Patch 5.0 & MOP created bad fps & stutter

Technical Support
1 2 3 22 Next
I can't take it anymore. Have tried all the blue responses, all the support articles, all the community articles, all my stuff is up to date, fresh install of everything, different pc's. Tried this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6712862413?page=1 @ melynda's post.....tried this one: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6522902440?page=2 And have tried countless others.

The bottom line is this: It is not us, whatever happened patch 5.0, broke the game for so many people and there still has yet to be an official word on these issues from blizz. There is just no way that it's all our systems since that patch. Some of them were just basic fixes, like update this or delete this or turn off addons, but alas, a ton of us are still hurting.

Throughout all this, one day its fine on all these systems, some mid-range, low, or excellent and future proof'd systems, how can it be our fault at these changes. Whatever the case, post your frustrations here, let us be heard together as one thread as opposed to one million un-responded to threads. Just bump, request sticky, and/or give your account on the issue, I for one have unsubbed and don't see myself playing after my current sub ends, until it is resolved at is that bad. I'm just holding onto a thread of playing with other people as we are a small ten man group, it is very difficult to play this way.

Posted on the bug forum:

A lot of you may have experienced a severe to unplayable fps drop with the pre-MOP patch. To some the fix was as simple as the common driver update, deleting of cache/wtf folders, client correction issues, and the like. For a lot of other users like myself the issue has been defined as much more than that with some attempted repair methods including things like trial and error of any and all visual setting combinations. Adjusting dx9/11, 32bit/64bit, vsync/3x buffering and in some cases, complete OS installs, driver and registry sweeps and changes, and even changing processor core usage.

With that being said, with such a huge amount of players experiencing this stuttering and fps drop, there were bound to be a lot of users posting their fixes and results. Some work for others and some have done nothing. Recently in this process a few players have found that obviously at this point the problem lies somewhere within those aforementioned patches.

Granted, we are not the development team, some have come to the conclusion that the affected areas are found within the dx9/dx11 options. Users have found that through these changes coupled with there respected increases/decreases in certain visuals are showing the most drastic of changes. Quote from user oneball--"You know what I noticed and people look carefully - Under DX11 when I change liquid details from good to high which I could do before this patch and run smooth - it now also changes the shading on the foliage on the terrain to a higher detailing - WTF has foliage got to do with liquid quality." I myself and others have seen things such as multisampling and texture resolution cause changes. A recent blue response from support forum Velnrak suggesting *we* submit a *bug* report for these issues.

With so many complaints on this issue, I personally feel blizzard should be help accountable and responsible for looking into these reported matters. Even though they weren't here on the bug forum, they have been popping up in the technical forum all this time without any helpful or logical response to the masses still affected. I also feel that how are we supposed to narrow down what appears to be a issue affecting so many of us with different pc's, video cards, etc... I did not create the game nor will I attempt to discredit those who have provided their insight to the situation, but I will not and cannot be oblivious to what is happening.

We have done our part on the matter here are the most recent posts made on this issue. So here is the issue presented on the bug forum. I and other players have done everything we can from submitting tickets, to tech phone calls, but we have gotten nothing in return. I recommend any players experiencing these issues to post here, so that blizzard can take a look into it and soon after, hopefully we get some sort of researched response from them. How much longer can this persist?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6522902440?page=1

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490539797?page=1

Update 1: Got this from ticket response today: From csr nocjusk "I was hoping that Agent possible was forcing the repair which could have caused some of the FPS drop. (thats a current known issue we are fixing)"

Update 2: added: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794729581

Update 3: Taken from a recent blizz post on Cross-realm zones:

CRZ Transition Lag and Performance

There are still some tech-related quirks that are being hashed out, including framerate hitching when crossing into a CRZ zone, reports of performance issues, and resource nodes/NPCs/players disappearing. We’re still investigating each specific cause and working to smooth these types of issues out.

I specifically wanted to highlight the above, I wonder if this is the *stuttering* and *fps drops* that we have been having and reporting for the last 2 months?

Taken from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004442380
/sign
Busted everything for me / Been playing 4 years . Debit out of my checking account . I was never late......... BOOM no more game for me but , its cool i respect advancement but , the q times for others and MAJOR issues are nuts
I have seen my FPS fluctuate between 67 and 2, with it settling around 2-4.
Latest signed and approved video drivers, blew away Cache/WTF/addons still no relief.

DX11 in good working condition

Nvidia 9800 GT
Version: 306.23 WHQL
Release Date: 2012.09.13
Operating System: Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 127 MB

This is the recommended driver for the upcoming blockbuster PC games Borderlands 2 with PhysX and 3D Vision technology and World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria with 3D Vision and DirectX 11 support.

I guess I will try deleting the entire game and re-installing next.

Sad Panda at the moment.
I feel both of ya.
Go into WoW folder.
Rename Interface to Interface-Bak
Play and see if that fixes it.
If so, you get to play Whack a Mole to find whatever addon is slowing you down.

I had close to the same problem on MoP launch. Ended up being the tiptac addon.
nope, sry gatchaman, but as I have stated have tried all the simplistic solutions possible, played with 0 addons and fresh installs of wow and windows, no changes.
I didn't see your thread until after I posted it, but I did post a nearly identical thread.
Having the same EXACT issue. I've tried everything under the sun and still have 12 fps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758726699
My problem is that it will run normally for about 20 minutes and then suddenly I'll go from 100+ frames to below 20 and just stay there until I restart the game. And sometimes when I restart it doesn't even go away, it persists and I have to restart multiple times. Been happening since 5.0
Yep, seems so. FPS bounces around, but seems to settle between 15 and 20. I don't know that it was all that much better before the patch, to be honest: maybe 30-35 iirc; I never took much notice of fps because the game ran very smoothly at the recommended settings. Now it's all jerky and hard on the eyes, though I can't be sure the problem is the fps.

I've experienced this jerky effect in the graphics, to a small extent, since I downloaded the beta . . . on both the beta and (to a lesser extent) in the main game. Also, my characters hesitate slightly every few steps when running or flying.

Since the big patch (which was weeks of trouble to get downloaded and to actually get into the game again) the jerkiness has been much worse. It seems to be what most are describing as "stutter." I thought my system was just not up to the game any more, but after much browsing in these forums I've concluded that there's more to the problem than my needing a new computer. I'll continue to try suggestions from players and from Blizz, in hopes that I can get back to a playable game.

Ultimately, with the headache-inducing jerkiness in the graphics, the game gives me little pleasure at the moment. I can't see any point in buying the x-pac, or even continuing my subscription, unless I can have a smooth game again. This isn't a threat in any way; I'd be very sorry not to be able to continue playing.
Yep, seems so. FPS bounces around, but seems to settle between 15 and 20. I don't know that it was all that much better before the patch, to be honest: maybe 30-35 iirc; I never took much notice of fps because the game ran very smoothly at the recommended settings. Now it's all jerky and hard on the eyes, though I can't be sure the problem is the fps.

I've experienced this jerky effect in the graphics, to a small extent, since I downloaded the beta . . . on both the beta and (to a lesser extent) in the main game. Also, my characters hesitate slightly every few steps when running or flying.

Since the big patch (which was weeks of trouble to get downloaded and to actually get into the game again) the jerkiness has been much worse. It seems to be what most are describing as "stutter." I thought my system was just not up to the game any more, but after much browsing in these forums I've concluded that there's more to the problem than my needing a new computer. I'll continue to try suggestions from players and from Blizz, in hopes that I can get back to a playable game.

Ultimately, with the headache-inducing jerkiness in the graphics, the game gives me little pleasure at the moment. I can't see any point in buying the x-pac, or even continuing my subscription, unless I can have a smooth game again. This isn't a threat in any way; I'd be very sorry not to be able to continue playing.

Enable Reduce Input lag and Max Foreground FPS (100)
Go into WoW folder.

Gatchaman,

This thread was not created to be another troubleshooting thread. It is intended to be signed by players as an official player's complaint thread about Blizzard not acknowledging and addressing the massive problems caused the 5.0.4 Update.

Please do not sabotage this thread by inserting more troubleshooting ideas and tips.

Simply sign the thread and then leave it be.

Enable Reduce Input lag and Max Foreground FPS (100)

Yousel,

AGAIN....JUST like I told Gatchaman..... This thread was NOT started by the OP with the intention of it being another troubleshooting thread!

It is intended as an official player's complaint thread, to be signed by players as a petition, in the hopes that Blizzard takes notice and finally acknowledges and addresses the massive problems that the 5.0.4 Update has caused.

Don't sabotage this thread by inserting more troubleshooting tips and tricks into it. That is NOT why the OP started it!

If you want to help players with new troubleshooting ideas, start a DIFFERENT THREAD.

Simply sign the thread and LEAVE IT BE.
To the OP,

I wholeheartedly /sign, and will assist you in Bumping as necessary to keep it fresh.
To Yousel, Gatchaman, and anyone else reading this thread....

Please do not turn this thread into another technical discussion where you post fixes and solutions. The OP didn't make it for that reason.

This is supposed to be a thread for players to simply give a shout out that 5.0.4 made WoW unplayable for them. The OP is just trying to get as many names as possible.

This isn't supposed to be a troubleshooting thread, just a venting one.
Go into WoW folder.

Gatchaman,

OMG, did you NOT read the OP's opening comment???

He/she wants you to post your frustrations here if you've tried every possible fix and nothing has worked. They are simply asking you to vent your frustration if MOP has caused WoW to be unplayable for you!

The OP isn't asking for MORE troubleshooting, they've exhausted them all and have given up trying!

Just sign the thread and let it go.
fps cut in half. 30->15. Drops to 4 in combat. Water reflections in 3d went bad even at low setting. All MoP issues. I have confidence they can eventually fix it, we just need to let them know how widespread it is so they make it a priority.
I could run Cata on Average settings with no lag, now the FPS is between 60 and 6 with massive fluctuations.

I can understand Blizzard wanting to up the graphical quality to stay competitive, but when it screws over a few million of its players? They should care, how much in lost Subs revenue are they losing due to "wanting to stay competitive" Maybe they could buy all of us with low end machines a new computer, Dreams are free.

Not everyone can afford a new computer Blizzard the least you could do is keep the old graphic levels in as an option and allow those with newer machines to simply set their graphic options higher. But then that would be the smart thing to do.
/sign

I was running cata on high in Org with 30-35 fps during peak hours. Now I can be in the middle of no where with my settings on high and I'm only at 11 fps? Blizzard! Y U NO ADMIT MISTAKE!?
Been getting intermittant "Not Responding" messages at top left of windowed screen since about Thursday. Do not know exactly when it started. The effect is to irregularly, but very very often, interrupt movement, etc. Happens no matter whethered screen is windowed or not, but when it is windowed, I noticed the flashing (very very fast and then gone until next one) messages of "Not Responding" at top left.

Only place it happens is in WoW. It happens in WoW even at character screen. Once I log into the game it starts.

Have tried everything I know to try. Bought new keyboard, new mouse, software programs to update drivers, used all suggestions as to my video card settings, experimented with all suggestions and my own trial and error as to settings via the in game options, you name it. Still continues.

Turned on LUA errors messaging. None. While I sometimes play with some addons that are not yet updated, I tried turning all those off. NOTHING has fixed it.

My theory is there is some loss of connectivity between my system/video card and the game at Blizzard's end caused by the most recent patching. Hence, the thousands (over time) of "Not Responding" messages. I would think this info could be used by Blizzard to get to the bottom of it.

I can play though painfully. I do not expect to raid unless and until fixed. It is absolutely ruining what was a great xpac for me. I was cheering Blizzard for MoP until about Thursday. Now I wish I had not paid in advance where I could just save my money until they thought it important enough to get corrected.
I am running on an AMD 7970 and constantly get 15-18fps. I have tried running no interface addons, updating drivers, etc. One of the odd things is that on Ultra i get around 15fps, while on High i get 16fps or so.