So how are Warlocks in MoP?

Warlock
I hear Warlocks got a massive buff. Rotations still hard but is now doing high dps if done well my friend said. I checked the talents and they all seemed fun to use. So how are Warlocks doing now?
pve? no idea.

pvp - not on par with other dps casters.
pve? no idea.

Really? Maybe not equal to Spreist and Mages but I find clothies harder and more annoying to kill than Most other classes. I would always target a boomkin or Shammy before I decide on clicking on a clothy.
pve? no idea.

Really? Maybe not equal to Spreist and Mages but I find clothies harder and more annoying to kill than Most other classes. I would always target a boomkin or Shammy before I decide on clicking on a clothy.

warlocks can manage, but relative to mages and spriests they're lacking.

here's some of the issues:
- warlocks don't have a "get out of fail free card." mages have iceblock and spriests have dispersion. warlocks have no equivalent. if they make a mistake they need someone else to peel that dk off of them, they can't do it themselves.
- warlocks STILL don't have adequate escapes. demonic circle you can set up mid fight by demonic gateway? get !@#$ing real.
- warlocks can't pressure worth %^-*. it takes ~9 seconds (full backdraft waiting for embers) for destruction to deal EQUAL damage to that of a frost mage where the frost mage can deal equal damage in ~1.5 seconds (freeze, deep freeze). additionally, if a destruction warlock is dpsing you, you're free to move. incinerates and choas bolts don't slow or have a chance to stun, sorry.

it's ok that blizzard doesn't want classes to be separate, but we need to be raciest, we need separate but equal. spriests are great because they finally have adequate escapes and they're dps shuts you down. mages as well. but warlock's don't.
pve? no idea.

You should reforge that haste in to mastery.
pve? no idea.

You should reforge that haste in to mastery.

That'll grant him a whopping 3-4.5% haste. Max.
Pve warlock dps is amazing i top dps in almost every heroic run i do the aoe damage is top notch and single target burst? yeah better then other classes burst

- warlocks don't have a "get out of fail free card." mages have iceblock and spriests have dispersion. warlocks have no equivalent. if they make a mistake they need someone else to peel that dk off of them, they can't do it themselves.
- warlocks STILL don't have adequate escapes. demonic circle you can set up mid fight by demonic gateway? get !@#$ing real.
- warlocks can't pressure worth %^-*. it takes ~9 seconds (full backdraft waiting for embers) for destruction to deal EQUAL damage to that of a frost mage where the frost mage can deal equal damage in ~1.5 seconds (freeze, deep freeze). additionally, if a destruction warlock is dpsing you, you're free to move. incinerates and choas bolts don't slow or have a chance to stun, sorry.

....Ugh.

Warlocks are more durable now than they ever have been, you obviously aren't playing correctly if you can't peel something off you long enough to help yourself live. Our damage is also fine in pve and pvp, I don't understand how people can look at our HUGE tool-kit of damage and survivability compared to cata(not to take away from cata since we were also flooding the ladders in every bracket) and say "Yep...underpowered compared to other classes."

Not to mention the season hasn't even started, you don't know how things will scale with damage and healing when everyone starts getting gear and is comfortable with their set up. The amount of control warlocks have can only get better with higher pvp power and resil, it's amazing how negative some people are about warlocks.

....Ugh.

Warlocks are more durable now than they ever have been, you obviously aren't playing correctly if you can't peel something off you long enough to help yourself live. Our damage is also fine in pve and pvp, I don't understand how people can look at our HUGE tool-kit of damage and survivability compared to cata(not to take away from cata since we were also flooding the ladders in every bracket) and say "Yep...underpowered compared to other classes."

Not to mention the season hasn't even started, you don't know how things will scale with damage and healing when everyone starts getting gear and is comfortable with their set up. The amount of control warlocks have can only get better with higher pvp power and resil, it's amazing how negative some people are about warlocks.

right now you can get season 12 gear tailored by yourself or others i crafted my own set it includes 8 pieces and will surely help anyone getting into pvp this season its 9000x better then full cata
Which I'm aware of, but those sets have always been available to be crafted in the beginning of each expansion. They still don't give a good view of how the season will go until you are fully geared for that season with having experienced how warlocks play out against other classes. We are not going to be as underpowered and gimped as the person I quoted is making it seem.

....Ugh.

Again, the problem isn't with damage or numbers, it's basic mechanics. Every other class in the game has a hard reset.

Or, consider, if an spriest or a mage freecasts on a target the target is partially CC'd while, for example, a destruction warlock just slows them briefly after conflagrates. A major problem, in fact, is that when a warlock is DPSing you the only pressure is damage - equal damage to other classes mind you - while if a mage is doing it you're slowed, snared, frozen (for frost), etc...

Perhaps you're right, it may get better with gear. We'll see.

warlocks can manage, but relative to mages and spriests they're lacking.

it's ok that blizzard doesn't want classes to be separate, but we need to be raciest, we need separate but equal. spriests are great because they finally have adequate escapes and they're dps shuts you down. mages as well. but warlock's don't.

Blood Fear with a fear glyph pretty much is a stun with a 10 second cd not to mention howl of fear. I destroy a most opponents 1 on 1 in battlegrounds, do a load of damage and help cc. The only problem i have is with shadowpriests, but mages i just fear bomb the crap out of.
pve? no idea.

This is very untrue. They're fine in both. If you judge a classes PVP ability by 1v1, you're playing this game wrong.
Sisofmercy: You lack that passive ability you get when posting on your main where people actually give a !@#$ what you say.
Please stop necroing.

I lol'd @ "Warlocks are more durable now than they ever have been" though