said dk on it.

just 3. one for 70, one for 80, one for 85.